blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:54:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Sports personality of the year
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sports personality of the year  (Read 48022 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »

Tips for tikay has pages and pages on the odds for SPOTY!
We care, clearly!

At a guess, over 500 Posts, & FIVE bets on it. Sigh........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

I am a huge Murray fan but wouldn't put him in top ten unless he wins us open if it wasn't for Olympics wiggens would walk it but think he will be behind ennis and mo, I can't see past them as athletics has more fans than any of the other sports in the Olympics would love to see someone from a minor sport that has gone through the pain and finally got there get the award but its viewing public that are voting and mo and ennis will be more in the minds come Christmas novelty idea is someone not competed in the Olympics yet but its a BBC show and its channel 4 that are showing the paras

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »

Hold on a minute, I thought people didn't give actually give a rats ass who won this award? I can understand chatter and concern about it from a betting perspective but I haven't seen any mentions of odds on here.

It is a great pub talk subject, especially amongst sports fans. In the whole scheme of things it doesn't mean that much but it is tradition and a way of celebrating sporting achievement in this country.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »

should there be a seperate award for men and women?
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 06:50:21 PM »

should there be a seperate award for men and women?

No
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »

think on the night the BBC will so more offthe olympics as is been a bbc sport and wiggins will be put on at the start as they not want a sky sport winning it so it Mo Farah for me should got on the 12/1 the other day
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »

There should be a separate category for Yorkshire SPOTY.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »

Loved Coe as an athlete - always ran his races with such heart, endeavour and grace - he has put the same into these olympics and deserves to get a lifetime award achievement.

There are so many outstanding athletes of this country and now we have the pleasure of the para olympics to come and see if possible even greater sportsmen and women compete.

Im an old geezer now and have loved sport since i was a youngster when all we seemed to do was be outside playing football, running, jumping, swimming from dawn til dusk.

I hope these games stimulate that activity for our youngsters once more.

Viva sport 
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:22 AM »

McIlroy won the PGA by 8 shots!

Not going to be enough on its own but a big ryder cup is going to put him in the running for the 10.

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »

McIlroy won the PGA by 8 shots!

Not going to be enough on its own but a big ryder cup is going to put him in the running for the 10.

0% chance of winning, but has to be in the top 10
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:59 AM »

So, assuming a 10 short list (which they may expand, given the success), who are we looking at.

Definites are:

Wiggins
Hoy
Farah
Ennis
Murray

Possibles:

Ainslie
Pendleton
Adams
Grainger
Trott
Dujardin
Rutherford

Given the stick they got last year for no women, expect them to lean towards women where it is close.

Also possible for someone like McIlroy if he wins US PGA and Ryder Cup.

This is going to need revision, as there'll be an outcry if there isn't at least 1, if not 2 Paralympians in the shortlist - Storey, Weir and Simmonds the favs.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »

After he won the Olympic gold I said that if Murray wins the US Open, he will win this.  It's still on.

However after watching much of the Paralympics I think there is going to be a real push for Ellie Simmonds.  So far two golds, a bronze, two world records and one event to go IIRC.  Spin up a hatrick of golds and then she has to be one of the favourites.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 11:03:39 AM »

Mo Farah seems to be the guy that has really come out of the Olympics as the star, he is on everything atm (Did you see the repeat of him in the Cube, it was incred), so unless Murray wins the Open its all Mo for me.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 12:32:41 PM »

I really dont think Murray can win this.  Even if he wins the US Open he is an 8/1 shot for me.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

I really dont think Murray can win this.  Even if he wins the US Open he is an 8/1 shot for me.

I remember saying something similar about Sir Bradley and he is still odds on.  At least the thread lay at 1.75 is in the green now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: