blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Vegas tournie line check
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas tournie line check  (Read 829 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:43 AM »

Just wanted to get opinions on this tournament hand – I felt fine about it at the time, but after a night’s sleep I am starting to think it is perhaps reckless and stupid.

The event is the $25k guaranteed Saturday tournament at the Wynn in Vegas.  90 runners, with a 10k starting stack and $7k to the winner paying down to $700 for 10th spot.

We have moved tables a lot, so not a lot in way of image either for us or opponents.  There are 16 players left.  There are two really good Norwegians, one of whom has direct position on me and we have played all day.  Apart from that I would say I am probably above average for the field as there are a lot of older very tight players.

My chip stack is at 110k and we are in the top 6/7 chip stacks as my Norwegian buddy has a monster 250k stack.

Anyhow – UTG raises to 8k at 800/1600 with a 200 ante. He is about 55 years old, with a 200k stack.  I have no reads.  He is called by UTG +1 who has about 40k (which seems a pretty terrible move).  I am on the button and find AQ.  I shove 110k to try and pick up the 20k in the middle.

UTG thinks for ages and unhappily reshoves with KK.

Spew?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:32 AM »

Sorry I should add that players were allowed to add on 5k after 6 levels and some players had mutliple re-entries so there are more chips in play than seems from my first post.  I think Wynn had to put in $3k or so to make the guarantee.
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:29:20 AM »

I fold to the 5x raise pre flop.

I think your shove is very spewy. I mean, what were you hoping to achieve? A fold from ak seems unlikely as does a call from aj.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

When a more conservative or tighter opponent opens to 4 or 5 xBB in early position when fairly deep in a tourney it's nearly always QQ+.  Their thinking is 'I don't want to be outplayed down the streets and have to fold my big pair' or 'there's loads of people behind me so I just want one in so let's make it big.'  I really don't like the shove here but I can understand why you did it, done it myself and felt like a plonker after.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »

I'm afraid this is huge spew. 55 year old villain 5x's it UTG deep in a tournament. I mean it's a FML spot with QQ or AKs with no reads.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »

hate the shove. imo this guy always has AA or KK from what ive seen these old american boys do
sigh fold .
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

Answered the question in your OP.
Old/locals in Vegas 5x UTG always states massive hand, very easy fold here imo
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »

I'm afraid this is huge spew. 55 year old villain 5x's it UTG deep in a tournament. I mean it's a FML spot with QQ or AKs with no reads.

Ding

+1
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

yh HATING life with QQ here

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: