blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:20:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NEXT year's Advent Calendar.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEXT year's Advent Calendar.  (Read 43106 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

maybe someone like Claypole?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2012, 01:51:49 PM »

Nah skolsuper I didn't think you were smaller than me as you looked pretty tall, it was more the stick arms. But yeah just like you see people weaker than you on PHA and throw your weight around I wanted to see how you'd like a taste of your own medicine. And even then it was on the proviso that you bullied me first. Like I said before you don't give any explanations yourself and as always you validate my points by not explaining why you flipped your shit or why you have landed here to bring this up. Incidentally I agree it wasn't honourable but that is ok because my motive wasn't to be honourable.

Anyway, the PHA thread is there for people to read and judge for themselves who flipped their shit and who was honourable, more views the better imo

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »

I've met mantis & keys. A fight would be pretty awesome. Would need Karl Mahrenholz to ref it tho.
ffs so mantis is tall. Does he not work in a gym too or is that someone else? I have to say other than a couple of incidents I have been involved in I don't think I have ever seen it kick off at Dtd.... Oh beside a couple of times with Ronaldo were I jumped up to hold his iPad and the time were Frankie got the hump with some guy and wanted Sinclair to smack him and throw him out. Smiley

Yeah Herb 6ft3" and got a black belt in TKD some years back. But they teach you to only use the aggro skils in defence so feel reluctant to attack first out of respect. What I want to know is if I was in DTD and skolsuper tried to attack me out of frustration at constantly getting bashed up on the forum would you let it happen? Please tell me you wouldn't let it happen!!

You were the one who flipped your shit and threatened violence over words on a forum.

You flipped your shit before I flipped my shit. In fact I only flipped my shit in response to you flipping your shit.

Anybody who wants to see skolsuper flipping his shit can read about it in the most commercially successful PHA thread on Blonde - http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=49024.0.

However, I think people should read this post from a few years ago to understand why I flipped my shit - http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg651333#msg651333

In my mind skolsuper is The Colonel, in fact there are a lot of Colonels on PHA. It's very easy to be condescending and make others feel uncomfortable when you have ability.....and it is very immature as well. I see novice players made to feel uncomfortable all the time on that board. So my job on there was to try and make experienced players feel uncomfortable instead. You will notice I have never slated novice players on that board and generally try to advise or encourage them, I only tangle with the big boys. I vaguely remember being on aaron's side in the AJ thread even though I confess I didn't actually read his posts. I just thought why do people need to prove something to this one individual?

So James, I wondered what area in life you aren't that skilled in. After taking a look at your photo I thought well it don't look like skolsuper hits the gym on a regular basis. Hmmm fighting is probably not a great skill set for him. Now I'm not violent at all but do have some fighting skills, hence because I am better than you in this area I figured I would try and turn the tables and make you feel uncomfortable. And I think I did a good job about it too considering you are still stewing this over many years down the track. If you landed on PHA and passed on your skills to amateur players in a holistic coaching manner I would have boundless respect for you. As it is I think you are typical Colonel material.

So there is my motivation and explanation as to why I flipped my shit. Would you care to explain why you flipped your shit? And why you keep appearing in my thread bringing this up? I would suggest if that is all you have on me after many years as a member of Blonde I can't really be the ridiculous human being you suggest.

There is one person on that board who offers his advice with enthusiasm and patience and it is a joy to behold

Todays award in the category PHA coach of the Year goes to SuuPRlim

How noble of you.  BTW, while your making "experienced players feel uncomfortable" theyre deciding its not worth their time and effort to post on PHA if theyre going to get that kind of reaction.  So thanks for chasing away the very guys that make PHA "commercially attractive".  The AJ thread, since it has been mentioned, has also chased away guys who were valuable to the board.  WP to all involved

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »

Pretty annoyed that I'm unable to think of a suitable way to crowbar "flip your shit" into one of my posts...

Please can you ensure that you credit the right poster for the term 'flip your shit'. A new reader may think it's a MANTIC when it's clearly an Skolsuperism.

No need to get bogged down in some mantics.

top punning.

All the tantrums, fights, sulks, abuse and threats of violence that came out of the advent calendar were worth it for Tal's post.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »

Well Boba there’s a common expression with media that today’s news is tomorrow’s fish and chip wrapper. News is relevant for about one day and then it’s finished.

The incident you’re talking about happened about 3 years ago. So how relevant to today do you think your point is?

Back then when Blonde had the cardroom it wasn’t immediately apparent to me that the forum was in any kind of financial jeopardy. In more recent times this issue has become more obvious through various discussions on different threads and as such I have changed my posting behaviour accordingly. Commercial implications have become more of an issue to me and as such I have changed my PHA behaviour and how I conduct myself as a member.

I am quite certain you wont find any aggro posts from me on PHA over the last few years. So if it was 3 years ago or that was my current PHA behaviour you would have a strong point. As it is your point is pretty much irrelevant, however it is a good attempt.

That said if experienced professionals are put off from posting because of what I said 3 years ago I figure they should try and toughen up a bit.

I have one more award for tomorrow, I will just post it and say nothing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

Well Boba there’s a common expression with media that today’s news is tomorrow’s fish and chip wrapper. News is relevant for about one day and then it’s finished.

The incident you’re talking about happened about 3 years ago. So how relevant to today do you think your point is?

Back then when Blonde had the cardroom it wasn’t immediately apparent to me that the forum was in any kind of financial jeopardy. In more recent times this issue has become more obvious through various discussions on different threads and as such I have changed my posting behaviour accordingly. Commercial implications have become more of an issue to me and as such I have changed my PHA behaviour and how I conduct myself as a member.

I am quite certain you wont find any aggro posts from me on PHA over the last few years. So if it was 3 years ago or that was my current PHA behaviour you would have a strong point. As it is your point is pretty much irrelevant, however it is a good attempt.

That said if experienced professionals are put off from posting because of what I said 3 years ago I figure they should try and toughen up a bit.

I have one more award for tomorrow, I will just post it and say nothing.

You grinched the Advent thread and somehow luckboxed some kind of kudos out of it. My guess is the Mods just gave up since your supercilious, talking down to people style is the last thing anyone needs in the runup to Xmas. Well played sir. Now GTFO with your self aggrandising bullshit & give the rest of the forum a break. You totally wasted the Advent thread & to see your self-congratulatory smugfest is vomit inducing.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »

I would have thought it would be Alex, I think he would be disappointed if not.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »

I would have thought it would be Alex, I think he would be disappointed if not.

Haha, no definitely not. I really doubt it will be, not really done much to warrant it this year. Loads more people more deserving than me.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »

I don't know what the discussion is about, I think PHA is a much friendlier place now than it was 3 years ago.  

If that was down to Mantis, then we should be congratulating him, and not chastising him.

Merry Christmas all and sys.rnd.7=error Boba

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

Yes the list is down to me

Oh ok Rich I didn't realise they were your own personal choices. My own personal choice would be a thread where candidates are nominated by members and voted for by members which I think would be a much more interactive, democratic and neutral affair than you selecting personal choices. For example I don't think BBC Sports Personality of the Year would be as popular if Gary Lineker just chose the winner himself. It is fair to say your personal choices will be made up largely of DTD players who you interact with and so will by it's nature be biased.

Members using words like humbled, embarrassed, honoured etc because Rich chose you as a personal favourite seems less appropriate than if a raft of your fellow members and peers voted. Hope people don't think I'm pissing on anyone's bonfire or that I'm muchly concerned if I'm one of Rich's personal forum favourites. Lord knows I'm not the most popular poster so wouldn't personally benefit from such a system. Just flying my flag for interaction and democracy and would like the chance to vote for my own personal choices. Think it would improve this aspect of the forum and it would be fun for members.

Happy Xmas Blonde.

Jeez really? If you really wanted to included in a blonde advent calendar to mark it off as a life achievement you could always just do your own next year Wink
Who cares if rich chose tem himself or not, it's only abit of fun. Lighten up abit.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »

WInning regs dont post on PHA because you have people stating things objectively and stubborn people who reiterate the same thing and the whole process becomes tiresome and annoying. Players who a lot of people would like to learn from are just swapping HH's on skype now
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »

WInning regs dont post on PHA

In all seriousness though, I am considering my stance on that board and others a lot at the moment.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »

In all seriousness though, I am considering my stance on that board and others a lot at the moment.
your contributions are always excellent and appreciated. Hope you continue to post next year.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »

If winning regs with a natural instinct to assist others decide to withdraw their input as a result of the obstinate few, it says more about the former than the latter.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »

Surprised the Sicilian didn't make the cut. He's been busy so posted much less this year, saving the punting threads a fair bit.

Agree with others that pleno & mantis woulda been good additions this year - probs scrape in next year I'd guess

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: