blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 12:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272982 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD New Year Special £150,000 GTD Deepstack: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD New Year Special £150,000 GTD Deepstack: Day 2  (Read 80631 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 06, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »

while we are waiting for final - anyone have any suggestions on how we avoid late finishes like this in future, options are;

1. cap runners at the GTE ie. 500 max for £150K, turn people away above the 500
2. 12pm starts day 1 and day 2
3. take out 4-5 levels
4. reduce 40 min clock to 35 mins
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob
number 1. Has to be a joke??? Do a million £ in overlay then when you get a comp that exceeds the gtd prize you want to limit to the number of runners to just meet the prize.

People love the club as the numbers show this month. I prefer any one of the other 4 suggestions before capping fields.

Any way tighty gets 28 days rest till the next one. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »

while we are waiting for final - anyone have any suggestions on how we avoid late finishes like this in future, options are;

3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

The structure for this comp has been fantastic. I'd love to see the 30k and 40 minutes stay for day 1 but possibly not specify the day 2 clock/structure until you know how many total chips are in play.

When you've got your total number of chips just set the clock or remove a few levels so that it'll be finished for whatever time you desire.

The problem with setting anything in stone is that you'll never be sure. Until you know your number of runners you can't possibly begin to accurately set a finish time.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:52 PM »

Only if you stop posting on the forum for those 28 days Mr High Maintenance drama queen

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »

3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

Three day tourney over 500 runners.

Final table on day three.

I hate the Monday final table especially for a Monthly tournament leaves the people who work in a horrible spot, cannot book every monday off just in case!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »

Only if you stop posting on the forum for those 28 days Mr High Maintenance drama queen
Smiley I'll take my handbag n flounce off then

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
c4ught

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »

What time do people expect/want a comp like this to finish? Is this month not an exceptional month or is everyone everyone expecting 700+ runners every deepstack!

What kind of time do you "expect" a deepstack to be finishing Tighty?

+1 for 12pm or 1pm start time.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »

Martyn Frey opens to 175,000

Caicau Huang shove 550,000

call

Frey A-K

Huang 6-6

King on the turn, and Huang is out 15th

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 06, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »

3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

I would say leave day 1's maybe play an extra level and then start at 12 on the Sunday. Shorter breaks would also work. 20 min breaks are too long in my opinion have 5-10 min breaks and that is more than sufficient. I believe the breaks are 20 mins now and there are 4 on day 1? so making these 10 mins long would save 40 mins and would allow for an extra level? Starting at 12 on the Sunday and having shorter breaks mean that even with 700 odd runners it could be finished by 2-3 which in my opinion is not to late

Personally I hate the 20 minute breaks but I understand completely why they have them.

There's a bunch of dealers working at the place who all need a break as well. No way this can change much at all unless they risk bringing in loads of extras so they can be rotated.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »

What kind of time do you "expect" a deepstack to be finishing Tighty?

3am latest? Reasonable enough. Most players will have work on a Monday at a £300 buy in level, and yes those who final will have a great payday but they've still got to go to work tomorrow!

Yes its an exceptional month in terms of runners and therefore extremely difficult to fine tune a structure and times in advance

Matt's idea about day 2 above is a good one

My eyes are open wide
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »

3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

I would say leave day 1's maybe play an extra level and then start at 12 on the Sunday. Shorter breaks would also work. 20 min breaks are too long in my opinion have 5-10 min breaks and that is more than sufficient. I believe the breaks are 20 mins now and there are 4 on day 1? so making these 10 mins long would save 40 mins and would allow for an extra level? Starting at 12 on the Sunday and having shorter breaks mean that even with 700 odd runners it could be finished by 2-3 which in my opinion is not to late

Personally I hate the 20 minute breaks but I understand completely why they have them.

There's a bunch of dealers working at the place who all need a break as well. No way this can change much at all unless they risk bringing in loads of extras so they can be rotated.

i understand that for the club shorter breaks is a lose lose. It means less time for players on the house games and it also means they need more dealers for roation. But i would love to know how this balances out by saying having extra people in the club.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:31 PM »

Early starts are best idea. This would mean a midnightish finish Saturday and a midday start Sunday. Then a 3ish finish Monday morning. Seems fine to me.

I'd advocate shortening the stock break to 15mins (leg stretch, phone home, spend a penny) and having an hour dinner break. You only have two roulette tables and a couple of blackjack tables. There are only so many people out of 500 who can get to them to do their brains, no matter how long a break you have Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »

while we are waiting for final - anyone have any suggestion on how we avoid late finishes like this in future, options are;

1. cap runners at the GTE ie. 500 max for £150K
3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduc chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

any of the above except for taking out levels, would be disastrous.

12 pm start, take out a couple of levels.

Nothing disastrous about taking out 250/500 between 200/400 and 300/600, surely?  I could say the same about 2500/5000, and 25k, 50k.  Save a couple of hours right there.  I don't think you need get rid of any more than those.  They just seem to stick out as superfluous to me.

Dropping from 30k to 20k is only going to save you 40 minutes and isn't worth the moaning.

I wouldn't limit the runners, no point in removing your chance of a good profit.

Probably best to wait to see when it finishes.  Also, February is bound to see a drop off in numbers.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 06, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »

3. take out 4-5 levels
5. reduce chips to 20k

etc etc

Cheers Rob

Breaks were 15 minutes this time, think they have already dropped from 20.  Am I going mad?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 06, 2013, 10:40:21 PM »

Vik Mehta opens to 185,000

Paul Haycock button shoves 525,000

call

Mehta K-Qo

Haycock 9-9

j-3-k-a-6

paul Haycock out 13th

(I missed the exit of Alan Taddei, sorry)

My eyes are open wide
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 06, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »

Would you like some splendid jokes to keep you going Tighty?

behave!

Frank Flanagan opens to 150,000and Togyhan makes to 285,000

Flanagan calls

10h two hearts

Flanagan shoves Ah and is called by 10c

turn

river 10s

Frank Flanagan out 16th

Pesky Internet kid, 3bet me with JACK SIX earlier.

Nice bloke. Wp.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: