blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Thanks to everyone that helped. - Save the Planet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks to everyone that helped. - Save the Planet  (Read 1667 times)
El Sid

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »

Thanks to everyone who helped promote my book on Amazon, it reached number 3 in nutrition in less than twelve hours. To all of you with a kindle the book is Free for the next four days. Really appreciate everyone's help. Working hard on the sequel, once we've saved the Planet, we can start work on saving the Universe. Noted an article in the Daily Mail today that night workers have a 40 per cent more chance of developing heart attack or stroke. Prophetically mentioned this 3 weeks ago, on this site. As they say, there's not much profit in being a prophet. If you want to increase your chance of heart attack or stroke, Red Bull, will probably help as you punish your sleep deprived body.
www.truthaboutfood.co.uk

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:18 AM »

Post more Sid, post more!

Hope you are well, & in good heart, my friend.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:58:32 AM »

Hi Sid.

I'm not being deliberately argumentative here I assure you but can have you got any links or evidence to support this quote:

"The Truth About Food helps you construct your own diet around an eminently successful diet that was tested on 48 million people. (Yes! 48 Million people)"

How do you carry out a test on 48M people? I'm more intrigued than anything.

Cheers

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

Another one in the eye from evil pie - Not being deliberately argumentative - Who are you trying to kid?
Before I deal with you lets deal with Daniel Negranu - who said today on twitter that if he was down to his last $5000 he would get a job, work 70 hours a week and build up a bank roll.
Very commendable I'm sure. Would anybody seriously want to employ a poker player who managed to get himself down to $5000, especially if he was honest at the interview and explained he was only there to get a poker bank roll together. I rarely tweet back but in this instance could not resist. I told him that if I was down to $5000 - I'd have $4900 more than I have now.
Well you know what it's like once you start, I just had to have another go at him, kinda like him and dislike him at the same time.
I tweeted: If I was down to $5000 dollars I'd go out and have the best hooker in this town, which would leave me with $4,970 dollars. I had to stop myself at this point as, had I continued I wouldn't have been able to get on with my work saving the planet.
Now Evil Pie, you will have to realise that sometimes grown ups lie too, especially to get a point over.
But do you seriously think that I could pull off a lie of that magnitude with the whole world looking on. I know you have amazing confidence in me, but even I had to tell the truth on this one.
It works something like this. Long before the advent of the internet and mobile phones from the period of 1939 to 1945 we were at war with Germany. It just so happened that there was a shortage of food here, because we are an island nation. The government, proper people, not like the government of today, took the decision to ration food. There wasn't much meat about, there was actually a case of man in Ealing eating his mother in law, but that's another story.
Anyway to get back to the point. because rationing continued after the war until 1953.
14 years in all, a population of 48,000,000 people (bless them) lived on a diet of mainly vegetables, consumed less meat in a month than Evil Pie eats in a day, and rarely laid eyes on an egg. This was indeed an honest trial of a diet. In 1953 the population of Great Britain was fitter than it had ever been before, and were an average of 7lb lighter. Children's diets were enhanced with Cod Liver Oil. The British dug for Victory, and as everyone knows they kept calm and carried on. In my book www.truthaboutfood.co.uk  the evidence is corroborated by the work of Strom and Jensen
Mortality from Circulatory Diseases in Norway 1940 to 1945 the same effects were mirrored in a shorter period.
What's happening at the moment, is your life is being hi-jacked by multinationals who take real food and turn it into absolute crap and charge you a fortune for it. Terrorism is nothing compared to what these fast food outlets are doing to you. The bankers might have stolen your money, but these unscrupulous bastards are taking the food out of your and your children's mouths.
Trust me there really is a bigger picture out there. While your thinking this El Sid's a bit of a sheister, they are picking your pocket and offering you a buy one get one free.
Watch what you eat and look after yourself, because things are about to get worse, and the worst thing to happen to anyone when the Great Depression proper arrives, is to fall ill.
All the best, sorry it's only a short reply, but am about to send an E Mail to the managing director of Tesco's about the disgusting over-refrigeration of vegetables.
I know you do a lot of moaning on this site, maybe it's time you started moaning about what really matters. All the best Evil Pie, save and prosper, eat well and avoid all carbonated drinks.
Yours, always truthfully, El Sid.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:38:13 PM by El Sid » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »

<3 Sid

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:52:17 PM »

I used to think you were a decent person Sid but in that post you come across as incredibly condescending.

"Not being deliberately argumentative - Who are you trying to kid?"

I wasn't being argumentative at all. I didn't have you down as a liar so I was genuinely interested in the source of this study. Eating and living healthily is something I'm very interested in so my question was genuine.

"Now Evil Pie, you will have to realise that sometimes grown ups lie too"

Do you have any idea how old I am? This is one of the most patronising comments it's ever been my displeasure to read.

"I know you do a lot of moaning on this site, maybe it's time you started moaning about what really matters. "

I wasn't aware of this. I thought that I was just joining in debates and putting my point across rather than just moaning. Maybe you've only read a small portion of the posts I've made and you happen to have caught me on a bad day.

"All the best Evil Pie, save and prosper, eat well and avoid all carbonated drinks."

Many thanks. I have those 4 quite nicely covered thank you.

I'm going to go out and walk the dog now to chill out a bit after reading your post. Once I've managed that I'll try to take in the relevant bits that responded to my question.

Maybe there's a chance of a civilised discussion coming out of this at some point.

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 12:06:57 AM »

You were right, I used to be a nice person, but all that changed, I have no idea how old you are but I am old and argumentative. I actively go looking for arguments.

My levels of condescension have risen to extreme proportions. I am paranoid when people ask me for evidence, it's as if Jack Webb is holding a bright lamp to my face and asking me where the bodies are buried. I write sentences that are far too long; I can't stop myself. Some people think I'm crazy, and they are right, I'm hoping mad.

I'm surrounded by pathetic tweeters who don't know they are being ripped off, as long as they are tweeting on the latest phone. I write poems about Charlie Sheen, what are you like, where have you been, sniffing coke, smoking green, what do you know, what have you seen. Lucky your father was born before you, living a nightmare, living a dream. Charlie Sheen vent your spleen.

Then they ask me to sit in a think tank, because they know that the crazy guy has got more chance of coming up with the answers than all the academics.

That's when they get the real stuff, I give them the Don Rickles and the Billy de Wolfe rolled into one. Because I know that those amongst them without a sense of humour are the dangerous ones, and I make it my business to cut them down, before they get a chance to attack the planet.

Then I take stock and realise I've upset a guy called Matt who has a dog, who takes it for a walk,
who only wanted a debate. I made a judgement that he's a moaner and a nit-picker. How do you reconcile the fact that the future is dictating the past. Accept my apology for upsetting you Matt, you didn't get the joke, but that doesn't make you fair game for a crazy guy.

For those that think I'm self medicating, you're wrong. Don't drink, don't smoke. The clock just hit midnight and it's time to call it a day. Wish you all well - save and prosper - El Sid.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:09:31 AM by El Sid » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 12:15:01 AM »

Nurse!

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08:29 AM »

I hate being disrespectful to those older than me, so I wont.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »

You're not 'hopping' mad...just slightly touched.   Wink

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »

Looked at my embarrassing stream of conscious outburst of last night and can't even claim I was under the influence. Only excuse I can give is, I'd worked a sixteen hour day to try and meet a deadline, only to discover that the deadline is actually still a week away.

Once again apologise to Matt, for my churlishness in the original reply. There's no excuse for condescension, and he bore the brunt of a tirade that should have been directed elsewhere, but that's another story. Hope that within the offending piece the answer to his legitimate question could be found.

To answer Mr. Greekstine, I too am never rude to people older than me, because there are none.

Honest, abject apologies to all, I will behave in a more seemly manner in the future. El Sid.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 09:08:52 AM »

God bless Sid.

If you met EvilPie, you'd love him to bits, he's the sort of chap you'd love to have as a grandson.

Has he ever told you about Ronnie?

Well Ronnie disproves that old adage "his bark is worse than his bite".

Best not mess.

Good to see you here though, I never know if I'm being whooshed when I read your stuff. It's different though, which I like.

Thinking outside the box? That's just sick, so so sick...... 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: