blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:17:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 248558 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

Forestieri is a really fun player to watch.  He goes past players like they are not even there and works hard for a flair player.

He could be really really special, but there is much work he needs to do.  His finishing is pretty dreadful for starters from what I have seen, but his attitude should give him every chance of making it to the top.  Will proabably end up in La Liga I think, but I am hopeful we can keep him for at least another 2 years before the Pozzos cash in.  That probably necessitates us going up next season though so he can be showcased in the Premier.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »

Yep,  decided they were too big at but by then they had played another match.  Rather than sulk, I just bet anyway.  Also backed them last night, though wasn't much. 

Glad to be of help.

Makes me chuckle about how you rubbished our chances and my claims for how we are doing great and it should continue.

ORLY?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »

Finally your own topic on rants about Palace Smiley Smiley

I said to you a couple of times already I am very surprised with Palace this season. I didn't see that much of them in the transfer market & didn't realise how good Zaha actually is.

On another note very surprised really with a few things in this division and especially how poor the 3 newcomers from the Premier League are, they are nothing to be scared of, we lost to each of them by one goal.

As for going down, don't like to say something is nailed on but Bristol City are doomed, manager is clueless & fans think they are doomed too.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 09:07:06 PM »

Yep,  decided they were too big at but by then they had played another match.  Rather than sulk, I just bet anyway.  Also backed them last night, though wasn't much. 

Glad to be of help.

Makes me chuckle about how you rubbished our chances and my claims for how we are doing great and it should continue.

ORLY?

I may be putting words in your mouth. This is what i am capable of.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »

I said to you a couple of times already I am very surprised with Palace this season. I didn't see that much of them in the transfer market & didn't realise how good Zaha actually is.

On another note very surprised really with a few things in this division and especially how poor the 3 newcomers from the Premier League are, they are nothing to be scared of, we lost to each of them by one goal.

As for going down, don't like to say something is nailed on but Bristol City are doomed, manager is clueless & fans think they are doomed too.

Their form is truly horrendous, losing 6 in a row, wtf is that.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »

How do you perceive your chances this year?

You going to be staying up comfortably. Possibly going to go on an amazing run up the table to push for playoffs when the players a back? I know your manager was in the hat to replace Freedman and i have only heard good things about him. Do enjoy his frank interviews, always comes off well.

Our chances very much depend on the following:
1) Keeping Hill and Flitcroft (I'll feel happier when the Blackpool job gets filled by someone else).
2) Not getting sold out by the short-sightedness of the Board like last season (selling Vaz Te for only £500k in January and subequently only staying up due to Portsmouth's point deduction)
3) Whether a takeover happens or not (our owner has been fantastic but is actively trying to sell due to ill-health and a pending court case).  If it does, then Hill may well choose to walk or might be replaced (idiocy, in my view, but it would probably happen).
4) Avoiding large-scale injuries (although we've been through this already this season and shown that we have better squad depth than in recent seasons).

If we stay up, then I'll be happy.  On our day, as seen by the Birmingham game, we can compete with anyone but we'll struggle to maintain the consistency enough to sustain anything more than ambitions of a mid-table finish.  If Hill is allowed to continue his progress long-term he'll keep developing players from the lower leagues, we'll cash in on them when they move on, and we'll hopefully continue to defy expectations.

His interviews/public persona really splits the fanbase.  Personally, I love the fact that he says it as he sees it, but if you read our fans forum you see very quickly how others use this an excuse to get rid of him.  None of them ever manage to come up with a credible alternative candidate though.  If Hill does go then the popular choice would probably be to go for Steve Davis from Crewe, who's done a good job there on limited resources and was part of the squad who got us promoted to the Premiership.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

Brimingham had 13 shots on target too, could have been a lot worse for them last night, imo.

A few for possible bet at weekend:

Friday:

M'boro 5/6 v Sheff Wed - I can't see much hope for us here. I think 5/6 (might be better elsewhere) is good price, considering our one away win.

Leeds 11/10 v Watford
Millwall 11/10 v Derby
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »

got my ticket for Palace away on 1st December Smiley

Been to the last 3 away days there. Time for revenge on the 3-1 

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »

By the way Ant - unlucky Boro couldn't bink a winner last night - I was rooting for you for a £5k win!

We all were!

Not quite all of us, I did think of you and the Palace bet last night so well done on that one.  Palace continue to surprise, and in this league, consistency is the key.  Up to 10 teams could win this league, and Palace for me, are now 1 of them.

As for our chances, well, an outside chance of nicking a play off place is possible, but before a ball was kicked this season, I would have been happy with 10th.  This season is about integrating all the new signings with a real push next season.

Who's going to win the league?  Before last night I would have said Cardiff, but now retract that.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »

Puzzled, but very pleased by this.  Can't imagine jjandellis is overly thrilled though.

"Blackpool have named Michael Appleton as their new manager after reaching an agreement for his release from Portsmouth."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/8233990/appleton-named-blackpool-boss

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »

Brimingham had 13 shots on target too, could have been a lot worse for them last night, imo.

A few for possible bet at weekend:

Friday:

M'boro 5/6 v Sheff Wed - I can't see much hope for us here. I think 5/6 (might be better elsewhere) is good price, considering our one away win.

Leeds 11/10 v Watford
Millwall 11/10 v Derby

Did a lot of digging and looked at all of the bets above and turned them down. My reasoning was Boro apparently never really got out of the blocks against Forest as they were 'jaded'. They are playing a day early on Friday as well so that adds to it so i am steering clear.

Leeds' home record in the league is pretty woeful of late i believe and Watford seem to be building something now.

Millwall I don't mind the bet at all, but Derby's form has been very good with three wins in 4 so I thought a draw was all too possible so left it, but of the three that is my favourite.

My own bet for the weekend is Palace to beat Peterborough and Charlton draw no bet at a double of around 4.85, ££450 on it.

Think Palace are just showing too much and if we get on top early against them they may assume the position of which has become all too familiar to them this season. I am aware that they won their last two home games pretty convincingly, but in the second half of the Brighton game they let them have 32 shots, and I just think we would eventually breach them. OFC you need to look at their strikeforce at home which is good but we have one of the best defences in the league.

Charlton showed great style in their 5-4 win over Cardiff the other night and have had some tough ties recently which may be masking their true worth. Bristol City on the other hand have just been woeful. As though I am not overly confident Charlton will win I am more confident they won't lose so I think the draw no bet here is good, with a win having a decent chance of happening.

As for Palace as a whole, everyone is surprised by us. Freedman has laid it on a plate for Holloway and if we don't lose our momentum all season I think Holloway would have to thank Freedman for a large part of our success. Freedman got us to a professional standard on and off the pitch with loads of added staff members, a real concentration on fitness and building a solid base at the back for us to spring from with the tricky wingers.

Freedman wasn't really tested in how he would react to adversity once our run hit a bit of a block, where I think Holloway is better placed to deal with that as he is known for his hugely impressive man management skills which would help in a situation like that.

Would like to remind people i got £200 on at 11/1 for Palace promotion and don't care for winning the league, second will do Tongue
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »

How do you perceive your chances this year?

You going to be staying up comfortably. Possibly going to go on an amazing run up the table to push for playoffs when the players a back? I know your manager was in the hat to replace Freedman and i have only heard good things about him. Do enjoy his frank interviews, always comes off well.

Our chances very much depend on the following:
1) Keeping Hill and Flitcroft (I'll feel happier when the Blackpool job gets filled by someone else).
2) Not getting sold out by the short-sightedness of the Board like last season (selling Vaz Te for only £500k in January and subequently only staying up due to Portsmouth's point deduction)
3) Whether a takeover happens or not (our owner has been fantastic but is actively trying to sell due to ill-health and a pending court case).  If it does, then Hill may well choose to walk or might be replaced (idiocy, in my view, but it would probably happen).
4) Avoiding large-scale injuries (although we've been through this already this season and shown that we have better squad depth than in recent seasons).

If we stay up, then I'll be happy.  On our day, as seen by the Birmingham game, we can compete with anyone but we'll struggle to maintain the consistency enough to sustain anything more than ambitions of a mid-table finish.  If Hill is allowed to continue his progress long-term he'll keep developing players from the lower leagues, we'll cash in on them when they move on, and we'll hopefully continue to defy expectations.

His interviews/public persona really splits the fanbase.  Personally, I love the fact that he says it as he sees it, but if you read our fans forum you see very quickly how others use this an excuse to get rid of him.  None of them ever manage to come up with a credible alternative candidate though.  If Hill does go then the popular choice would probably be to go for Steve Davis from Crewe, who's done a good job there on limited resources and was part of the squad who got us promoted to the Premiership.

Interesting. All i heard was good things about how well you guys played in the second half and I hope you guys the best of luck for the rest of the season. I never like seeing managers I like having trouble and I like Keith Hill. On a random note i hate Mark Hughes, comes across as a prick in interviews.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »

got my ticket for Palace away on 1st December Smiley

Been to the last 3 away days there. Time for revenge on the 3-1 

Bring it Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »

By the way Ant - unlucky Boro couldn't bink a winner last night - I was rooting for you for a £5k win!

We all were!

Not quite all of us, I did think of you and the Palace bet last night so well done on that one.  Palace continue to surprise, and in this league, consistency is the key.  Up to 10 teams could win this league, and Palace for me, are now 1 of them.

As for our chances, well, an outside chance of nicking a play off place is possible, but before a ball was kicked this season, I would have been happy with 10th.  This season is about integrating all the new signings with a real push next season.

Who's going to win the league?  Before last night I would have said Cardiff, but now retract that.

I would say Middlesbrough are best poised to win the league and they should be favourites. I would like to add that i think the only reason Palace are in contention is that the relegated teams haven't bonded properly after going down and the other hopefuls just aren't matching previous years' standards for top of the table sides.

That is my view, as i don't see how we can possibly be seen as the best team in the league currently when we don't do much special. We are just a solid workmanlike team, with two tricky wingers.

If Cardiff, Blackburn, Wolves, Bolton or any other big side jelled a lot better than they already have, then we wouldn't be in with a shout.

Would you guys agree that the standard for teams at the top of the table have dropped a little? Or are Palace currently making things look easy because we are superior? I bloody doubt the latter.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 11:37:42 PM »

Puzzled, but very pleased by this.  Can't imagine jjandellis is overly thrilled though.

"Blackpool have named Michael Appleton as their new manager after reaching an agreement for his release from Portsmouth."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/2/8233990/appleton-named-blackpool-boss

Used to just damage limitation management by the looks of things. I would hope though that he does well at Blackpool, because he seems a good manager.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: