blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Saturday night turbo tourns - anup returns on stars.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saturday night turbo tourns - anup returns on stars.  (Read 2290 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:21:10 AM »

Hello, My name is Ant and I am looking for backing into 5 turbo tournaments on stars. I play turbos almost exclusively and thrive from the quicker action. Benefitting by mainly having turbos in my grind means I can hone in on the similarity on every table I play, making it easier.

My sharkscope stats are below for different sites and lastly for stars. These aren’t all my playernames by the way I have others of similar amounts of profit for the same network but I am going to limit it to these 5.

Ongame: 2dominant4u
Filter:    Count: 682   Av Profit: $12.43   
Av Stake: $50.39   Av ROI: 39.3%   Total Profit: $8,477   
Ability: 89   

Pacific: 2dominant4u
Filter:    Count: 1,292   Av Profit: $6.22   
Av Stake: $29.18   Av ROI: 38.1%   Total Profit: $8,031   
Ability: 86   

Party: anupreturns
Filter:    Count: 1,973   Av Profit: $7.27   
Av Stake: $41.48   Av ROI: 37.2%   Total Profit: $14,343   
Ability: 91   

Ipn: Gaughan
Filter:    Count: 486   Av Profit: $18.61   Av Stake: $39.95   Av ROI: 103%   Total Profit: $9,045   
Ability: 88   

Finally here is my stars account record.

Pokerstars: anup returns
Filter:    Count: 4,250   Av Profit: $7.87   
Av Stake: $44.25   Av ROI: 29.8%   Total Profit: $33,442   
Ability: 92   

Have put hardly any volume in this year and think that if I did, this record would look even better.

The proposal then. I want to play these turbo tourns on stars tonight.

19.00 100 x2
19.45 200
21.30 300
22.00 200
23.30. 200

$1100 total, I will take 75% of my own action and I will sell the rest at 1.2

So 5% = $66
10% = $132
20% = $264
25% = $330                          (smallest stake available is 5%)

(If I don’t use the rebuy in the double chance I will refund you all after the grind has finished.

Aside from the double chance all of these tournaments have a decent amount of time available in them to not have to rush in building a stack and are definitely not complete crapshoots.

These are quite strikingly soft for the buy in and often see fish one tabling these as their only tournament for the day. I am aware of most of the regs that play these and can adapt my play suitably. I came 11th in the 1001r1a (8k ftw) yesterday and was really unfortunate not to be leading with 11 left but my AK couldn’t hold against AJ. I also came 15th in the $75 turbo tourn yesterday (8.5k ftw) but similar bad luck had me reeling, but knocking nicely on that final table door.

Reason for the backing is that I am just not quite there on the comfort front to add these tourns to my grind regularly and the swings are magnified more with me playing turbos, so would like some backing. I may do future ones as well and it may be a possible daily proposal, depending on popularity.

I will be playing the 15 180’s 35 180’s 60 180’s and all available MTT turbos from $11 up with a decent prize pool on stars and all other euro sites, along with the proposal above. At most I think I will be 18 tabling. However, if I am feeling at all too flustered I will be getting the lower end buy ins out of the grind. However, these tourns can end quickly so having a lot open isn’t that bad a thing and I rarely will be hitting the ceiling of 18 tables anyway.

I will go ahead and play the tournaments with or without the backing later on tonight and it’s first come first serve basis. Mention the percentage you want and you are booked if there is any left and it is only confirmed you have a piece if you can send me the money on my stars account ‘anup returns’ by 18.30 tonight.

Have dealt in transactions with OverTheBorder, BobAlike, Greekstein, Flushy, Dubai, Pleno1, F3nix35, stuarthopkin on here before in previous staking threads with no problems and hope this strikes up some interest.

Cheers for reading.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:14 AM »

Great OP.gl if you're playing.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:24 AM »

I made two cashes in the 100 double chance for 321 dollars (min cash) and the 100 cubed for 1225 dollars (8th, 1st was $10020, gutting!).

If you would have invested you would have made 56$ on the 25% as a whole, but i was so close to making this a huge huge night. The cubed tourn i came in 11th yesterday and 8th tonight, i lost ak<88 but if that won i could have pushed on for my biggest single cash i have ever made, if i had came first. The beauty of the 5 figure score!

Going to be doing this again tomorrow, but will be taking all of my action. I will however probably ask for backing with the exact same conditions in 7 days time for next saturday. If you are interested leave a line, which will give me more confidence to post up next week but with hope for some stakers!

Anyway cheers again for reading and ty for the kind words Pleno.

Glgl everyone on the felt!
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »

I hope you don't take this as a flame, as it is not intended that way, but you can't expect to get investment at this mark-up for a schedule that only includes high stakes turbo MTTs.

At 1.2 the backer needs you to have a 20% ROI just to break-even (I believe, someone can correct me if I have this wrong).

If you see the attachment, you'll understand what I'm getting at. Lower your mark-up, or include a wider schedule, and I think you could get investment.

(and yes thinly veiled, but I play off-peak when games are softer)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:58:41 AM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »

yeh there's a thread on 2p2 somewhere about how the rake makes specifically $100+ turbo mtts pretty tough to beat for even the best regs

Christopher Brammer
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »

Yea as MC said the sched was a bit narrow for 1.2 tbh.

Also the quoted parts below put me off. Sounds like you would be taking on a lot and if there is a remote chance of getting flustered whilst playing higher MTTs on a stake just don't play too many to start with. Hope this doesn't sound too critical as I was actually looking forward to getting a piece when I saw the thread title. As it happens vul and we all nearly missed out on a big one.

I will be playing the 15 180’s 35 180’s 60 180’s and all available MTT turbos from $11 up with a decent prize pool on stars and all other euro sites, along with the proposal above. At most I think I will be 18 tabling. However, if I am feeling at all too flustered I will be getting the lower end buy ins out of the grind.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »

All good in the hood lads, I knew that the mark up was a little high but as I was giving away so little I thought to make it worth my while anything less than 1.2 should mean I cover the whole lot myself and get grinding. So I was effectively offering a decent punt rather than a rock solid investment.

Basically means I shouldn't have put the thread up in the first place. I will put it up again with less of a mark up if I go on a bad run and may well ask for 50% instead. What would be a reasonable mark up for me as a decent turbo winner in these games and taking on board the variance? I will need to play a solid year or two of turbos to find out more about a fair ROI for me. But the mark up will be greatly reduced next time I ask considering the graph MC provided.

To milidonk I would be getting rid of any turbo under 55 dollars for next week btw and as it happens I was only 9 tabling yesterday with higher end tourns.

Btw MC, there are sone beautiful turbos during the night and early mourn and you are right they are lovely, great graph btw!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »

Just to let investors know in my limited tries in the higher end turbos and super turbos the stats are below and pretty impressive thus far. Will need to reiterate that i need many more games to prove myself but after 611 games, it isn't a bad start.

Filter: S+R:>=$80 ST T   Count: 611   Av Profit: $21.31   
Av Stake: $135   Av ROI: 33.2%   Total Profit: $13,022   
Ability: 93   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: