blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:14:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Official Help me choose thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Official Help me choose thread.  (Read 12055 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 08:19:08 PM »

I need a music player that will accept media other than an iphone.  MP3, SD card or my android phone for instance.

Is this the type of thing you're after.

http://www.lenco.eu/p/btt-2/

Don't know anything about them but looks good.

That looks like it would do the job. Would like something a bit smaller though.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »

I need a music player that will accept media other than an iphone.  MP3, SD card or my android phone for instance.

Bluetooth speaker? Wife just bought one which works great

Does this only connect via bluetooth, or can you connect an MP3 player or insert an SD card?

The older I get, the better I was.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »

I need a music player that will accept media other than an iphone.  MP3, SD card or my android phone for instance.

Bluetooth speaker? Wife just bought one which works great

Does this only connect via bluetooth, or can you connect an MP3 player or insert an SD card?

think the wifes is bluetooth only

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »

I'm after a coffee machine, anyone recommendations?

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »

I'm after a coffee machine, anyone recommendations?

I've got a Dolce Gusto and it's the business!

https://www.dolce-gusto.co.uk/EN/machines/circolo/Pages/automatic.aspx

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »

Want to buy a new bike this weekend. Any idea on where to get the best deals? Just looking to get the best spec one I can for around 150.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »

Bought this one in the end. Cracking coffee and the milk frother is great only complaint is that if your cup/mug is cold the heat of the coffee soon disappears. Need to warm the cup/mug up first.

Click to see full-size image.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »

My daughter Alisha turns eleven next week, and I'm thinking of buying her a tablet.
Youngest already has the Nabi kids tablet, which we're pretty impressed with, but I was thinking of getting a grown up version, maybe a Kindle fire? or a Samsung galaxy?
The Nabi does just about everthing she would need, and they are very robust, but you do have override the child settings to do normal internet browsing, and the webcam is tez so Skype isn't great.

Obviously I still need to have parental control but I thought it would be easier to download apps like netflix and such on a 'real' tablet but I don't know if I'd be gaining much.
Don't want to splash out on a Ipad, not a big Apple fan, but I'd appreciate any advice on android.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »

My daughter Alisha turns eleven next week, and I'm thinking of buying her a tablet.
Youngest already has the Nabi kids tablet, which we're pretty impressed with, but I was thinking of getting a grown up version, maybe a Kindle fire? or a Samsung galaxy?
The Nabi does just about everthing she would need, and they are very robust, but you do have override the child settings to do normal internet browsing, and the webcam is tez so Skype isn't great.

Obviously I still need to have parental control but I thought it would be easier to download apps like netflix and such on a 'real' tablet but I don't know if I'd be gaining much.
Don't want to splash out on a Ipad, not a big Apple fan, but I'd appreciate any advice on android.

It's just so hard to make a mistake when buying a Google Nexus 7. Cheaper than the Samsungs, OS is still android so just as slick and build quality is Asus with some pretty good oversight from Google, so it's well built.

Better than the galaxy tabs for graphically intense games, as well.

i got the 32 gb version for £199, but the 16gb version might also suit for £159.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb

GaryM

@PaddyLemon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22:35 PM »

I bought my 10 yr old daughter the Kindle Fire. Although she's really happy with it, the limitation I don't like is that you're restricted to Amazon apps and can't access the Google Play Store as you can with a native Android device. I confess I only found this out when I installed 'Stars Mobile and it only allows you to play free money games. This prompted a bit more research and there are quite a few apps I found aren't available. I read some very good reviews of the Nexus too fwiw.

@PaddyLemon
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »

Thanks Lads, that was the kind of feedback I needed. I was leaning more towards Kindle fire but  I've changed my mind after this.
Will have a better look at the Nexus I think!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:30 PM »

Hmm, had a look at the Nexus and it has good reviews, but so does the Samsung Galaxy!
A 16gb Nexus is £159, but Tesco have the 8gb Galaxy 7 at £149 but it has a micro SD slot so you can take it up to 40gb. Also it seems to have a better camera, front and rear facing 3mp so I'm leaning towards this at the minute, anyone point out any problems with this model?

Dino

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »

You are not restricted to Amazon apps on a Fire,just google how to sideload apps to a  Kindle Fire and you will find plenty of pages telling you how.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

I've been offered a gift up to the value of £500 and can't accept the cash. Only stipulation - it has to be a tech gift.
Any ideas?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »

Do you have to spend it immediately?

Do you have an I pad?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: