blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 12:58:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272983 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 254760 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:49 PM »

Isn't ince an out and out striker though?!
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 23, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »

No.  Ince plays wide right of a 3 usually, they stick a log up top like Taylor-Fletch, who is a reasonbale clever if immobile CF, then have the wide pair pushing with licence to drift infield.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 23, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »

Erm no.

Zaha played upfront for Palace last season some of the time, which makes the facts even more in Thomas's favour.

Still can't understand how Zaha is worth double.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »

Apparently Ince has had the most shots in the league out of anyone, which I suprised about given that he doesn't play right up top.

I think I'd rather have Ince as well in my team at the moment.  Maybe Zaha has more potential to improve significantly in the scouts' eyes?
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 23, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »

Apparently Ince has had the most shots in the league out of anyone, which I suprised about given that he doesn't play right up top.

Eagles - 115 shots
Ince - 82 shots
Zaha - 47 shots

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »

Eagles!?

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 23, 2013, 03:51:36 PM »

Yep, he has five against us all from 30 yards out!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalShooting/0,,10794~20127,00.html

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2013, 05:00:36 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Annualised form over last 8 games onto current points total.

Watford second  thumbs up

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Annualised form over last 8 games onto current points total.

Watford second  thumbs up

Did it take long to find the sort option on that to set it to 'apparently random'?

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

Got my online banking ready for you Aaron Sad

lol, has it been sorted?

I just read an article on Zaha and Manchester United saying deal is almost certain!

I'll let you buy out early if you want Smiley

The bet we had was Zaha being sold in January and a void bet if he wasn't. There is a grey area in that say if it becomes a pre arranged deal whereby the deal actually goes down in the summer, and they have only agreed to it in principal in January, with Zaha remaining at Palace, he would technically be a Palace player with no sale. Meaning if Zaha was to get injured and had to retire in February while playing for us, Man United would actually just pull out of the deal with no money lost, as any commitment from them was only in the summer. If this is the case I think it is a void bet. But this is really up for debate, I am not trying to pussy out here, I want to discuss it, I always pay up on bets with no fuss when i lose, but this is a terms issue. I had no idea any of this malarkey would go down.

However, if money exchanges hands from the January sale and Zaha becomes a Man United player but is only loaned back to us that is a different story and you win the bet.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »

Erm no.

Zaha played upfront for Palace last season some of the time, which makes the facts even more in Thomas's favour.

Still can't understand how Zaha is worth double.

His finishing and final ball still leave something to be desired tbh. He creates a lot of chances and of them they are golden opportunities, mostly, where if you see the shooting stats of Eagles i doubt too many of those 115 shots were 1 on 1's or a clear goal scoring opportunity.

He generally is a little pants with finishing and his final ball when passing, he is alright though at the moment, and it is clear with how much he is improving, he will both be a clinical finisher and clinical with his deliveries, eventually.

What he has, and why he is valued so much higher than Ince is on the qualities that rarely come in a player and that is the sheer ease of which he can get past a player one on one and make them look silly, creating space and linking someone else in to create something with (maybe a reason for the low assists tally), but this time they have so much more space. You saw him at the Amex but have blamed your defender in not being very good. You remember the ease of which he danced through a lot of your back line to score?

He can dance as well as any winger I have seen and I see a lot of the early Christiano Ronaldo in Zaha. They have what i believe to be similar abilities in getting past players. What Man U did for Ronaldo I think they could do for Zaha in bringing him from a rough diamond into one of the best players in the world. I just remember Ronaldo in the fa cup final against Millwall when he had only just started at Man U and he was taking the piss out of that Championship backline with ease. That is what Zaha is doing, most weekends now.

Ferguson will kick him on to become a great imo.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 23, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/wilfried-zaha-manchester-united
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »

Great deal for Palarse that.

Lol @ comparison to Ronaldo.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »

£19m or below won't be accepted imo.

I say the £25m mark is hasty yes, but I don't think the Chairmen would accept it, but obviously i doubt that the offer would be that high. I think the Palace chairmen have been way too chirpy about not accepting any bid below £20m to then actually go ahead and accept less. They have been quoted as saying they won't accept anything less, if they were looking to sell they may not be so bullish about all this but I don't know. I may have my Palace goggles on but I really can't see him going, with the contract we have with him!

If they turn down £10m i would be shocked.

xx

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »

yup. It is sort of £13m though, apparently the appearances add on isn't too hard to breach and is sort of in case he gets injured, the extra £2m is for England call ups and trophies won, so is much more speculative.

His performances waned completely ever since the England call up and I don't think the board were as confident of how good he is because of it. So they were definitely not as confident holding out for £20m, and effectively were sold a dummy (as was I) with how good he was pre England to how he was post. I think the only reason he hasn't been playing so well was he was mentally affected by not having the future he wanted, secure (head turned in the England camp, show off bastards! Smiley). Now he has that, and I really hope he gives it his all in Palace colours before he heads off in the summer.

I want Zaha of pre England call up playing for us again and if so then we are a huge threat and will be snapping at the heels of whoever is second.

Some numbers to digest about Palace:

Pre England Call up ---- 13 games  won 10 drew 3 Lost 0

Post England call up ---- 12 games won 3 drawn 7 lost two

If he played at the same standard he showed before the call up in the lead up to this transfer he would have gone for £17m+, as we would probably be second in the league and the Chairmen would probably be gambling for the prem with his services intact and wait on the summer.

At the moment, the board have seen his crazy dip in form, are a little scared he may not rise to the same heights and want to lock in a guaranteed profit AND/OR Zaha wants to go and no-one wants a dead weight in the side, because he's playing not fully there in the head.

2 games into his spell as a Man U player but loaned back to us are going to be massive to see if we have Zaha of old playing for us. A happy Zaha. If so, God help the rest of you having to listen to me on here.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: