blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:33:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273384 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD February £150,000 GTD £300 Deepstack + Online Day 1A Special!  (Read 29115 times)
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »

I like this idea a lot and trying to make day 2 players in the cash if that happens further down the line aswell.
Played a lot less this month already but if online day 1a's are something extra going forward I can see myself having a few goes as the year goes on and saving the 100 mile round trip
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »

You can re-enter into any (or both) of the Live Day 1b and Day 1c in the the Club, however in reality, I doubt whether this will happen often, as in the past, only 10-15% of the Friday Day 1a field re-enter into Saturday Day 1b.

We have added an extra level of play into the Day 1's and also changed Sundays starting time to 1pm, we hope this will give players an earlier finish. If players want an even earlier finish, we can take away/reduce the 60 minute clock on the final table (any comments on this would be helpful). We have also reduced the breaks, although we do need to be mindful of our dealers getting enuf rest. This gets us very close to the money for all Day 2 players , starts the final earlier and finishes the event at a more social time for those at work on Monday morning.

The Online Day 1a has been added as an experiment to reduce our regular Deepstack players costs of hotels and travel, which can be sizable if you play every month, we have talked about doing this for the last 12 months but issues with our online poker software have delayed the Online Day 1a trial. We will monitor how the online 20 min clock plays as online hands/hr are significantly higher than live, so this can be adjusted down to 15 mins (or whatever) if that is appropriate. Apart from the clock, the Online Day 1a works exactly the same as the live one, same blinds and antes, same levels, all remaining players after 16 levels take their chip stacks through to Sunday Day 2.

Cheers Aces
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:23:00 AM by DTD-ACES » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 11:09:48 AM »

Great idea.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »

Hi Simon,
If we somehow are left with lets say 5k chips after the online game,fail to get rid of them...
There is no way people will travel 200 miles on Sunday with that stack, are we able to forfeit the stack and try again live?
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »

LOVE THIS!
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »

Hi Simon,
If we somehow are left with lets say 5k chips after the online game,fail to get rid of them...
There is no way people will travel 200 miles on Sunday with that stack, are we able to forfeit the stack and try again live?
Hi

Unfortunately there is no option to forfeit the online stack even if it is really low, we have to have the same ruling for all players regardless of stack.

Players don't have to attend on day 2 if they don't feel their stack is playable, chips will be in play and get blinded away. In some cases you may have already made the money.

You will play 16 levels online, same as live, so you will know when the end of day 1 is approaching and will have the choice to try and increase your chips before the end of play. If it was playing to top 10% for example this would be harder for you to manage.

Cheers Nicola

welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »

Hi Simon,
Hi

Unfortunately there is no option to forfeit the online stack even if it is really low, we have to have the same ruling for all players regardless of stack.

Players don't have to attend on day 2 if they don't feel their stack is playable, chips will be in play and get blinded away. In some cases you may have already made the money.

You will play 16 levels online, same as live, so you will know when the end of day 1 is approaching and will have the choice to try and increase your chips before the end of play. If it was playing to top 10% for example this would be harder for you to manage.

Cheers Nicola
thanks Nicola
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »

Liking this a lot.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 01:13:16 PM »

Liking this a lot.

you'd play the online, and then not the live?

or have a crack at both if you had to?

ballpark, what would making it through 1a and turning up for day 2 already in the cash save you in exes?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
welsh1980

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »

Liking this a lot.

ballpark, what would making it through 1a and turning up for day 2 already in the cash save you in exes?
Would try both. £80- £100 petrol,Hotel £100 -£130, food -drink £100 ,and car hire £60
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »

Hi Simon,

It'd still be worth coming to Notts even if you bust first hand.

Assuming it's similar to January there's going to be a £100 reload with a 10k first prize up for grabs starting at 2 o'clock or so.

I agree though that the option to forfeit your stack would be a very good idea. Perhaps leaving it on the table as an anonymous player so as not to disrupt the chip counts would work?

I wouldn't like to see them removed but if it's left there to blind away I really can't see the issue as long as the option's available to everyone.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

Liking this a lot.

In direct money terms it saves me around £60-£70 in hotel and food and a small amount of petrol to get me from DTD to wherever I'm staying.
In-directly, it saves me a 'passout' for a day away from home which I can use another time. I can't get away for every deepstack, when I do play one I commit the full weekend and will always play something on Sunday whether I make Day2 or not. (this may be a downside depending on how I run)
Travelling knowing that I've min-cashed would obviously be more appealing than driving down to grind a 10-20BB stack.

Would I try the on-line and still travel for Day 1c on Saturday if i failed? Some months yes, some no. The appeal of 'being there' is huge on big weekends at DTD. I wouldn't have missed the January DS weekend for the world, but the fact remains that for me, the cost of travelling alone is a minimum of £120 in fuel, food and accommodation. So for a 'normal' event the opportunity to make Day2 from the comfort of my sofa on Thursday night and to know that I've covered the cost of the weekend before I set off is a big plus.

Hope the rake and the blackjack take don't go down too much for DTD to keep offering this.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »

I'm sure they're hoping the increase in online takings will mitigate for any drops in live revenue.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
dtm75

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

Brilliant idea.

I probably shouldn't, given my skill-level and therefore likeliness to be on the final table, comment on the final table clock, however, wouldn't it always be best to offer the longest feasible clock for a tournament of this nature? The extra three hours at the front-end should facilitate the 60 min clock.

My only other comment would be, for the deepstacks and other 2 day events/festivals, to open the club 60 mins before the tournament starts, to allow the numbers to register/get through the door and take a bathroom break before having to start.
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »

Brilliant idea.

I probably shouldn't, given my skill-level and therefore likeliness to be on the final table, comment on the final table clock, however, wouldn't it always be best to offer the longest feasible clock for a tournament of this nature? The extra three hours at the front-end should facilitate the 60 min clock.

My only other comment would be, for the deepstacks and other 2 day events/festivals, to open the club 60 mins before the tournament starts, to allow the numbers to register/get through the door and take a bathroom break before having to start.
In response to opening the doors earlier, we are currently working on getting more players entered into the live day 1s before we open the doors to reduce the queues, this will help with some players having played online for day 1A, plus we will have all sat winners entered so they wouldn't need to queue, and more DBIs buying in in advance. Hope to have this in practice for Feb's Deepstack, save on queue size Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: