blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD New Year Special £150,000 GTD Deepstack: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD New Year Special £150,000 GTD Deepstack: Day 2  (Read 79684 times)
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 07, 2013, 04:34:09 AM »

Fantastic stuff Ken, thanks very much

Its over soon

Shall I pop the last hand up?

Your welcome Rich, thank you for all your hard work. You get a sense of the commitment that you give and the hard work that you do when you try to update just for a few hours, and you do it all weekend. And I did it from the comfort of my comfy chair whereas you have to go walking the floor. I hope its really appreciated because it deserves it.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 07, 2013, 04:36:56 AM »

Thanks very much Tighty and TopTen for soldiering on like heroes Smiley

Great updates and congrats to all the winners!!

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 07, 2013, 04:57:16 AM »

Wd Martyn, played with him a couple of times in last few weeks and seems like a nice bloke. Congrats.

Not really sure what the problem is with a late finish to be honest, but if your gonna change anything, (and this is probably a bit "out there") what about changing the levels but at the start? Say:

30k stack, levels:
50/100/25
100/200/25
150/300/50
200/400/50
300/600/100

And make it so the ante is minimum 1/4 of the sb.
Or something like that. Contrary to seeming popular belief, having antes at the start, and bigger antes throughout, makes a tournament a) play deeper and b) go quicker, which seems like its exactly what were after. This is the way I are all tournaments going, and DTD seems like exactly The sort of place to pioneer this idea. I played a comp ran by 888 in Prague that had 80k stacks and started at 150/300/25, the antes from the start were pretty much unanimously well liked by players from all demographics, and the tournament played deep the whole way through and was still over comfortably in 2 days.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:34 AM »

antes in level 1 ftw

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:54 AM »

Great updates Tighty and Topten.

Def a thumbs up to earlier starts.

Ah! The element of surprise
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2013, 06:55:27 AM »

great to see the 300 back, it's def the sweet spot as the numbers prove.

i dislike the idea of rotating buy-ins altho re-introducing the monte carlo once or twice a year would be nice.

in the end, tightys woes aside, the finish line time wasn't too late & hey it's a nice problem to have if you FT.

noon or 1pm starts on saturdays & sundays would be better & it's great to see the 20 min breaks reduced to 15 mins.

dinner breaks are for wimps.

statos early ante suggestion sounds interesting & you could also consider making the first 3 levels 30 mins.

well done to rob, simon & all the DTD gang for putting on a great show,

another great effort from tighty & congrats/wp mr frey & all the the other finalists

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:57:10 AM by julian » Logged
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »

Thanks very much Tighty and TopTen for soldiering on like heroes Smiley

Great updates and congrats to all the winners!!

Satellite King
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2013, 07:27:24 AM »

Supreme effort, Tighty, Mr Frey and TopTen.

It was fun playing, too.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 07, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »

great to see the 300 back, it's def the sweet spot as the numbers prove.

i dislike the idea of rotating buy-ins altho re-introducing the monte carlo once or twice a year would be nice.

in the end, tightys woes aside, the finish line time wasn't too late & hey it's a nice problem to have if you FT.

noon or 1pm starts on saturdays & sundays would be better & it's great to see the 20 min breaks reduced to 15 mins.

dinner breaks are for wimps.

statos early ante suggestion sounds interesting & you could also consider making the first 3 levels 30 mins.

well done to rob, simon & all the DTD gang for putting on a great show,

another great effort from tighty & congrats/wp mr frey & all the the other finalists

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

Nice weekend in Nottingham & met some fellow Blondes, it is true that Alex runs like god as he doesn't even have to post his BB most of the time!

Lots of shout outs for Tighty, me also. He does a cracking job & at times must me a really boring and long day just watching, well played to him.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »

Another weekend where DTD was buzzing - hated my poker (in a self-loathing sort of way), loved being there and will always do my best to be in the place for days like that.

I understand that the satellites for this had zero overlay throughout which surely speaks to the popularity of the tournament.

For the future

Play 30mins for first 4 levels
Cut the breaks by 10 minutes each
Add at least one, and possibly two levels to Day 1

Start Day 2 at noon and keep the breaks short

I like the idea of antes from the start as well

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

Love the idea of level 1 antes - id even turn up for level 1!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »

Finished at 4am, I'd like it to finish at 2am at the latest, would have been around that time with 500 runners, possibly just a few tweaks needed then. Well done to Martin Frey, another loyal local DTD regular wins again, pretty amazing how our regulars do so well in the big events Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:01 PM »

Wd Martyn, played with him a couple of times in last few weeks and seems like a nice bloke. Congrats.

Not really sure what the problem is with a late finish to be honest, but if your gonna change anything, (and this is probably a bit "out there") what about changing the levels but at the start? Say:

30k stack, levels:
50/100/25
100/200/25
150/300/50
200/400/50
300/600/100

And make it so the ante is minimum 1/4 of the sb.
Or something like that. Contrary to seeming popular belief, having antes at the start, and bigger antes throughout, makes a tournament a) play deeper and b) go quicker, which seems like its exactly what were after. This is the way I are all tournaments going, and DTD seems like exactly The sort of place to pioneer this idea. I played a comp ran by 888 in Prague that had 80k stacks and started at 150/300/25, the antes from the start were pretty much unanimously well liked by players from all demographics, and the tournament played deep the whole way through and was still over comfortably in 2 days.

Agree with all this

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »

Finished at 4am, I'd like it to finish at 2am at the latest, would have been around that time with 500 runners, possibly just a few tweaks needed then. Well done to Martin Frey, another loyal local DTD regular wins again, pretty amazing how our regulars do so well in the big events Smiley

Well if all you want is to finish two hours earlier, assuming you wont get more than 727 next month (which seems a fair assumption), starting the final day two hours earlier solves the problem.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: