blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ept barca day 1
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ept barca day 1  (Read 2160 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »

We open at t100 to 325 in cut off. Spanish guy who seems weird calls btn.

We cbet who qd to 425, he makes it 1.3, we go 3.2 and he try's to make it 5k but misclicked and calls and seems angry he can't raise.

I c/call 5k on the turn which is

River is and e snap throws his stack over the line. So 22k to call into 17ish

Is he really wanting to 4vet the flop with any flush?Huh??

Is he shoving jj/33 for value without thinking?

Thoughts pls?Huh?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:09 AM »

We e black queens and this is 8 hands into day 1

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

My thoughts: Could the 'seeming angry' be a fake tell. ie, wants you to think he has a made hand when he is actually drawing.
I would expect him to be 3 betting pre with jj or kk and probably AQs+ too.
To me, the only hand that makes any sense for villian, which actually beats you, is or the nut flush.
I would struggle to fold here, but i do think that a FOLD is the correct choice.
 I think the nut flush certainly can't be ruled out. I guess a lot depends on your reads of villian. Although he seems weird, would he really be jamming into a flushing board with a not top set, against a player who's hand seems to be unde-repped (ie could have a flush draw).
As villian has position here, surely here would just check behind with most of his range of decent, but not nut, made hands?
If he was so eager to 5-bet the flop, could he really show up with a bluff on the river? I personally dont think so.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »

my experience of spanish players is that they would be tilted if for whatever reason they cant get all in with Ak/Aq/KQ/KThh here otf

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

that's nothing against spanish players ofc, just that in my personal experience recreational players from spain of all levels of ability play with far more emphasis on accumulating chips than protecting their stack at all times. which is a large difference in style to most english players, again just imo

for tikay's benefit ofc Cheesy ^^

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

c/shove turn vs spanish fish obv

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 03:20:31 PM »

c/shove turn vs spanish fish obv

This.  Think you have owned yourself here met.  Right now am folding then kicking myself for the turn

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »

Checj shove ott is 22k more ie 220bbs more.  If the 8k otf counts then vv c/shove turn. Think it's just a bit too much here.

Anything 5 orbits late he overshoved ricer with flush so guess its tribute we some how found a hero fold.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »

this really a hero fold? the most obvious draw gets in and he still wants to get 220 bigs in?

Seems like its a definite fold, tilting though.

thing to remember is that you double to 60k your equity doesn't double, lets say you have 100% roi your equity to start the hand is 10k it DEFO doesn't increase to 20k when you call and get shown JJ or some spazzy bluff. You make a couple of thousand euros prolly

You call he has a flush, gg 10,000 euro's equity it's now worth 0 (assuming we're out yh?) whereas we fold, we still have 200+ bigs and I'd say our equity is barely reduced to 9500 imo, prolly you lose like 100 euros. There is just abso no need to take the risk OTR, I know some MTT sicko's who would just flat the flop raise and call down most runouts (obv raising the river if they have the nuts/have an obv value raise) because getting it in on the flop prolly ISN'T profitable on this texture at this stage of this tournament unless he has QJ, JJ or 33 in which case it's obvious incredibly profitable (!)

Franky always tells me busting in early levels of an EPT is completely inexcusable with the exception of ridic coolers.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

Still raise the turn though surely? Seems criminal not to whilst we still have the nuts and some rivers may scare him off. Agree it's bad to get it in on the flop.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 04:20:18 PM »

If he 4vets the flop we have to jan right?

What would your turn siZibg be Alex?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

he has 22k more after betting 5k right?

So make it 11k then jam river for 16k?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

IDK, I think it's bad to 3bet the flop

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »

Not really sure why we'd check the turn, think betting the turn is better than c/r.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »

IDK, I think it's bad to 3bet the flop

Really? Why do you ever see him r/f?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: