blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:35:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Skrill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skrill  (Read 3870 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

My money would be on "no" - but I guess give them a chance to surprise you?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »

My money would be on "no" - but I guess give them a chance to surprise you?

Had a ruck with Hilton a couple of years ago.

Emailed Marriott and thy insta gave me Platinum membership, which was nice Smiley

I'll give Skrill a chance to do the same.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »

I have been neteller for 6 years now , is it easy for me to swtich/worth it?
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:45 PM »

Was reading through the promos earlier...

https://www.moneybookers.com/vip/benefits/

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 10:34:31 PM »

What are the charges to send money to others on Skrill (person to person transfers)?

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »

Also, if there are no charges, wouldn't if be very easy to meet the "transacting" requirements to get through the VIP levels? Pretty sure I'm missing something there...

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »

I will answer both questions at once, as my spidey sense leads me to believe they may be linked...

'Transact' means with a recognised merchant, not P2P with your best mucker who ships you back so that you both get in...  The P2P charge is variable depending on size, but I have never noticed being charged any more than about 70c and often a lot less than that.

However, a pro gambler should have no problems transacting sufficient with poker sites to meet entry level requirements...

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

I will answer both questions at once, as my spidey sense leads me to believe they may be linked...

'Transact' means with a recognised merchant, not P2P with your best mucker who ships you back so that you both get in...  The P2P charge is variable depending on size, but I have never noticed being charged any more than about 70c and often a lot less than that.

However, a pro gambler should have no problems transacting sufficient with poker sites to meet entry level requirements...

Actually they weren't linked, was more thinking along the pro gambler line who might deposit and withdraw a large amount to a poker site and instantly become VIP. I notice actually that most poker sites are on the restricted list that don't count towards VIP status. I couldn't find Pokerstars on the list though

The P2P thing was me just wondering how efficient it is as a way to stake/send money to people given how hard it is on certain poker sites to be able to do that

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »

Neteller used to charge for P2P, it is currently free.  I don't believe this is a permanent thing, but obv it is, that's something to consider also.

Some of the piddly gaming sites are barred from VIP promos (presumably people have used these sites to game the promotions) and they can and do remove VIP status from people that try and rip it.  That said, a pro gambler is entitled to win a few grand on one site and go skint on a different site and need to balance up. 

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »

Neteller used to charge for P2P, it is currently free.  I don't believe this is a permanent thing, but obv it is, that's something to consider also.

Some of the piddly gaming sites are barred from VIP promos (presumably people have used these sites to game the promotions) and they can and do remove VIP status from people that try and rip it.  That said, a pro gambler is entitled to win a few grand on one site and go skint on a different site and need to balance up. 

Yes, and wasn't the Neteller charge a % of the transfer which certainly didn't work out at less than $1 at least when I had tried it

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »

I can't remember what happened a few years ago.. Neteller did stop US players accessing their accounts and it took them a long time to pay out iirc.  I'm not sure if they did this ethically and was under a 3-line whip from DoJ or if it was just dubious business practice, but either way, it was a black mark and I have a preference for MB who so far, have been superb.

ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:59 PM »

Just signed up for a skrill account and was intrigued by the necessity to declare whether a deposit was to be used for gaming or non-gaming transactions.  Does anyone know why they ask this?  Is there any downside to ticking non gaming when it is for gaming? What if you are going to use it for a mix of gaming/non-gaming?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »

gd question actually, when I read your post I assumed i knew the answer but i dont think I do. I'm sure Simon will be able to tell us though Tongue

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:10 AM »

if u click non-gaming you won't be able to depo to stars/gambling sites iirc
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »

if u click non-gaming you won't be able to depo to stars/gambling sites iirc

This is what I saw someone quote on the world wide web when I consulted my friend Mr. Google. Was hoping someone knew why?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: