blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Road to MTT domination...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Road to MTT domination...  (Read 51201 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2014, 11:28:58 PM »

gooooooooooo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »

So, a bit belated but I have finally decided to set some goals for 2014. I will set goals for both poker as well as life in general, in hope that I can become that 'well-oiled machine' we all strive to be.

Poker: 
Goals will be ranked in order of importance

#1 - Improve - A friend just asked me why I am not yet playing on my own money and still being backed for MTTs online as I can now afford to go solo; not at the ABI I currently am, however enough to make a reasonable hourly. It took me a few minutes to think about it, but I gave him the honest answer - that I still don't feel that I'm where I want to be in the game - and in order to speed up the learning process I need to play at a higher buy-in level (which I can do backed). At present, I feel I'm at about 80% the way to where I want to be when going on my own.

#2 - 6 figure score (closest to date: $58.8k) - It only seems fitting I have this as my 2nd most important goal, seeing as though a five figure score was my 2nd most important goal for 2013 (and was one which I managed to achieve 4 times!). The bigger scores have really seemed to be eluding me in the sense of the amounts of sweats I have in comparison to the amount of conversions I make. This year I plan to change that!

#3 - $250k profits (Sharkscope) by 31st December 2014 - My tracked player group currently stands at:

Click to see full-size image.

Total game count is now 6.5k due to my SS being unlocked (I was ~+$5k over 2k games at the time of locking on stars), have lost a similar amount to that since the turn of the year to compensate therefore profit figure is correct.

#4 - Top 100 Worldwide / Top 10 UK on Pocketfives - This will be a super hard goal to achieve as it will require not only dedication to the grind, but a big % of the time; me playing my A game and as well as improving a fair to great deal. My all time high is 624th Worldwide. I'm currently ranked 667th Worldwide and 64th in the UK. (I'm also looking for people to lay me odds on me making this in 2014 so hit me up with them guys).

#5 - Win a major live tournament - My definition of 'major live tournament' is probably different to other peoples, but basically I want to win a tournament with a prizepool which exceeds £50k. If this happens I will consider this goal a success!

#6 - Play an EPT - The WSOP is well out of reach for me at the minute due to the immense cost / time... ect. Therefore the EPT will have to do. Since I gained an interest in poker, I've always viewed the EPT as one of the most prestigious tournaments out there, it would be an honour to play one.

#7 - Travel to at least 3 countries to play poker - This is a really strange goal for me to set as, as a child, I was never one to enjoy travelling / holidaying. I was content in my life and happy where I was. However as I've got older, I've learned to love exploring; seeing different parts of the world / other cultures. I now find it fascinating, therefore my goal to travel to at least 3 different countries to play poker is very exciting to me! (I currently already planning to attend the 'Irish Open 2014' due to winning a satellite via the Titan Poker skin on iPoker - so 1 down 2 to go!).

Moving on...

Life:
Again; goals to be ranked in order of importance.

#1 - Be happy - This is as simple as it gets. I want to be happy; in my relationship, in what I do (poker), in myself. The second I'm unhappy in any of these, I'll reassess and from whatever happens from then on, happens!

#2 - Get fit (again) - Throughout my life, I've always been one of those people who do things to excess and possibly obsession (which probably isn't a good thing but not one I'd change about myself as it allows me to focus on what is important to me at the time). I've just this second hopped on and off the bathroom scales and if correct; I weigh in at 12 st 7 lbs. Not too bad but not great either. Throughout my childhood I was always in and out of fitness (the majority the former), and up until my mid / early late teens was playing football to quite a high standard (for Nottingham Forrest Academy). I've now decided to get back into football (although in a more fun environment over serious) as me and some friends have just created a 6-a-side football team - which should help with the fitness. I plan to get to the gym 6 days a week, as well as going on runs after my MTT grind (something I used to always do when I first started playing MTTs full time.

#3 - Have money put away / Have investments outside of Poker - The year will tell how successful I have been at achieving this goal. I'm not going to put a public figure on the amount I want saved / in investments (although I know myself) however come the end of the year I will be totally to whether I have achieved this or not.

That's about it. It seems very strange to have 7 goals for Poker and only 3 for Life, but that's just the way it is!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2014, 04:34:25 PM »

Brief 2014 Update:

Up to now, not a great deal has gone on in my 2014 in terms of life, however poker has got off to a pretty good start as I managed to FT a 'Major Live Tournament' on the 4th Jan (25/25 Series Blackpool) which had a prizepool of £75k (Finishing 8th) - so could have notched one of the goals up before I even properly started! I also managed a 6th in the Stars $109+R Sunday Rebuy for $13,000 and change which again, was pretty nice to start the year. A final thing is that I've also hit my Pocketfives rankings peak, being; rank 596 Worldwide and rank 58 in the UK - Getting closer!

P.S. I've decided that; during 2014 I will only be updating this diary by doing month by month summaries. However a few brief updates may work their way in. 

Have fun guys!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »

Well done mate in FT few comp in January . Hope that last Friday commotion between seat4 and seat6 at DTD not effect your live poker . ;p
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »

Cheers Frankie and hahaha no! Was really bad tho!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

January Summary:

All in all January has been an OK month regarding online poker as I finished around the +$3k mark, however at one stage I did manage to peak at +$10k which means during the latter stages of the month I dropped around $7k (which is fairly understandable seeming as TCOOP was a complete disaster!).

Live poker also went pretty well, as I had a few deep runs in tournaments: 8th in 25/25 series Blackpool (£20k FTW), 10th in 25/25 series Sheffield (£13k FTW) and a 28th in this months £500 deepstack at DTD (£32k FTW). These runs are all well and good, however I'm really disappointed in the finishing positions having been 3/8 in Blackpool and 2/10 in Sheffield only to finish 8th and 10th respectively, needless to say I had two 'blow-ups', which I guess is not uncommon due to the style I play (I tend to chip up a lot in / around bubbles / FT bubbles - otherwise 'blow'), I suppose sometimes I just need to take my foot off the gas and win those 60/40s every once in a while. The Deepstack exit was fairly standard however, lack of spots and loss of flips coupled with bad timing. On a positive note I had good %'s of my friend who finished 1st and 3rd respectively in the 25/25 Sheffield and £500 deepstack so that helps!

As for life in general, it's actually gone pretty well. I've started playing football again and got myself back to the gym and must say I feel miles better within myself already! Hopefully the motivation is long lived and the fitness keeps increasing!
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »

5th in big 109 for 18.6k 

blondes on fire

i  even won a 3.50 45 man earlier

congrats
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »

5th in big 109 for 18.6k 

blondes on fire

i  even won a 3.50 45 man earlier

congrats

Haha cheers mate!

Totally forgot about doing a February summary, will get on it at some point this evening!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »

February / Early March Summary:

Since 1st February, I think we've been experiencing what is called 'heat'. Ok it's not been anywhere near as hot as Pleno has been - but still pretty damn nice!

Before I start with my personal poker exploits, I'd like to take a chance to congratulate a good friend of mine on him winning the Sky UKPC Main even for £125k (we also had swaps so good times on that!), but yeah can't say I know a guy who deserves it more so congrats Alex!

Anyway - moving on.... At the start of this post, I did say we had been experiencing heat - well that is actually only true in part. This month I have managed to final 3 'Sunday Majors' - this may sound ridiculous, however my finishing positions have been; 9th (Stars Sunday $109r - $4.7k), 8th (iPoker Sunday Major - $3.3k) and 5th (Stars Bigger $109 - $18.6k) - which again may appear to be great, however those of you who play MTTs will appreciate how frustrating it is to have such near misses in things this big. (To put it into monetary terms: Had I placed 1st in each of the above I would have cashed for over $200,000 combined, however placing 9th, 8th and 5th has lead to a combined total of $26,600 - which whilst being great - is a big difference!).

Above is my player-group graph from 1st February to Present. Pretty happy with the way the graphs going (up is always good), however it's a really poor show in terms of volume, have gotta say my heart just hasn't been in it this past month, as well as having a few live poker commitments!

^ Yearly stats up till now. Again really low volume. Really hoping to change this!

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2014, 06:26:44 PM »

Do you play on your own $ Tom? Or have a backer? Good start to the year btw!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »

Play backed at the minute mate, considered going on my own at the start of the year but was offered a decent deal so decided to stay backed. Cheers man Smiley
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2014, 10:11:28 PM »

Cool. Good luck binking enough to go on your own
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

Didn't even know you had a diary! You never mentioned it. I'm in! GL tonight in super bowl tuesday
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »

Didn't even know you had a diary! You never mentioned it. I'm in! GL tonight in super bowl tuesday

Cheers bud, also run one on 2+2 Smiley glgl if playing!
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »

March / Early April Summary:

So far so good! Ok the heat may have cooled down slightly but I still managed to make some green last month (not as much as I have previous months), but as an MTT player, having 3 winning months in a row is pretty damn nice! I also made the biggest purchase of my life so far during last month:

Which is a world of difference in comparison to the old Corsa!

Poker wise, its been a kind of mix of emotions. Like I said I did manage to make profit, but yet again I lacked the final push required to get me to the stage of CHUNKS. One huge sickener which sticks in the mind is this past Sunday. I was 1/25 in the Sunday 500, had KK < AJhh for 1.5mil of 9mil in play, followed by AQ < QQ (BTN vs SB) and AQ < KK the next orbit vs the same guy to bust 22nd! Either I'm terrible at the end-game or I'm running pretty bad in the latter stages... One of the two!

Below is my yearly Sharkscope to date:

Again, disappointing volume, but feel like I'm still playing really well and the elusive 'HUGE' bink, is somewhere around the corner (I hope!).

In other news, we have the Irish Open in 2 weeks time! That would be a good one to win!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: