blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 112610 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »

Any financial prize? Or at least a chocolate? Anything so Claypole can avoid the dreaded text Smiley

Yup, you get a free hour of coaching from me, "Punting the tikay way".

You are very welcome. 

PS - Congrats Mr S, been some year for you, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »

We taking the over on last year's 50 pages?

OVER

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »

OVER

Roger

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »

Congrats on a great year Dubai, glgl in 2013.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

OVER

agreed!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

god i love that man.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »

Congrats on a great year Dubai, glgl in 2013.

all the best for this year too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »

Congratulations Dubai
Any 74 bird Xmas dinners this year ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Clearance Clarence....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »

behind door number 2....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »

behind door number 2....

Tension is unbearable!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

It started out as a bit of a light-hearted suggestion, but it quickly grew into something that was definitely going to happen.  A group of blondes, some who had never run before, decided they were going to run the Berlin Marathon.

The two definites were kinboshi and gatso.  We all know kinboshi has been running for quite a few years now and he's bored us with his tales of previous marathons and running endeavours in the past (almost as much as he's bored us with tales of his poker tournament victories, and disdain for homeopathy, the Catholic Church, Stewart Downing and Internet Explorer) but the idea of gatso running surprised a few who hadn't seen him for a year or so.  I think it's fair to say that those who've met gatso at the poker table or at blonde Bashes over the years wouldn't have thought that he cut the figure of the typical runner.  Here he was at blonde Bash 8:
However, since then gatso has become a very dedicated runner who not only now looks the part, but now manages to clock times for 10K, half-marathon and marathons that are the envy of most club runners.  He still needs a haircut though.

Joining gatso and kinboshi was enigmatically nick-named StuartHopkin (otherwise known to his friends as Stuart Hopkin).  This raised a few eyebrows, as Stuart had previously only ever been seen to move at anything approaching a jog when last orders was called at the bar.  This is a man known for his marathon drinking session, usually involving copious amounts of Guinness rather than his fondness for Lucozade Sport and energy gels.

Click to see full-size image.

Anyway, despite the ribbing from the doubters he was stoic: "I've never failed at anything bud".

Joining StuartHopkin (aka Stuart Hopkin) was another n00b, and the token bird on the team - Claw75.  Again, not known for her athleticism, it's probably fair to say that Claire has spent more hours near a bar than she has pounding the pavements of Ruislip in training. 

Here she is doing an activity she's more renowned for:

There were the doubters, but Claire was determined to do it - and so embarked on her training (well, she drew up a plan).

There was one more member of this crack-unit. Again, a surprise to many probably most of all to himself: BAM (aka Brian Martin or Mr Happy):

(we've spared you the APAT trophy photo, which is probably best for all).

So that was the 'team' and with a good year to prepare there was really no excuse for anyone not to be ready for the marathon that took place on 30 September.  Well, apart from injuries, illness and general laziness.

We followed their exploits here:  http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=55453.0

All that aside, they all got out there (Brian managed to do his longest training run during the week before the run - not sure that's in the manual) and everyone completed all of the 26 miles and 385 yards of the course.  It truly shows that if you want to do something, such as run a marathon, then if these bunch of reprobates can manage it - so can you.

Click to see full-size image.

Now where are my running shoes...

editors note: I would like to thank Kinboshi, God and the inventor of Lycra non rub running support shorts for their contribution to this article

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »

Astounding achievement by all and a well-deserved place in the advent calendar.

I do see it as more of a missed betting opportunity though, can you imagine what odds could we have got this time last year?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 02:59:07 AM »

Much missed contributors to blonde in that group, I hope they come back.

Dubai is obv a legend, the Honeybadger thread was nearly " who can you trust if you can't trust dubai" moment until the twist for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: