blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Confidence at an all time low so playing badly and clueless.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Confidence at an all time low so playing badly and clueless.  (Read 58464 times)
Foxy-86

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »

Taken me a few days but just finished reading the lot, great post and some thought provoking replies... Lots to digest and think about, think I just about get it though!  I don't claim to be a good player, just enjoy the game but this year has been tough, far too many times am I getting it in good and not holding... Which can be sole destroying especially when I rarely get it in behind (and don't win those either) been that bad that I've not been taking the beats well... So if nothing else reading this lot had helped me understand the game a bit more and maybe I'll approach the next game with a bit more confidence and who knows... Might bink one!

I remember how totally gutted I was to exit a DTD £300 in 10th back in 2010, just devastated...  My over riding feeling was that it would be some time before I would run that good again (kidding myself that I'd played well because I was running good). I knew that making it that deep had almost nothing to do with skill (just one spot of pure genius on my part which went the right way - so maybe even that was luck Smiley) although making a grand was very nice, knowing I would probably never run that good again and had missed out on maybe a £15k bink made me feel sick.... 

So at the next game, I'm going to remember to bring my confidence, A game and Lady Luck, and if if I get called by a hand I've got crushed and lose,  take it graciously, exit the building, sit in my car and swear to my hearts content...  Gl all x x

The best there is at getting it in ahead on my exit hand
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2012, 02:48:04 PM »

Making a living from poker is ludicrously hard and if you're fundamentally lacking (there's stuff that you literally HAVE to be aware off and grasp as a pro player imo) and haven't been very lucky at some point you're kind of doomed.

It's not about being the best player though, poker is unique that the best players don't make the most money, its about finding a game/style/format you can win in and winning in it, sounds simple but it's the reason why people who aren't particually good or talented players can make a good living from the game.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

It's not about being the best player though, poker is unique that the best players don't make the most money, its about finding a game/style/format you can win in and winning in it, sounds simple but it's the reason why people who aren't particually good or talented players can make a good living from the game.

This x 10000000

Basically you have just described me.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »

This x 10000000

arse off though with the level of work you've put in you don't fall into the "utter wank but grind it at some random level/game" status.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2012, 03:11:25 PM »

This x 10000000

arse off though with the level of work you've put in you don't fall into the "utter wank but grind it at some random level/game" status.

You are right, I am not 'utter wank'. But I do fall into the 'people who aren't particularly good or talented players' category. If I had started playing poker when I was in my early 20s (when my mind was still very sharp and I was a dynamic young dude) then perhaps I might have had some real talent at poker. But as it stands I have much less natural card-playing ability than most of you guys. But, as you say, I have worked VERY hard at poker. I have done this to make up for my lack of talent.

The one thing that I am quite good at though is knowing how to win at poker. And knowing how to be professional in what I do. This is a completely different skillset/talent from playing your cards well.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:12:14 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »

So many people who make money at poker are moronic. Let alone do they put any work in.

Stop trying to make out you no hard worky or good! It's all relative.

Hope the better half recovers well Jase, and that she connects next time.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »

Stop trying to make out you no hard worky...

Dude, I have worked RIDICULOUSLY hard at poker. If you knew how hard I have worked you would be shocked that I am such a mediocre player!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:06:39 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »

lol ok isildur. if you could just get the tilt and playing ivey/durr/antonius at the same time out of your game Tongue
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »

Gonna shoot down to Dtd and late reg (not a fan of late reg tbh) for their comp all being well. Mate keeps falling a sleep at the wheel so needs a wingman and Catherine has given me a pass out.
 1. Cut down talking bollocks.
2. Wearing shoes not trainers.
3. Gonna go before I leave.
4. Be like losing a friend not hendonmobing
5. Only use phone 5 mins every hour will be easy.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2012, 04:51:36 PM »

#hero

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »

Really enjoyed this thread!

Gl Herbie!!

Ship It!
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »

this has been such an incredible thread, would just love it to include a bink for Herbie. GL Jase.... bring it home!
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »

also, expecting a detailed trip report on your return!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »

also, expecting a detailed trip report on your return!

+1  be shocked if herbie doesn't win!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

Herbie has arrived at my table at DTD.

I shall duly grass him up if he breaks any of his promises.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: