blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Just how good will the Olympics be?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just how good will the Olympics be?  (Read 130498 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 18, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »

Glad you're feeling better, there's no doubt it was definitely worth waiting for and thanks for the write ups!!

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: August 22, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »

Scanning ebay came across this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympic-Ticket-2012-Used-Rowing-FinAL-2-Team-GB-Gold-1-Silver-/110934861575?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item19d43ba707

Keep your used Olympic tickets, there is more value already than I thought.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 22, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

Apologies for the delay in this...been a bit ill this week.....

So anyway I knew Mo Farah was on the track before I spotted him because the roar was so loud.  Even thinking about it now send shivers down my spine.  The only thing I can compare the roar at the start of the race with is the roar at the start of the first race at Cheltenham.  I am sure everyone saw the race on TV but it was remarkable in that the noise seemed to follow the runners and in particular Mo around the stadium as they passed.  With about 5-6 laps to go Mo decided to take it up and in 50 yards went from last to first and I thought the roof was going to come off the stadium and from there onwards the noise was all around the stadium and just got louder and louder......by this point I think I wanted him to win more than I had wanted any sporting outcome before but it just felt as though someone was going to come past him then there just came a point with about 200 metres to go when you knew they wouldn't pass him and the stadium just erupted.  I was at Middlesbrough on both occasions when we came back from 3 goals down to get to the semi and final of the UEFA Cup in the last minute and never thought anything would surpass that but this did.  It was just the best experience of my life and it wasn't just me.  It was wonderful to see my dad jumping up and down and just showing unbridled joy at what he was seeing and in many ways that made the whole experience for me and this from a man who looked slightly embarrassed when I jumped on him when Boro won the Carling Cup.  The rest of the night was a bit of a blur but the general goodwill of the crowd was amazing and as someone with strong links to the Caribbean it was really great to see Keshorn Walcott win the javelin but the night was just topped off by the 4x100m relay with Bolt doing the Mobot as he passed the line and broke the WR.  They then kept us waiting and waiting and waiting for the medal ceremony by putting every other ceremony first but nobody left and when Mo came back out it was just incredible all over again.  As we filed out of the stadium they then did a really great interview with Mo and Usain Bolt which just topped the night off.  As we walked away I have to admit I felt a tiny bit flat in that way that you do when you know something will never be that good again.  Amazing experience.

it was fooking brilliant wasn't it. Easily the best sports event i've ever been to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olympic-Ticket-2012-Used-Rowing-FinAL-2-Team-GB-Gold-1-Silver-/110934861575?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item19d43ba707

Saw 2 guys with signs saying 'Can i have your used tickets for my collection', i did think at the time you could replace collection with 'ebay account'
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 10, 2012, 05:25:48 PM »

Went to the parade and enjoyed it.

Charlie not interested in royalty,someone more to his taste must be on the way.

Click to see full-size image.

Oooh Victoria Pendelton on the next float,I swooned as she winked at me.Wish I got a better pic.

Confirmed-Would not like to have a row with Sir Chris.

Really nice atmosphere lots of smiling faces.

shy bairns get nowt
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1129 on: September 10, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

Bloody hell, I have a couple of Olympics ones and a shed load of Paralympic tickets. Won;t sell though

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 10, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

Bloody hell, I have a couple of Olympics ones and a shed load of Paralympic tickets. Won;t sell though

I have all my tickets except the one for Super Saturday which got lost somehow. Think that will be worth the most too!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »

i don't want to but i can't help it, i love BoJo.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

Official Police figs: 9 arrests for the Olympics and 8 arrests for the Paralympics across all Olympic venues..with 5 million visiting. 

John Snow tweet.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1133 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

Official Police figs: 9 arrests for the Olympics and 8 arrests for the Paralympics across all Olympic venues..with 5 million visiting. 

John Snow tweet.

Wow!  Bet they were all touts, pick-pockets and the odd pissed-up reveller!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 10, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »

John Snow tweet.

Wow!  Bet they were all touts, pick-pockets and the odd pissed-up reveller Boris Johnson shouting "where the hell's the Wiff-Waff taking place?"!

FYP

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »

John Snow tweet.

Wow!  Bet they were all touts, pick-pockets and the odd pissed-up reveller Boris Johnson shouting "where the hell's the Wiff-Waff taking place?"!

FYP

"Where the hell"Huh?

Roll Eyes

It's "where in blazes", "where the deuce" or "where the ruddy hell"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:05 PM »

John Snow tweet.

FYP

"Where the hell"Huh?

Roll Eyes

It's "where in blazes", "where the deuce" or "where the ruddy hell"

Duly noted, sir!

You Pembroke boys always were a bit posher than the common louts from Emmanuel!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1137 on: December 07, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20639579

She helped make the Olympics and Paralympics great for me.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 16, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »

cant believe shes only 41, seems like shes been around donkeys!!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »

cant believe shes only 41, seems like shes been around donkeys!!
thats a malicious rumour and the animal in question was a Shetland pony.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: