blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273063 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jimmy Saville
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Saville  (Read 52686 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14:35 PM »

I dont like it when people say things like. "i knew it!, he was so weird"  or "there was always something about him"  aftertimg strerotypes dont' sit well with me.

When you play live poker do you never go with your gut feeling when deciding what to do?

The most annoying poker players are the ones who say "I knew you had that", but played the hand totally opposite to the way they would have played it if they really did know.

After timers.

Knew you were going to post that.

ditto

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »

When will these jimmy saville sex allegations ever end? Police are now saying jeremy beadle may have had a small hand in it.

Quality

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »

Has there been one shred of evidence that would stand up in court been presented yet ?  yes unfortunately the overwhelming amount of claims pouring forth would seem to strongly indicate guilt..however we ( supposedly ) live in a society that requires proof before the die is cast...however we still live in a society where pseudo lynching occurs..there may well be plenty out there guilty by association as this level of perversion and abuse could never go unaided.

I do get pissed off though when i switch on the news and see some old Doris saying she witnessed Saville abuse a disabled girl and call him despicable...WTF she never said anything and waited 40 years to get her fizog on the goggle box..fuck off love your worse than Saville..your saying you stood by and watched him do this and didn't say a word?  someones despicable here alright...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »

I do get pissed off though when i switch on the news and see some old Doris saying she witnessed Saville abuse a disabled girl and call him despicable...WTF she never said anything and waited 40 years to get her fizog on the goggle box..fuck off love your worse than Saville..your saying you stood by and watched him do this and didn't say a word?  someones despicable here alright...

what makes you think they never said anything before?

As others have said children who complained were sometimes ignored and sometimes told not to cause a fuss - and even when they were listened to the representatives of Jimmy Saville told them that it would come down to their word against his - and he would win.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »

what makes you think they never said anything before?

As others have said children who complained were sometimes ignored and sometimes told not to cause a fuss - and even when they were listened to the representatives of Jimmy Saville told them that it would come down to their word against his - and he would win.

the old dear wasnt a child at the time...and im sorry ..seriously if you saw someone molest a disabled child would you really give a toss who it was... would you not scream from the rooftops and keep screaming or just shut up in case you looked like a prick..think i know what id do

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »

I dont like it when people say things like. "i knew it!, he was so weird"  or "there was always something about him"  aftertimg strerotypes dont' sit well with me.

When you play live poker do you never go with your gut feeling when deciding what to do?

this occurrence i call experience rather than 'gut feeling'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »

I dont like it when people say things like. "i knew it!, he was so weird"  or "there was always something about him"  aftertimg strerotypes dont' sit well with me.

this occurrence i call experience rather than 'gut feeling'

Good answer

My point being that sometimes you just know whether from experience or 'gut feeling' if something is right or wrong.
I actually remember the rumours from over 10 years ago about similar accusations. I didn't know whether to believe it or not back then but this time round my gut feeling tells me there's no smoke without fire.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »

Mbn to live in your world Dean where everything is so cut and dried. I agree to some extent but u seem to be judging a lot of people without the full facts.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2012, 12:08:47 PM »

I Live in the apartment below where Jimmy Saville used to live, for the past week we've had endless strings of reporters knocking on the door asking for interviews about JS.

What can I possibly tell them lol

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »

Mbn to live in your world Dean where everything is so cut and dried. I agree to some extent but u seem to be judging a lot of people without the full facts.

He has a point though.

I watched the documentary on ITV yday that was on the other week, someone that worked with him at the BBC said something along the lines of "I was in my twenties and was naive and vulnerable, also he was a bigger bloke than me and I didn't want him to find out I had snitched on him as he could've knocked me out"

I mean are you fucking serious ?

How selfish can you be to know someone is molesting and abusing children but your going to keep quite because you don't want to get beat up, WTF is that. As for being vulnerable, in what sense ? Only one I can see is he'd have not been believed and then getting the sack, again how selfish can you be. It's a bit extreme to say they're as bad as him and I disagree with that but it's very, very wrong. I can understand someone who's been raped or abused keeping quite due to whatever mental reason or trauma they've gone through but for someone to witness it being done and not do anything about it is shameful at the very least.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »

Remember reading this at the time and being intrigued as to why a group of blokes would have a 'Friday Morning Club' and what they would do:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-15511375

Tim Blackmore sounds a little silly now:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-565179/Jim-fixer-Is-Jimmy-Savile-just-fantasist---truth-stranger-fiction.html

A somewhat chilling sentence from the 2nd article, "And, while in interviews he is always at pains to stress that he has had many one-night stands, no one seems to have ever found a woman willing to admit to sleeping with him."

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »

Yeah completely agree, I mean, wtf?! My parents were trying to say it was because he had this 'aura' and status and that maybe they worried ppl wouldn't believe them, but I don't buy that as an excuse.

Oh and it's you're btw Wink

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »

I Live in the apartment below where Jimmy Saville used to live, for the past week we've had endless strings of reporters knocking on the door asking for interviews about JS.

What can I possibly tell them lol

don't say you played poker with him.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »

Geezer has terrible taste..

Only point of going through it now is money imo. Guy died at 84, it's not like they didn't have enough time to bring it up if they felt that aggrieved. Fair enough 40yrs ago or what have you it would have been brushed under the carpet, but no chance if they decided to do something about it in the last 10yrs.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »

Geezer has terrible taste..

Only point of going through it now is money imo. Guy died at 84, it's not like they didn't have enough time to bring it up if they felt that aggrieved. Fair enough 40yrs ago or what have you it would have been brushed under the carpet, but no chance if they decided to do something about it in the last 10yrs.

Some people had obviously said something, as he was asked about it by Louis Theroux and in other interviews.  The rumours were out there while he was alive (which he denied) so it kind of supports the fact that no-one took it seriously enough to investigate properly at the time.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: