blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:12:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Top restaurants in London for £25 pp?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top restaurants in London for £25 pp?  (Read 2324 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »

In London for a week next week with work. Unfortunately the company I work for won't let us go OTT on the eating out costs. So am looking for any suggestions you have on deals for top restaurants for that price, I'm happy to go with pre-theatre menu's and stuff like that if it means we can eat at some top joints for our £25 pp.

So far I've spotted that Hawksmoor do a pre-theatre dinner for £22 pp.

Any other suggestions please to eat in the best possible places for that price please?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:14:23 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »

Chez Bruce is £27.50 for lunch if you can do the extra.   It is a bit out of the centre. Just pay yourself if they won't pay, the place is the best.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »

Chez Bruce is £27.50 for lunch if you can do the extra.   It is a bit out of the centre. Just pay yourself if they won't pay, the place is the best.

Can't do lunch only after 5pm, but will check out their website, cheers.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:13 AM »

I'm not chav enough to get in I'm afraid.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »

How is nandos Chavvy?

fwiw I dont like nandos and rarely go there

Just me
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »

How is nandos Chavvy?

fwiw I dont like nandos and rarely go there

Sorry we're only discussing decent eating places here  Tongue
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »

Lemonia at Primrose Hill if you want to go Greek. May be out of your way though.

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »

Lemonia at Primrose Hill if you want to go Greek. May be out of your way though.

Yeah probs a touch out the way,  ty anyway.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »

Funnily enough I walked past Lemonia the other day, not a part of London I usually find myself in and I had never heard of it.  The menu did look very good, I certainly marked it up on the list of places to try soon.  There were a lot of specials and it was clearly very popular with the locals.  Several tubes within comfortable walking distance or a nice walk thru Regents park back into town afterwards.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

Funnily enough I walked past Lemonia the other day, not a part of London I usually find myself in and I had never heard of it.  The menu did look very good, I certainly marked it up on the list of places to try soon.  There were a lot of specials and it was clearly very popular with the locals.  Several tubes within comfortable walking distance or a nice walk thru Regents park back into town afterwards.

IMO I would say it's the best Greek restaurant in London. I always go there when I'm in London.

Ah! The element of surprise
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »

Here's a few that will stretch the budget a little bit, but worth a couple of pounds extra imo.. No idea what food you like, so here is a wide a mix as possible:

The Ivy does a set menu 3 course for £26.75 (obv drinks extra) and they were doing a late night Sirloin Steak +chips + glass of wine for £20 but I can no longer see that on their website.

Cafe Spice for some tremendous grub, not your standard ruby, you would have to keep an eye on what you ordered to stay close to budget.

Saltyard  for incredible tapas.  Really nice, not your plastic chain tapas, 3-4 dishes pp on budget (wine on top)

Floriditas - could either do decent hamburger/tapas in the bar + couple of drinks, or go a la carte downstairs and keep an eye on the prices...

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

Went to Relaise de Venice the other day in the City, just serves starters of salad with chopped walnuts and a vinaigrette, then main is steak (medium or rare) with chips and a sauce. Tis awesome. They bring the meat in two helpings so it's always hot and freshly cooked as are the chips. bam.

Lemonia i've only been to once but thought the food was really nice, it was rammed.

I'm also a big fan of Siam Central on Charlotte street just behind Oxford street/Goodge street. (thai).

If not Charlotte street should deffo have something for you, so many restaurants in one place.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »

Cheers Lads, will check them out.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 01:09:51 AM »

IMO I would say it's the best Greek restaurant in London. I always go there when I'm in London.

I ate there a year or so back had veal cutlet for mains, it was very nice indeed.

Good atmosphere and service too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: