blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:25:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Football 12/13
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Football 12/13  (Read 7437 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »

Can people post their football bets for the season here (once they are on) please?

Haven't managed to get RP Big Kick Off yet but would like opinions of some blondes too and post thoughts about your own teams that others might not have picked up on.

TheChipPrince, Shrewdies & Chompy get posting.

I've already missed Rich's Nugent bet.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:17:36 PM »

good idea

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

My team Watford are interesting this year, but I don't think I can recommend a bet yet at 40-1.

They have Zola as manager and a link up with Udinese to get loan players from.  Almunia in goal from Arsenal is a big upgrade on last year and the new arrivals Pudil, Abdi and Vydra are all multi million pound full internationals who would likely get into premier league sides.

The two things that put me off

A) the foreign players may not settle
B) Zola has stuck with a lot of the old guard in pre-season which makes me suspect that the new guys are injured or not match fit.

I think they may start slow but would be a good buy on the spreads after 10 games or so.  The new guys will have bedded in by then and there are other players on tap if they don't work out.

Might be worth considering in a match bet with other mid table sides.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »

Thoughts on these?

Vardy top leicester gs 5/1
Jutkiewicz top boro gs 5/1
Morison top norwich gs 4/1
Maguire top Wednesday gs 5/1
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »

Locking up money for 9 months is so unappealing.

I backed Man Utd when they went 7-2 a couple of months before that flipping last minute goal. Couldn't really be doing with depositing my hard earned cash in a zero interest account at the Bank of Ladbrokes for the season.

Markets where there's green-out value do appeal tho. Who is likely to start well? Who's starting the season injured so that their strike partner will be better value for top scorer until they're back?

Or is everyone here more partial to the long term bets?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »

'kinell. Have really enjoyed the last couple of months without football, are we really at that point already FFS?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »

Locking up money for 9 months is so unappealing.

I backed Man Utd when they went 7-2 a couple of months before that flipping last minute goal. Couldn't really be doing with depositing my hard earned cash in a zero interest account at the Bank of Ladbrokes for the season.

Markets where there's green-out value do appeal tho. Who is likely to start well? Who's starting the season injured so that their strike partner will be better value for top scorer until they're back?

Or is everyone here more partial to the long term bets?

Liverpoo have a really tough start to their league programme and are often overbet by their supporters so I would say that there is definitely an opportunity for an early greengage there if one were to lay low and green a lot higher a few weeks in.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »

Yes footy season already :-) praise the lord

West Brom to be relegated is my first one..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »

Great shout, that.

I'm a spurs fan so can hardly comment on fans who say it's definitely their year, but Liverpool are a joke. They'll do well for top six.

What about @rs£nal? They have all but lost RVP to united and Song wants out, too. Lots of different sorts of markets but how about the handicap market?

13-1 for Wenger and his wanderers to win the league with a 12pt headstart on betfair. That looks like a good lay to me, albeit with my reservations on locking up money, plus the fact you're locking up more for the lay.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »

Yes footy season already :-) praise the lord

Angry Should be 8 months of the year max  Angry
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Had one very tiny bet so far.

80/1 Fleetwood Town to be relegated.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 11:37:53 PM »

Great shout, that.

I'm a spurs fan so can hardly comment on fans who say it's definitely their year, but Liverpool are a joke. They'll do well for top six.

What about @rs£nal? They have all but lost RVP to united and Song wants out, too. Lots of different sorts of markets but how about the handicap market?

13-1 for Wenger and his wanderers to win the league with a 12pt headstart on betfair. That looks like a good lay to me, albeit with my reservations on locking up money, plus the fact you're locking up more for the lay.

Wenger did an absolute miracle last year to get our squad into third place in the league which when combined with the miracle of RVP having a virtual injury-free season for the first time in six years would have been an astonomically priced double.

Not only that but we had four or five weeks in the middle of the season with all four of our full-backs out with fairly to very serious injuries. And that occurred after we had lost Cesc and Nasri in an acrimonious and turbulent pre-season.

We have had had a very productive summer in the transfer market with Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla already secured, all proven international payers in their prime, and two of them just happen to be left-footed attackers Wink. Song is under contract until 2015 so if anyone wants him he won't be going on the cheap and we have a ready-made replacement in Coquelin and Frimpong not far behind.

Our squad looks to have some real depth and experience for the upcoming season for the first time in a few years. I'm optimistic.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »

Had one very tiny bet so far.

80/1 Fleetwood Town to be relegated.

Has Barton gone there for the entire season then?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »

Oh God you're not one of them are you?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »

Oh God you're not one of them are you?

Do you not remember my soul-reading you as a spud when you first started posting on tikay's diary a few months ago after you made a disparaging comment about AW?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: