blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273096 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reluctant update
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reluctant update  (Read 9809 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »

I have 1gb.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2012, 10:56:28 PM »

Another question.

Should I be running an anti-virus programme on my mobile?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2012, 11:16:53 PM »

Google Drive is an alternative to Dropbox. Think it's 5gb free of charge, and then you can pay for more.

With Drive (and Dropbox I'd assume) you can tell it not to sync unless you're on wifi, so as not to eat into your allowance.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:23:33 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »

Google Drive is an alternative to Dropbox. Think it's 5gb free of charge, and then you can pay for more.

With Drive (and Dropbox I'd assume) you can tell it not to sync unless you're on wifi, so as not to eat into your allowance.

Yeah, and what if google go bust?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2012, 12:54:51 AM »

Yeah, and what if google go bust?

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »

I'm trying to understand how email syncing works. (I have a Galaxy S3 but I assume it's the same for all smart phones)

I have my email accounts set to sync, and I have told it how often I want it to happen, but it doesn't sync automatically unless I also enable 'Sync' in the main settings menu.

The thing is, if I enable sync in the main settings menu it seems to sync everything all the time, i.e. calanders, notes, online photo albums (picasa).

Is there a way to just sync my email and leave the other stuff until I'm ready to sync it or is it sync one sync all?

If it is sync one sync all, how often does it sync, and what's the point of setting up sync frequency for my email accounts.

Lol. I hope this make sense. It's terribly difficult to communicate this stuff when you don't know what your talking about.

PS- Sync. (Just in case I haven't said it enough already.)

PPS- Yes I've tried turning it off and on.

PPPS- No advice from tikay please. Give the others a chance.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:13:33 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »

What?

Then by denying my input, you shall be the architect of your sync downfall.

My advice would have been priceless.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2013, 11:23:53 AM »

Tom, when you go into the sync settings for an account you can choose what you want to sync. I'll post a screenshot.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Do you see a similar thing under: Settings > Accounts > Google > youremail@gmail.com ?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »

That's Fantastic! Thanks Boshi. I'm amazed you knew what I was on about.

I don't use my Gmail account, does it need to be synced in order for other accounts to sync?

I have a 'Sync internet' option, what's that for, can I uncheck it?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »

This next problem is much more difficult to explain but here goes...

Downloading photographs.

When I connect my phone to my laptop with a USB cable it gives me two connection options. These are:

Media device (MTP)

Camera (PTP)

If I connect as a Media (MTP) device I can go to: My Computer > GT-I9300 > Phone > DCIM >Camera and there I can see icons for my photographs. The problem is, I can only see them as icons not thumbnails, even when I select the 'Show as thumbnails' option.

As I understand it, this is normal when connecting as a media device, but it's a pain in the arse when you have to click on every icon before you can see what it is.

If I connect as a camera (PTP) I get the option of downloading pictures using Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizzard. If I do that it says it has found 770 pictures, (although there are only about 50 in the camera folder).

I also get the option of using Picasa 3 to download the pictures. This works perfectly. It allows me to see the pictures as thumbnails and then select the ones I want to download. The trouble is, it's fine the first few time I connect, then, like the Microsoft Wizzard it finds 770 pictures and crashes. It wont work again until delete all the pictures from the phone.

What's more, deleting them by pressing the 'Delete all' button in the phones picture gallery won't do. I have to go to: My Computer > GT19300 > Camera tasks > Delete all pictures on camera.

Love,
Tom.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »

That's Fantastic! Thanks Boshi. I'm amazed you knew what I was on about.

I don't use my Gmail account, does it need to be synced in order for other accounts to sync?

I have a 'Sync internet' option, what's that for, can I uncheck it?

You don't need to sync your Google accounts if you're syncing a different account.  What account are you syncing?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2013, 02:52:43 PM »

Downloading photographs.

When I connect my phone to my laptop with a USB cable it gives me two connection options. These are:

Media device (MTP)

Camera (PTP)

If I connect as a Media (MTP) device I can go to: My Computer > GT-I9300 > Phone > DCIM >Camera and there I can see icons for my photographs. The problem is, I can only see them as icons not thumbnails, even when I select the 'Show as thumbnails' option.

As I understand it, this is normal when connecting as a media device, but it's a pain in the arse when you have to click on every icon before you can see what it is.

If I connect as a camera (PTP) I get the option of downloading pictures using Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizzard. If I do that it says it has found 770 pictures, (although there are only about 50 in the camera folder).

I also get the option of using Picasa 3 to download the pictures. This works perfectly. It allows me to see the pictures as thumbnails and then select the ones I want to download. The trouble is, it's fine the first few time I connect, then, like the Microsoft Wizzard it finds 770 pictures and crashes. It wont work again until delete all the pictures from the phone.

What's more, deleting them by pressing the 'Delete all' button in the phones picture gallery won't do. I have to go to: My Computer > GT19300 > Camera tasks > Delete all pictures on camera.

Love,
Tom.

This sounds like a pain, and it appears to be a problem with the SIII and Windows.

Maybe the best solution is to copy all the photos from the folder on your phone to the Windows folder (skipping the ones that are already there), and then browsing them on a folder in Windows rather than on your phone.

Then you can keep the photos you want on your phone (and could even move them into a 'keep' folder, so you aren't trying to download these each time you connect to your PC), and delete the rest.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »

Downloading photographs.

Media device (MTP)

Camera (PTP)

Love,
Tom.

This sounds like a pain, and it appears to be a problem with the SIII and Windows.

Maybe the best solution is to copy all the photos from the folder on your phone to the Windows folder (skipping the ones that are already there), and then browsing them on a folder in Windows rather than on your phone.

Then you can keep the photos you want on your phone (and could even move them into a 'keep' folder, so you aren't trying to download these each time you connect to your PC), and delete the rest.

If I copy all the files from the phone into a Windows (My Pictures) folder, I seem to have to reject duplicates one at a time.

There is a 'Yes to all' (replace existing file) button, but strangely, not a 'No to all'.

Also, do you have any idea where Picaso & Camera Wizzard are finding 770 images?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

How are you copying them over, just 'drag and dropping' them?  I would have thought there'd be a way to skip all that are identical (same size, filename and date modified).

How many images are you talking about?  If it's only 50 - then copy them all over into a 'dump' folder, and then copy from there into the final destination.  That might not be too much of a hassle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: