blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273471 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Phrases you hate in poker
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Phrases you hate in poker  (Read 22594 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 05:20:02 PM »

Not particularly a poker phrase but tilting for me nonetheless when I hear it at least 3 times per tournament:

"you married yet?"

like I have to explain my marital and childless status to all and sundry.

Apologies...but you know I was only been friendly   Smiley

As pick up lines go it's surely better than 'how do you like your eggs in the morning?'; 'did it hurt when you fell from heaven?'; 'get yer coat you've pulled' and much better than Herbie's #1, which of course you'd never hear 'eeeh you don't sweat much for a fat lass do ya'

Lol @ "when you having kids" being a pickup line.

"So, how about we skip any of the small talk, dating and getting to know each other nonsense and go straight to fornication?"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:23 PM »

Not particularly a poker phrase but tilting for me nonetheless when I hear it at least 3 times per tournament:

"you married yet?"

Now you realise the entire of blonde is gonna give you this rub at the table  Grin
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »

"you married yet?"

Now you realise the entire of blonde is gonna give you this rub at the table  Grin

but Maria you're a woman and clearly not at poker for the mental stimulation.. you must just be one of those 'sharp' baby makers who's realised there is a drastically untapped resource in the poker playing market! Cheesy

also - going to check up on your marital and child status next time for sure.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »

"you married yet?"

Kori, you have to get married before you grow a moustache like your yiayia and none of the good greek boys will want to know.
Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

"you married yet?"

but Maria you're a woman and clearly not at poker for the mental stimulation.. you must just be one of those 'sharp' baby makers who's realised there is a drastically untapped resource in the poker playing market! Cheesy

also - going to check up on your marital and child status next time for sure.

Mis-read.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2012, 09:44:41 PM »

Lovely Fella last night on the £1/£1 cash, he came to the table and said the Phrase about 30 times ......"£60.00 Blind" was sad to see him slip over to the £2/£2 Omaha

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

Lovely Fella last night on the £1/£1 cash, he came to the table and said the Phrase about 30 times ......"£60.00 Blind" was sad to see him slip over to the £2/£2 Omaha

What is there to hate about somebody saying £60 blind in a £1/£1 game?  It would be just like the good old days when we only had to sit down and people threw money at us.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

So staying with the female take, as brought into the mix by Maria Wink

I don't hate anything much, people, phrases or anything but there's plenty of things that press my buttons for a brief period!

When I'm on an all male table and a new guy comes to sit down, puts his chips down, looks round the table, then says "Hiya darlin I'm John, what's your name?" to me only.

Poker's a level playing field at the start right? So why introduce yourself to the one female at the table? And why open the floodgates by calling me "darlin" when I'm going to then verbally destroy you, generally embarrass you and end up with you calling me a lesbian/man-hater/ball breaker or tranny?

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »

Women that congratulate other women when they win a hand or come 90th in a comp by saying, Well done, doing it for the girls! Arghhhh

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »

What is there to hate about somebody saying £60 blind in a £1/£1 game?  It would be just like the good old days when we only had to sit down and people threw money at us.
Just hated him moving tables

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2012, 09:30:41 AM »

(THE WELSH SHEEP SH^^^^R IS HERE )

tilts me every time
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »

So staying with the female take, as brought into the mix by Maria Wink

I don't hate anything much, people, phrases or anything but there's plenty of things that press my buttons for a brief period!

When I'm on an all male table and a new guy comes to sit down, puts his chips down, looks round the table, then says "Hiya darlin I'm John, what's your name?" to me only.

Poker's a level playing field at the start right? So why introduce yourself to the one female at the table? And why open the floodgates by calling me "darlin" when I'm going to then verbally destroy you, generally embarrass you and end up with you calling me a lesbian/man-hater/ball breaker or tranny?

The reverse of that is when a person who considers themself to be of the female gender (as we're being politically correct) is knocked out of a comp and leaves, there's always one idiot who has a comedy mock go at the person who knocked them out: "fancy knocking out the best looking person at the table!"

Usually followed by a quick glance at the dealer. "Best looking player, I mean. Sorry, luv"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »

(THE WELSH SHEEP SH^^^^R IS HERE )

tilts me every time
ha ha. They are only jealous that they ain't getting any Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »

"How can u call there?"

I find this amusing, only because you did exactly this to me but a few weeks gone online! With some choice words thrown in too. Don't worry, I forgive you! I know you get emotional.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »

I was playing a live comp last night when I got asked to move tables. Arrived at my new table and this stunning woman caught my attention straight away. I was having a really enjoyable night and this table move was the cherry on the cake, I felt lucky to have such an attractive new table companion. So trying to play it cool I nervously introduced myself and asked her name as I sat down. Things went a bit blurry after that because she literally went berserk and verbally destroyed me in front of everyone. My face was bright red with embarrassment as she accused me of living in the stone age. The TD came over and thought it best that I moved.

At my new table there was another attractive lady that immediately stood out from the usual crowd of dribbling hairy gorillas. Still breathless from the commotion before I thought it best to play safe and ask about family matters and if she had kids. The safe homely approach you see. Well I can tell you that woman went ape-shit at me saying making such forward remarks made me a pig and I should be ashamed. My head was still spinning when she got knocked out so I tried to lighten the mood by saying shame the best looking player had gone. Well that went down like a lead balloon and all the guys stared at me in silence and a few tutted. Shit night in the end.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: