blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Etiquette when player sits out during HU play?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Etiquette when player sits out during HU play?  (Read 3572 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »

Once4 you reach stakes with regulars, you should try and wait for them, esp in HU cash or the like. At low stakes, you should try and win as quickly as possible. Reciprocity is the point here, if they would wait for you,  do the same, or if there is a degree of common courtesy between the two of you.

It's not possible to take advantage of a player sitting out in HU cash in any way is it? Only mid-pot if they lose connection in which they have disconnection time bank which once it has run out you can bet.

Yeah, snap betting when your opponent has timed out. Controversy if you would bluff but he dcs etc, i think giving him sometime to re-connect should be standard reaally, but doubt it at low stakes.

I actually tried letting myself time down oop in order to induce before.... Tongue

Click the space over the raise button until your mouse has smoke coming from it and sets on fire. Or you win. If they come back just lol at them

LOL I like it  cupcake

this... rrrrrrrrraise!

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »

If it was a Sunday major I'd get the host to pause it.

Big runner mtt, time bank each hand.

Anything else raise n take.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

if you know/think they'd do the same for you then time bank every hand and wait for them.

If you're don't know then raise every hand quickly as it's pretty much a lock they'd do that to you.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 02:58:18 AM »

90% of my online volume is heads up sngs so this is pretty common.

If its a random then you blind them off
If its a reg that you know, blind them off and make sure they badger the network for a refund.
If its a reg that you don't have a problem with him sitting you a lot, search him, sit all of his games and blind them all off

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 03:01:15 AM »

90% of my online volume is heads up sngs so this is pretty common.

If its a random then you blind them off
If its a reg that you know, blind them off and make sure they badger the network for a refund.
If its a reg that you don't have a problem with him sitting you a lot, search him, sit all of his games and blind them all off

People do this? I mean, i believe in reciprocality, but surely there is a line and regs shouldn't be doing this?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
giveyourcash

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 07:00:51 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoners_dilema

In a one shot game raise raise raise.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »

People do this? I mean, i believe in reciprocality, but surely there is a line and regs shouldn't be doing this?

Shouldn't be doing what?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »

Dan have you ever got any abuse for doing that sort of thing and does it happen very often to either you or your opponents? It seems a bit of a scummy thing to do. On the other hand I don't play H/U but if in a sat and a mate disco's I might time bank fold to give him time to reconnect. Is this also bad and a form of collusion ?

Have you had any reprocussions from doing this. People must know who you are and want to confront you when they see you live.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »

You get the occasional bit of abuse if the guy comes back with a few chips left, but he'd have no problem doing the same to me. In over 20,000  games I've never disconnected against an unknown opponent and had them wait. Not once.

If you're +EV against the other regs then it's a pretty good idea to have them not like you anyway. Just means you get games all day rather than waiting for fish. You get more lobbies that way too because the bumhunting regs know that you won't stop rematching so they eventually just give up the lobbies and end their session which is more fish for me.

Actually I have had one reg tell me he was going to come to my house and shoot me, but that wasn't anything to do with disconnections. I happened to meet the guy at UKIPT Galway this year. He was surprisingly sheepish in person. Who'd have seen that coming? Smiley

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »

You get the occasional bit of abuse if the guy comes back with a few chips left, but he'd have no problem doing the same to me. In over 20,000  games I've never disconnected against an unknown opponent and had them wait. Not once.

If you're +EV against the other regs then it's a pretty good idea to have them not like you anyway. Just means you get games all day rather than waiting for fish. You get more lobbies that way too because the bumhunting regs know that you won't stop rematching so they eventually just give up the lobbies and end their session which is more fish for me.

Actually I have had one reg tell me he was going to come to my house and shoot me, but that wasn't anything to do with disconnections. I happened to meet the guy at UKIPT Galway this year. He was surprisingly sheepish in person. Who'd have seen that coming? Smiley

LMAO, quality. Good fade of getting shot Dan, congrats.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »

LMAO, quality. Good fade of getting shot Dan, congrats.
Lol who would have thought you had big balls and could be so ruthless. Great honesty

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »

cliffs required!
Wilfie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »

So I sat down at the Chipleader tourney in seat 9 and my verbal abuser was sat a few seats to my right! Not a 20 year old  backward cap wearing scrote as I expected but a well dressed pleasent mannered gentleman! We had a giggle about it and played on, great tourney!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »

So I sat down at the Chipleader tourney in seat 9 and my verbal abuser was sat a few seats to my right! Not a 20 year old  backward cap wearing scrote as I expected but a well dressed pleasent mannered gentleman! We had a giggle about it and played on, great tourney!
lol. always gonna happen

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: