blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker Tour Grand Final at DTD: 8-9 Sept
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker Tour Grand Final at DTD: 8-9 Sept  (Read 18039 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »

I'm having a bit of a dither about this as playing golf in a medal on Saturday.

How many chips would I lose if I were to turn up around 5.30pm.?

It would be proper grand if you could be there, Ralph.

It is unfortunate that it  clashes with UKIPT Newcastle, too, but presumably 70% of the UKIPT field will bust on days 1a and 1b (Thursday and Friday) and I'm rather hoping a few of the lads will then come play our event.

Whatever, we are hoping for a fun event.

Anna Fowler will be there too, I know she would love to meet you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

I'm having a bit of a dither about this as playing golf in a medal on Saturday.

How many chips would I lose if I were to turn up around 5.30pm.?

It would be proper grand if you could be there, Ralph.

It is unfortunate that it  clashes with UKIPT Newcastle, too, but presumably 70% of the UKIPT field will bust on days 1a and 1b (Thursday and Friday) and I'm rather hoping a few of the lads will then come play our event.

Whatever, we are hoping for a fun event.

Anna Fowler will be there too, I know she would love to meet you.

Now that's taking schmooze to a whole new level.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 12:01:09 AM »

Confession time: I did not know who Anna Fowler is so google imaged "Anna Fowler poker".

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anna+fowler&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&prmd=imvnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=M4VGUMDMLMjQ0QXNpIGIBA&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=632#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us%3AIE-SearchBox&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=anna+fowler+poker&oq=anna+fowler+poker&gs_l=img.3...19078.21234.0.21609.6.6.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.0DNNr50BbPk&fp=1&biw=1280&bih=632&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&cad=b&sei=24VGUKLMJomV0QWc-YDIDw

At most, only 2 of the first 4 are her, surely?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2012, 12:04:33 AM »

How did Wild Bill Hickock get in there?

Lucky bugger..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:54 AM »

Lisa Marie Long has tweeted over 25,000 times.

That's all I've got right now.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:58 AM »

Lisa Marie Long has tweeted over 25,000 times.

That's all I've got right now.

LMl is "quite an enthusiastic" Tweeter, yes.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:27:22 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2012, 06:27:04 AM »

When I open that page, the first 4 are ALL of Anna, but maybe it rotates the images.

Some confusion may arise, though, because her day job is as a professional photographer, & she has a Studio in Fulham or somewhere equally posh.

She will be at the SPT Grand Final at DTD this weekend to conduct "interviews to camera" for Channel 865.

She's a really smashing kid, no edge or attitude, what you see is what you get, & she is an absolute delight to work with. She does the "dumb girl" routine, but she's as bright as a button, very sharp indeed.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »

Fair enough. Just me then! Second and third images on my phone are Nick Pesaud and your good self.

Do you recruit yourself, Tikay?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »

Fair enough. Just me then! Second and third images on my phone are Nick Pesaud and your good self.

Do you recruit yourself, Tikay?

The Nick Persaud image is for Poker Channel, for whom Anna used to work, might still do, I'm not sure.

Do I recruit the "Talent"? No, not as such.

They split easily into 2 groups - Presenters, & Analysts or Experts.

The Presenters (Anna, Sarah, Hartigan, Orford etc), are by definition professional TV presenters. Agencies send us names, we give them screen tests (I'm always the stooge in the screen-tests - I make a good stooge) but I have no further input really.

The Analysts/Experts - I don't recruit as such, but I get a major say in recommending who we use, advising as to their suitability, in fact that was my first role at Sky Poker - Consultant to the TV Channel. Understanding poker is only a small part of being a TV Poker analyst - more important, FAR more important, is their ability to get "on message", understand & deliver "call to action", using acceptable language & tone, much of which seems to be a very tough ask for some.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »

Currently 167 in the lobby for this weekend

7 have currently qualfied for tomorrow night's last semi-final £72 1 in 5 get a seat at 8.30pm

Tomorrow also sees the DTD Live satellite

Thursday 6th September

9pm start

£30 with 2 optional rebuys maximum

5,000 chips (so 15,000 maximum)

30 minute clock for 3 rebuy levels, 20 minute clock after

Designed obviously for local players, but if you are close enough to play, it will make plenty of seats!

and you can buy in direct too, Over the counter at DTD or Online via the DTD Shop

The event is guaranteed at £75,000

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »

She will be at the SPT Grand Final at DTD this weekend to conduct "interviews to camera" for Channel 865.

[/quote

, FAR more important, is their ability to get "on message", understand & deliver "call to action", using acceptable language & tone, much of which seems to be a very tough ask for some.  
]

It's tough, you know, knowing that the channel is now 861!!!!!

Cymru am byth
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

Gonna miss the sky poker this weekend for the 1st time since it been held at Dtd.
Not only that, gonna miss the sexy n gorgeous Anna Fowler, me best mate yoyo , the legend
Mr. Kendall n all people down there at Dtd . Have a good time
n hope the best player on the day run but bear in mind The Best Player I
China Not Turn Up. Have A good weekend
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »

Gonna miss the sky poker this weekend for the 1st time since it been held at Dtd.
Not only that, gonna miss the sexy n gorgeous Anna Fowler, me best mate yoyo , the legend

That's a shame Frankie, but thank you.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:51 PM »

we're not bessies

IS IT
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2012, 06:04:23 PM »

I've just tried to buy in for this but the DTD shop doesn't seem to be working currently.

So I tried to deposit into my sky account to register that way and it's been suspended!

I finally got into the DTD shop and my card was declined so after half an hour on the phone finding out that something had triggered a "fraud block" my card was back in working order and I am now registered. I've never worked so hard to enter a poker tourney.

It's a good job that bird is dying to meet me..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:27:34 PM by Karabiner » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: