blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP Qualifier Sunday 19th
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Qualifier Sunday 19th  (Read 25787 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2005, 01:07:52 AM »

You won a seat Byron/Justin?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2005, 02:35:42 AM »

Well a lurker won a seat at least. Good luck to you all next week. Maybe I'll see some of you out in Vegas

Justin O

Nice one Byron!

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2005, 09:26:49 AM »

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm through to the semis for late night poker and I won a WSOP seat last night on Betfair. It's been quite a good week. I've dreamt about playing the WSOP for 2 years now and I can't believe I'm going. I've spent a few thousand $ in sats for it and I had decided that last night was going to be the last one I was going to play.

Tikay you probably won't remember me, I was sitting to your right at ther main event in deauxville with david benyamine 2 seats to my right. We got in a pot together when I had pocket kings and you had AJ for top pair top kicker. I just called you down instead of raising you cos I was afraid you'd caught a set Huh? I hope I won't be such a weak tight wuss in vegas Smiley    
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2005, 09:32:58 AM »

sorry if it offends you dave but thats my pic on laddies and the same name on all the sites too
its only a bitter man that would be offended if a celtic one was on here you wouldnt say a word
so its staying if i have anything to do with it

Thats fine it can stay if you want, Im just letting you know it makes me want to Violently Vomit

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2005, 10:46:37 AM »

Thats fine it can stay if you want, Im just letting you know it makes me want to Violently Vomit

Over-reaction big man.

While I've no love of RFC's team - there's nothing offensive there.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »

Over-reaction big man.

While I've no love of RFC's team - there's nothing offensive there.

Oh but there is my good man!

If you look closely you will see rangers badges.....That alone, is offensive to humanity!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2005, 01:55:11 PM »

Oh but there is my good man!

If you look closely you will see rangers badges.....That alone, is offensive to humanity!

Grin Roll Eyes

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2005, 02:02:48 PM »

well played eric and junior

RFC get that picture off of this Forum, this is a poker forum, and it offends Me, Teacake, Rod And Patman!!

No place for it here!

Dave it doesn't offend me it just doesn't surprise me.

I agree with your sentiment tho I come on here to forget about the footy but you know what its like up here, some people have got to bring it in to everything they do.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »

OK, enough of the footie, but I must reply to ByronKincaid.

Firstly, congrats, you seem to be running hot. Come and say Hi in Vegas, we want to follow ALL the blondeites in our Live Update, and you may have family or friends at home that want to follow your progress.

Remember you from Deauville? You bet I do! And thanks for clearing up the mystery of why you just called me down, I wondered about that. But I did about 6k anyway, pah! Could have been worse though. I recall thinking WHY oh WHY did I have to hit the damn J, why not the A....!

The rest of you can move on now, this may be boring, but for me and Byron, I want to ramble on a bit.

I had doubled up early in Deauville, it was a 3 day jobbie, & I had got lucky against a maniac early on. Then I realised that due, I suspect, to the high number of Internet qualifiers, the game was being played way too "fast" for the structure, folks were going all-in left right and centre. I decided, having achieved my Day One Target early, to sort of sit out for a while, & watch the ensuing carnage, a good decision as it turned out.

We were just approaching the second break, 2 hands away in fact, I had 22k (began with 10k) when I picked up AJ, not a hand I like to overplay. You played your KK very cute indeed, I hit my J, and that was 6k down the tube. I was livid with myself for losing so much with a poor A, & failing to spot your beautifully disguised monster.

Very next hand, the last pre-break, I picked up the Aces, Matey Boy, a French guy I believe, raised into me, whahoo! Flop came K-J-T, horrible horrible! Gary Bush once gave mea great tip - on a flop like that, it is more than likely that a Raiser is "very adjacent". Anyway, I had done another 6k before I slowed down, he had 2 pair, & I was back down to my normal sub-average stack, 8k in this case.

But it served me well as it happened. I beat myself up in the break, & told myself that at these blinds, I was still very much in the game, & the nutters were still playing way too fast. And Thewy gave me a talking too as well, I think he had busted out early on an ugly outdraw.

So I "gathered myself", decided to show a bit of backbone, & ended up having one of the most enjoyable & satisfying comps I had ever played. I eventually made the Semi-Final, got myself in contention with a nice double up, but then pre-ejaculated when I found A-T & failed to get Bob Coombes to put his hand down - he only had KK.....! But Bob is a hero of mine, and a truly big man, so at least I gifted my stack to a decent guy and I picked up a few bob. Then I got 6th in the 500E comp, another nice draw, & me & Thewy's travelling companion, Jamie Moult (bookiebasher) on his first major comp and "away trip" went and won the 1,000 Euro jobbie. So great memories of Deauville.

Now, where were we.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2005, 11:55:29 PM »

If it wasn't for you mentioning it on the telly I probably wouldn't have played the betfair/will hill sat so a big thank you for that. I am mostly a Sit n Go player so deauville was a massive learning experience for me. I too had a 20k chip stack when I was moved from your table. I was gutted because I felt I had a great image at that table because I had only shown down huge pocket pairs so I was about to loosen up and try to steal a few pots. I got moved to The Camel's table and was pretty much intimidated because he and 2 or 3 others had huge stacks. I just sat there getting crap cards until I eventually reraised all in with AK and lost to QQ.

I think the next day was a 600 euro rebuy. I was on Devilfishes table and he absolutely ran rings around me all afternoon and he went on to win it if I remember rightly. That night I was lucky enough to spend in the bar with a player who's much better than me and he gave me a lesson in what is no doubt very basic deep stack multi table tourney strategy but stuff that I had never thought about, being a SnG player. Things like, if you somehow 100% knew that your opponent has pocket aces then it is absolutely correct to call with 85s with deep stacks, seem simple now but at the time it was absolutely revolutionary to me. Which lead to the 1000 euro event when I again got to sit with Devilfish but my play had gone up a level. I made a serious dent in Rory Liffey's stack when I call his raise with 74s and then I take a load of chips off Devilfish when I raised him with 44 from early position and catch a set. I busted out at the next table when I froze up to a Willie Tann onslaught of raises and reraises but I was near the money and for the first time there happy with the way I played.

I'll probably play a couple of the smaller tournaments at the Vic to get some practise in, I think they do 50 or 80 comps on a Monday and Thursday and I'll let the relatives know that they can ask about my WSOP progress here.

see you in vegas Smiley

Justin O'Shaughnessy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2005, 12:49:59 AM »

Nice post Justin, so you enjoyed Deauville too!

Don't forget to come & say Hi in Vegas please.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: