blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  4 handed PL50 PLO - short stack river all in
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4 handed PL50 PLO - short stack river all in  (Read 2017 times)
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:59:01 AM »

playing 4 handed PL50 PLO, ive got the standard open down to <2.5x table has been fun and no one is playing tricky and everyone has a huge range post flop

info is pretty dire... only played several hands and use no software.
villain is a station, accumulated a few chips early on, but had bled them back to the community with a lot of bet call folding

Blinds are now $0.25 / $0.50
Button is at seat 2
Seat 1: Blindmellon - $33.23
Seat 2: RushPoker - $90.21
Seat 4: Hero - $298.61
Seat 6: vakostar - $193.95
Shuffling Deck
Hero posts small blind ($0.25)
vakostar posts big blind ($0.50)
Dealing Cards
Dealing three diamonds
Blindmellon calls $0.50
RushPoker folds
Hero raises to $1.25
vakostar calls $1.25
Blindmellon calls $1.25
Pot sizes: $3.75
Dealing Flop   three clubs
Hero bets $1.75
vakostar calls $1.75
Blindmellon calls $1.75
Pot sizes: $9
Dealing Turn  
Hero checks
vakostar checks
Blindmellon bets $9
Hero calls $9
vakostar folds
Pot sizes: $27
Dealing River  Two Diamonds
Hero checks
Blindmellon bets $21.23 (all-in)
Hero has requested more time
Hero  is using the time bank
Hero has 9 seconds remaining in the time bank

this river seems like the nut worst card to rep a value jam in my eyes after the pot bet on the turn, i mean he cant be that big after overcalling the flop?

what line should i be taking here?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:27:11 PM by Oxford_HRV » Logged

To win at poker is to not have to play
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:59 AM »

Don't raise preflop. Your hand is not very good. Just try to hit a set cheaply.

Bet/fold the turn. As played fold the turn.

Probably fold the river.

Also.... "NL50 PLO"??
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:51:48 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 12:01:45 PM »

As played fold the turn and fold the river.

I think the ISO pre-flop is fine but making it $1.25 is not, our pre-flop raise sizes in PLO should be to achieve one of two things (sometimes both) is to get hands behind us to fold, and to get hands in front of us to call. The strategy I use is to pot from everywhere but the BTN, where I 3x (sometimes 3x from the CO as well if the BTN is weaker) this makes it slightly LESS likely people behind you with $0 invested will call (it's very hard to play post-flop OOP in PLO regardless of your hand) and the blinds are more likely to call.  Here, in this spot someone has limped UTG and when they do that they are pretty much never folding, so you should POT - 4x in this case, forcing less people to call behind you and the UTG limper has to put in more money with a dominated hand and you'll be HU IP.

Keeping the table open down to 2.5x is if anything a disadvantage to the better players imo.

I also think you should pot/call the turn.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »

Dave, no one is going to fold here if hero pots it. Which is why just seeing a cheap flop is best. The hand plays fine HU in a raised pot, but will play really badly multiway OOP in a bloated pot. If in position a raise is much better and if double suited a raise is good too since it then plays a lot better multiway.

Bet/call the turn? It's still multiway on the turn, right? Surely this means it is pretty likely you are crushed if you bet and get raised...
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

Hmmm... just reread HH and seen it is only a 3way pot. I thought it was 4way. So most of what I said above is wrong! Or at least it is much closer.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »

Yeah double suited or on the button get some chips in. If anyone else is limping (which they probably are, it's 50plo) then we can get away with limping sometimes to pretty much always fold on non king flops.

As played, fold turn. Bet/fold > check/fold > bet/call surely?
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:27 PM »

I agree with you guys how it's not a good hand to raise pre 'especially' from the SB, and 6 handed but this table plays Vsoft and face up. I didn't want to pot it pre because that's ridic with my hand in the SB with two guaranteed callers, ppl on this table pot bet flops with a huge range incl. weakly flopped hands with no redraw, so if the flop is <$4 I can call pot bets and risk less to spike a king, this isn't normal practice and agree with badger my hand does play real bad OOP in a bloated pot.

What was running through my head is, after calling on the flop this makes no sense, you can't expect to be getting a call pot betting the turn, so what are you trying to get to fold? and wtf are you drawing to/have which makes you go all in on the river?
any ideas ppl, after re reading the HH through again I think he only reps QQXX but even then I think villain would limp 3b me?Huh?

To win at poker is to not have to play
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 11:46:12 PM »

we're OOP, I thought we were OTB.

Yh pre-flop is closer. I still actually think potting (aking it $2.50) is as good as limping, if not better.

Didn't see the turn was 3way, pot/call prolly bad, chk fold or bet/fold chk/call defo the nut worst option.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: