blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  In search of double run good....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In search of double run good....  (Read 53594 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »

3b overshoved flop 3 times versus me.  Had enough!

PokerStars Hand #101097444299: Tournament #812020010, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (80/160) - 2013/07/07 20:39:37 WET [2013/07/07 15:39:37 ET]
Table '812020010 159' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: marcotorino (7366 in chips)
Seat 2: DonKaleone (7534 in chips)
Seat 3: golbwmalmwtd (9300 in chips)
Seat 4: Rab90 (7960 in chips)
Seat 5: GannyAK (9130 in chips)
Seat 6: solothurn (14715 in chips)
Seat 7: pigw (9015 in chips)
Seat 8: Mr.Bittar (14335 in chips)
Seat 9: kiely199 (8445 in chips)
DonKaleone: posts small blind 80
golbwmalmwtd: posts big blind 160
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Rab90 [ ]
Rab90: raises 160 to 320
GannyAK: folds
solothurn: calls 320
pigw: folds
Mr.Bittar: folds
kiely199: folds
marcotorino: calls 320
DonKaleone: folds
golbwmalmwtd: folds
*** FLOP *** [ three clubs ]
Rab90: bets 480
solothurn: calls 480
marcotorino: raises 6566 to 7046 and is all-in
Rab90: calls 6566
solothurn: folds
*** TURN *** [ three clubs ] []
*** RIVER *** [ three clubs ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Rab90: shows [ ] (two pair, Tens and Eights)
marcotorino: shows [ ] (two pair, Tens and Eights - lower kicker)
Rab90 collected 15772 from pot
marcotorino finished the tournament in 4547th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 15772 | Rake 0
Board [ three clubs ]
Seat 1: marcotorino (button) showed [ ] and lost with two pair, Tens and Eights
Seat 2: DonKaleone (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: golbwmalmwtd (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Rab90 showed [ ] and won (15772) with two pair, Tens and Eights
Seat 5: GannyAK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: solothurn folded on the Flop
Seat 7: pigw folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Mr.Bittar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: kiely199 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2013, 01:12:53 AM »

Shot taking almost went pretty well, booked a winning session but like most of my year, pretty frustrating!

Only played 6-7 games and went:

499/6247 in the Million
501/32250 in Storm
11th in $16.50 turbo with $4k up top, sigh run out to bust in double average pot

Won about $370 so see how that helps the ROI tomorrow.  Second million cash in 4th attempt so felt pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:28:59 AM by OverTheBorder » Logged
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »

Weekend Review

Glyndebourne Opera

Had a very good weekend, all and all, enjoy my trips down south, I tend to get down once every couple of months and mix things up as much as possible.

Friday went to see the Opera Ariadne auf Naxos at Glyndebourne.  Whilst I have been to a lot of opera  I do tend to go for the spectacle/day out more than for what is actually going on.  Glyndebourne itself is an Opera venue set in a country estate and the grounds are full of sculptures and sections of interest.  The day itself involves a champagne picnic both before and during the extended interval at which time I ensure maximum consumption of wine to heighten my operatic senses. 

The opera itself was by Schwartz I think and is meant to be a contrast of styles between Burlesque and Opera.  It seems more set up for slapstick and comedy but this telling was set during WW2 in a country estate which had become a war hospital by act 2.  Whilst staging was excellent think the subject matter and period did not translate well and pretty sure this will have been done a whole lot better.  Usually relatively modern operas lack some of the depth of story that you get with the classics. The first half was excellent, the script good and the music easy on the ears but the second half dragged terribly and the female lead lacked conviction and made it a pretty disappointing finish.  Also basing the Burlesque in 40's meant it was less risque than perhaps one would hope (Sighhhhhh). 

I am back down in two weeks to see Marriage of Figaro, hoping it is a new version and not a revival of last years, as I have seen this pretty recently.

Standard Degenning

Saturday, got up early to see the Lions and slow cook myself in a beer garden.  Saw China Mug at 12 off to get his pre poker Coffee and breakfast to be in peak shape, I decided 5 pints would work a little bit better.

Got to the G, which resembled the Sahara somewhat due to the lack of air conditioning!  Late regd the afternoon comp and bullet 1 lasted about 7 hands.  4b shoved KK into AA, pretty standard.  In all honesty, I had actually picked up a shake in my opponent which my thought process likened to that "aces shake", however A we had tagged him as aggro over 7 hand sample lol and B I will never fold KK in a £30 comp with a reentry possible.  It will just not happen!

Bullet 2 and I was getting beyond tilted.  I have a nostalgic recollection of the standard at Luton being better than I play against in Edinburgh, not sure why, but this always was my opinion.  Although, I started to reconsider with some truly mind blowing things I witnessed.  We were 10x ing pre for fun, over shoving and generally just spannering any chance I had of getting a game together!  Chipped up a little to about 15k from 10k starting and slightly competent (appearing) player limped, and next to act also limped at 400/800.  I make it 3200 with AK, not going to min click as to be honest I want a shove/fold in this spot as not deep enough to play streets.  "Com petant" player thinks (and thinks), then flats the 3200 out of a 10k stack! so we are limp committing 3/10ths of our chips OOP into a bigger stack. 

Flop comes  and he shoves.  I am well versed in the old call to hit shove OOP move, it is a thing of extreme ugliness but alas a hazard of low buy in games.  His flat pre had slightly tilted me and as he can do this with a bare Jack, or clubs, I feel tilt indebted to call this off.  Probably can just sigh fold but I was pretty steamed.  He had made the move with the courageous  and without even having suited for reasoning he wins the pot on a  run out.  WP sir.

Next hand China Mug shoves 4bb and I just chuck my 3bb in with Ducks, BB is priced in to 3x me or China up.  I am up against  and  so just 4 overs, flushes and over two pairs to dodge.  Door card is a Queen, we flop a 2, only for the fantastic  to give China a flush draw/gut shot which is duly hit.

I go off for a tour of Luton town centre watering holes before the evening comp.  Heard the afternoon heros split it 5 ways for £200 a head, I LOL'd.

The evening comp went pretty well.  Was good fun with Celtic, Pizzled and Scillian in and around my tables most of the night.  Not going to bore with hands, cliffs are, we won every flip, we made one questionable fold into Gruff Cockney John which I think made reasonable ICM sense and we won the tournament.  Cashed for £800 about £700 up on the day as was in the £30 twice and £40 for evening comp. Also managed to walk back to hotel in Luton without getting mugged which was touch and go for a while!

Favourite hand 5 handed.  at 8000/16000 I make it 40k with J10 off on the button, would have shoved but tight spot in SB and I was comfortable she would not be peeling OOP and BB only had 77k total.  BB swell flats 40k out of 77k with  and shoves the  Two Diamonds flop! Yeah, I am folding! and goes on to hit the 8 on the river! Genius sir, just genius.  Never have I seen the flat, practically brick, shove into committed player BB special! this was new ground.  I explained in great detail how many baby pandas die everytime he did that, seemed to hate pandas so it was lost on him.

Heads up was fun, we had Pizzled playing Scottish songs and the braveheart them whilst doing my chip stacking and working his way through the menu.  Sicillian was crushing a 25/25 cash game.  Pizzled also tried to orchestrate a chop for the entire final table whilst appending himself to the numbers despite finishing 48848488484th but alas his number game never tricked anyone!

Sunday Stars

Decided to take some shots based on my previous luck and deposited a few quid on stars.  As mentioned above had the following:

499/6247 in the Million
501/32250 in Storm
11th in $16.50 turbo with $4k up top, sigh run out to bust in double average pot

Whilst deep in the 3, I have to say the ending was pretty disappointing.  Especially the turbo as I was well positioned throughout.  The million bust in a standard spot but still mulling it over.  I shove Button with  Two Diamonds Two Clubs playing 52k at 2500/5000 plus ante.  SB had 30k and BB was large stack and picking pots well and thought he would not call here superwide as he was making a lot of chips playing pots without showdown.  SB calls with A7 off and rivers the ace.

I think it is a shove, I am not going to click fold a pair in late position.  Would welcome thoughts if anything to the contrary.  BB has 3b me from button 3 times and probably sees me as a spot which was in my thought process.

We get our last 3.5BB's in a few hands later with Q10 and river a 10 in a check to the end pot with KJ already on board.  Unfortunately BB has a J and we are done!

Playing again tonight, after a boot camp gym class.  Will just play the big $11 and back to my low stake grind.  Will post ROI later as comps are not included from yesterday yet.  Probably moved nearer -30% for the year at a guess.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

Signed up for some bootcamp at my gym, £3 a session ran by some former Army commando.  Was not sure what to expect and was certainly doubly not sure when he said we would not do it at the meadows (flat) anymore but would be going up Arthur Seat (NOT FLAT) Quite a fun session though, my friend Emma came along who is 19 and somehow less fit than me, so that made me feel better!  Did shuttle spints up the hill, played Casualties, plank tunnels, tug of war and lots of intereactive and fun exercises.  Think my street cred is at an all time low as we had to chain run high knees through town! 

Got home about 9 and booted up a turbo session.  Plus points, we finalled a Hyper, was going to post a sweat but did not want to jinx, cashed 6th for $341 having been 1/8 but hypers going to hyper.  Made one questionable decision calling off 4 bigs with  in the BB it still kept me chip leader but think it was bad in game decision based on dynamic stacks.  Had two lives cards as it happens so mathematically turned out okay, but think I should give it up.  Frustrated as per usual, all the short players refused to lose hands ha ha

ROI is up, although BRM is now an issue as I have a wedge in my account.  I flicked in a $51 hyper, no idea why, I just wanted to play and it was the only hyper about.  Having bust while ahead, I tilt opened a $60 HU Hyper to reclaim this.  Thankfully I won it, but if I had gone on monkey tilt, the $$$$ would all be gone.  Got about $1k in my stars, will take it down a bit, for that reason, and leave a $500 roll for grinding $1-$11 games, as per the plan.  Is there anyway of self barring yourself from higher stakes? apart from learn self control.....

Will post the Roll updates over next few days and any blips!  My ITM has creeped up a point too! Slow and steady for the win.

ROI = -18%
ITM = 12%

Played 508 games this year and prizes of $2,646 so still about $600 down, but only 1 win away at the games I play.  Aiming to up the volume in the second part of the year.  Hopefully keep the $500 going for quite some time.  About to release a $10 bonus too, MUCHOS EXCITEMENTOS
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »

Played last couple of days, Tuesday almost repeated the hyper final table, went out an annoying 18th.  Set the tone for a losing day.

Yesterday was a bit of a farce, played two sessions I should not have played.  Session 1 whilst waiting for my work laptop to be fixed, bad idea as timings wise I was never comfortable I had the time to dedicate to the game.  Interestingly watching some of Dan Carter's play made me think I need to work on this aspect.  He posts his gf is turning up at 1, at 11 he is deep in many and all of them are done and dusted nicely in time.  Clearly has a pure understanding of how long each game takes and plans his sessions to fit his life.  Me on the other hand, reg anything with a first prize of over $500 as a general rule, and do not game select, although clearly end with hyper/turbos knowing I cannot do 15 hour sessions.

Went for a spin class, then off to pub, multiple double vodkas later decided to play turbos and played like an utter dog.  Think I played 20 tournaments yesterday and cashed in NADA, I suck at dis game

On the positives (well depending on BRM viewpoint), I had a little look at ZOOM, never tried it.  Booked a $90 profit to just about cover the days play.  Seems pretty soft to me, was never in too much trouble and some pretty spewy play.  I may try again at it but at a lower level as clearly not rolled for $0.50/$1.  Lost a $100 in a few hands before figuring out what was happening and then ground the next $100 to a high of $370 before cashing out at $290.  Addictive as hell, struggled to turn off laptop.

Got a personal training session straight after work, and then off to an SPS live satellite.  Would really help next months bankroll if I can sat into that.

Following Vegas all week.  Good luck all still playing.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »

Er... crushed a 50-1 game actually Smiley they wouldnt play 1-2 PLO.... + 6 buy ins all whilst on final table Clan watch ...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2013, 12:33:12 AM »

Sorry Dean, if I had known would have donated my tournament winnings to the pot lol

So yesterday was frustrating, stone bubbled the SPS satellite, was pretty comedy run, spun up from 1.3 bigs, to be 2/9 with 3 seats and £100 for 4th.  I run like death on final, card dead, then get interesting spot, I open to 9000 with  three diamonds at 2000/4000/500 playing about 95k, small stack shoves for 20k, button reshoves for 40k, now I am getting ridiculous odds and there is a good chance they could have similar hands, so I sigh call and see  and  which is almost as good as I can hope. If we win we are down to 4, K ball hits and we take a hit and chip up other player.

Playing 60k I shove over an open from chip leader, get a fold, we only looked at  to make the move, ended up being with  but guess it was ahead.  Then a spot which probably cost me most as it tilted me.  cut off opens to 11k we are playing 70k and in SB with chip leader in BB and with a look like he wants to peel.  We have  , now my issue is, I doubt due to sattelite dynamic 5 handed my shove will be called light.  If I peel it looks fishy, we likely go 3 ways, and I am pretty sure the raiser will continuation bet.  Min raise looks way too fishy due to chip stacks.  I just shoved and fold fold, pretty sure based on players I could have taken a higher variance fishy line and got much more.

Then the horrid hand, UTG 5 handed see  , playing 85k at 3000/6000/500 I just shove, to be honest I think that was awful.  I can click/fold as I am 3/5 with 3 seats, and of course BB has bullets and we do not even see a sweat....SIGH back next week.

Pretty funny hand, I am dealing and half way into my 1.5BB spin up, it goes raise, 3b and I am playing 25k, I tap my cards and say audibly 5 times "Be Aces" "Be Aces" etc and it actually was, I shove fold, call with AK for a massive double, queue much hilarity and questioning of my dynamo abilities ha ha

Played some zoom tonight again, similar results, stacked first $100 and got it back and change with second.

Time for bed, birthday this weekend,  loads on and zero poker, probably need a a little break so ALL be good Smiley

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »

We have a mixture of good and bad news, was my birthday weekend, so things got a little hazy 

We firstly done most of what we had online at 3am on Saturday night, after donking off £100 in live cash with a ill conceived triple barrell bluff with Jack high! Happy Birthday to me 

Sunday was an utter right off of a day, out with friends and over celebrating, woke up to find some questionable football bets had been made at 2am, sigh, I need a breathalyser on that laptop!

On the plus side, we have found green for online MTT's WOOP

ROI = 5%   
ITM = 11%

Day started pretty bad, played an afternoon session and lost a 5 times average pot with 15 left in a hyper Sad he raised, I go all in with 10's and he decides to call off with K10 and hits....MBN!  Later had a similar 3 way all in for the world and lost with QQ against AJ and A7, must be a lot of aces in that pack!

Last tournament of the night managed to take down the $3 7pm $5k gtd game for over a bag, months of getting shafted on final table bubbles have been avenged, managed to overturn a 9:1 deficit heads up too! Pretty happy, and will be working on keeping that going, although the bank roll needs to be removed somewhat to avoid another Saturday style incident.....

Also managed a 30 mile cycle on Saturday morning, feeling pretty good about a lot of things in life right now Smiley
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »

Curse of the no breathalyer on laptop struck again last night, managed to escape with minimal damage but some pretty disgusting things going on, think there was a $200 hyper at some point. Was out for a few drinks, turned into a lot, and it all got pretty hazy!  Withdrawn a chunk so that seems to be the best mitigator as opposed to perhaps just growing up lol

Will play playing another SPS satellite tonight after yet more personal training! FML this stuff is hard! Quite fancy a good run at the Micro Millions although back down to London tomorrow so will not start in earnest till Sunday night.  May do a day session tomorrow as I am off but timings wise it will not be much fun.

Nothing major to report, SPS is next week, got Friday off for that and playing regardless, super excited for it, toying with trying to sell a small% coupled with the Genting festival the following week but I may ride out the sats first as I LOL at BRM and hope for the best ha ha 
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »

Just caught up on this, decent read.  In.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2013, 05:58:04 PM »

See you Tonight mate.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »

Maybe Davie, I am edging towards a micro millions online schedule, it is too hot to put trousers on......if your playing and want to swap 5%/10% next week, shout me.  I am playing a single bullet Friday regardless
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »

On route back from London, was going to post a pretty big blog, but east coast wi fi sucks an absolutely bucket full of ass

Home at 715, going to do an evening session based around storm/big 11 and micro millions, suppose I best play some since mr pengwinz is min cashing like a boss

Will post sweats or conformation I have done the lot cross betting Mexican cactus wrestling....exciting week upcoming with pay day and Scottish poker series...just the one time please
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »

Session Cliffs:

Ran like death, literally obscene, closest I have been to breaking a laptop in a long long time!  Cashed in 1 hyper HU tournament (Love em I do), then spunked off $100 in Zoom on 4 J Q K with A10 into 44, which rivered Quadzilla, just for LOL's

We then took our last $20 dollars, won a Hyper 6 seater, then two Big $162 6 max Hyper single table sats (banked tournie $$$$), followed by 2nd in a Hyper 9 seat $60.....so now we have degend our way to a $170 session profit and are going to bed knowing fantastic BRM has applied once more  idiot

Made my 3rd staking profit of the year, well done to Tomsom87 (no point getting it wrong as he is out of space), clearly saving the big score for next week though Smiley I am actually probably borderline ahead on the stakes I have taken this year, although had zero vegas action, which is a shame, as would have enjoyed ze rail.

Bed time ZZzzzzz
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:38:24 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »

Think I have some house keeping to catch up on:

Live Cash

Buy ins:     -£910
Returns:     £988
Net:          £78

Live Poker
Buy ins:     -£1,294
Returns:     £2,485
Net:          £1,291

ROI = -1%  Norrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ITM = 12%

I think this means I am making money at poker this year which is all important, could be a lot more if my BRM was not bad and I did not just LOL punt off cash when drunk!

Fairly quiet weekend, designated driver at the Opera, I tend to prefer drinking, I am good at it, seems a shame not to do something you excel at! Marriage of Figaro is one of the best operas you will see.  Saw it last year and did not mind sitting through it all again! Highlight of yesterday was seeing Sophie from Geordie Shore in Nandos. Coincidentally is being in Nandos at 1130 acceptable? seemed a bit early for Peri Peri but I went with it...Vinny?

Got boot camp tonight, fitness is going pretty well, assuming the wild fires sweeping Edinburgh do not make it cancelled, who'd have thunk that?  

My flat mate continued his run of filling my flat with strippers finishing their shifts! I was lying in bed railing Dan and Steve Swift on my laptop whilst 4 adult entertainers are drinking jaeger bombs (made with sprite as we have no red bull) in my living room! Pretty sure that is a major life fail lol what a life he has!

Tonight will play a little online, probably based around spunking more money at micromillions, do not have the time or patience for them at the moment, will concentrate on the turbos I would think.  Some of the lads posting some decent scores so may have set fire to that $10, wont be the first or last time that happens!

Wrote a work blog last week, will post for shameless attempt to boost views (from 1 to 2 maybe):

http://www.dalriadatrustees.co.uk/archives/is-a-rare-bird-surplus-to-requirements/

Everyone loves a good pension tale, my writing tends to be sporadic and slightly off topic, but they gathered that when they got me!

Buzzing for SPS on Friday, got day booked off, money available, personal trainer booked for Thursday night, so will be fresh and ready to go.  Toying with not drinking, I worked out over the tournament last time I spent £140 on Bulmers, not sure my ROI can cope with that level! I prefer drinking in bigger games as I have some nerve issues which do not appear in bowl comps, decisions decisions   my friend KellyAnn is coming through for Glasgow, been talking poker a bit, so will be good to have some company at breaks etc, assuming I make the first one!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:55:29 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: