blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  English Poker Open/GUKPT London
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English Poker Open/GUKPT London  (Read 26629 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »

If you've got a stream, and you are letting people phone a friend, just put the stream up on a screen in the card room (on delay, obviously).

This is a most sensible idea

No dispute or argument to that.
I agree level playing field as should be !

So you would also say its grossly unfair for me to talk to great poker minds on the breaks and discuss strategy yes?
It's not the same obviously ......they wouldn't of seen your opponents hole cards.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »

obviously ok to get updates from people, the streamers and not the opportunists should be the ones taking the brunt of any eithical concerns that arise.

This. Not doing it is giving an advantage to those who are

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 01:55:05 AM »

I definitely wasn't.

Smiley Cheesy
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 01:56:13 AM »

If you've got a stream, and you are letting people phone a friend, just put the stream up on a screen in the card room (on delay, obviously).

This is a most sensible idea

No dispute or argument to that.

In the Million $ drop, didnt all players agree to show their hands face up if they were in the hand, to stop people texting etc! seems fair that!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2012, 08:30:09 AM »

obviously ok to get updates from people, the streamers and not the opportunists should be the ones taking the brunt of any eithical concerns that arise.

Yeah everytime I see someone cheating I cheat too  idiot
You know a bunch of guys are colluding so would you do the same with your mates?
It's a wide sweeping statement but I agree you need to be looking for advantages, but unfair advantages are another dilemma.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »

We've had this arguement before. Deffo nothing wrong with having friends watch the stream. Not his fault or problem if someone else at the table doesn't have mates that can watch it or chooses not to ask someone for the info. Likening it to cheating or being unethical is completely ridiculous

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
SolarCarro

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:30 AM »

We've had this arguement before. Deffo nothing wrong with having friends watch the stream. Not his fault or problem if someone else at the table doesn't have mates that can watch it or chooses not to ask someone for the info. Likening it to cheating or being unethical is completely ridiculous

Agree

It's not unethical, it is using ALL the information available

Man City knew they had to score twice in stoppage time as the Man U game had finished, it wasn't unethical for them to seek that info, the games kicked off together to ensure fairness, they used info freely available to them.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

To clarify, as it was me who started this debate, which I now almost wish I had not.

It is not an argument, I simply asked James a polite question. James is a good friend, he & I can discuss these things openly, & I think the question was fair.

James would not "cheat" in a million years, & I never suggested as such.

"Unethical"? Not quite sure if it is, or not, but that was not my point.

It just "feels" a bit dirty to me. There may be some Billy No Mates at the Table, or those who do not have the advantage of a bunch of onside friends on blonde to ask.

It is certainly not cheating, & it is apparently well within the rules, or at least the letter of them, if not the spirit.

It just seems to me that poker was not intended to be played this way, with players at the table frantically Posting on assorted Forums in an attempt to gain an edge. Where will that end, with some players having their own dedicated "stream spy" to relay them info?

Perhaps fairer is if all the players can watch the delayed stream, everyone has the same info then.

I suppose it's a generation gap thing, which I readily concede, as I am approaching my dotage, whereas James is merely late middle-aged.   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:41:08 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »

These

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »

Correctamondo. And a disadvantage to those who don't.

It is the system, or organisers, that has thrown up this anomoly, not the players.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »

Exactly what I was trying to get out in my post tikay I just have trouble in getting my point accross

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »

Exactly what I was trying to get out in my post tikay I just have trouble in getting my point accross

Evidently I do, too, judging by a rather acerbic PM I had about it!

Anyway, concensus seems to suggest it is fine & dandy, so there it is.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »

Do you get kicked out of comp for not showing cards to camera?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »

I'd not allow the camera to see my cards. Stops Seat 2 from asking his mate back home what I had. Wink

There'd be quite a hoohah if they tried to disqualify me because I refused to let the camera see my hand.

The disruption caused to players, & play, during the WSOP main by ESPN is incredibly bad, & the players don't get a penny of recompense. Bang wrong, that, but every year, the players dutifully go along with it. It is part of the T & C's, of course, but there'd be a barney & a half if Billy Big Name (say, Little Danny) got disqualified for not showing. Camel might agree though..... 

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »

I'd not allow the camera to see my cards. Stops Seat 2 from asking his mate back home what I had. Wink

There'd be quite a hoohah if they tried to disqualify me because I refused to let the camera see my hand.

The disruption caused to players, & play, during the WSOP main by ESPN is incredibly bad, & the players don't get a penny of recompense. Bang wrong, that, but every year, the players dutifully go along with it. It is part of the T & C's, of course, but there'd be a barney & a half if Billy Big Name (say, Little Danny) got disqualified for not showing. Camel might agree though..... 

I'm not sure I agree- at the end of the day, you know about it before you enter the tournament. I had to show on my Sky final table. Plus you could argue that having cards up poker on TV is good for the game, and so if you are a good player, it is good for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: