blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 255531 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2013, 03:15:20 PM »

Well I am in, survived a couple of levels and have 29,000 chips. What could possibly go wrong from here.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »

GL Ian! Staying for the main?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

Well I am in, survived a couple of levels and have 29,000 chips. What could possibly go wrong from here.

Gl Father. Should I book a flight out to rail the FT?

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

Currently 6th in chips ( 6th best player in whole of Ireland) although according to Full Tilt my name is Cascoigne and I am Irish. Must get that sorted before the photographs on the final table. Best player on the table just had a big double .

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2013, 04:19:52 PM »

GL Ian! Staying for the main?

Been trying to leave Galway for a few days but have kind of got sucked into staying. I may have to stay for the main once I have wrapped this on up of course.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »

Well done full tilt. Got my name and nationality correct on the live updates. Top Brit !

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »

Well done full tilt. Got my name and nationality correct on the live updates. Top Brit !

I imagine that is an incredibly delicate conversation, so I infer you handled that surgically.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »

Ouch. Guy with aces gets 3 streets of value from me when I have QQ on a 9 high board. Back to average stack.
   Only one hand since the start of the comp has folded round to the BB. When it did it was mine and I had aces !
    Great game this one. Hope I make the dinner break.

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »

Ouch. Guy with aces gets 3 streets of value from me when I have QQ on a 9 high board. Back to average stack.
   Only one hand since the start of the comp has folded round to the BB. When it did it was mine and I had aces !

Unlucky on the QQ hand, just cold, doesn't sound like much you could do.

Never. Ever. Never...look when you get a walk. (a) Implied tilt of finding a great hand is too great, (b) just mucking them without looking is very boss indeed.

Enjoy it you oaf, you've earned this opportunity.

Literally.

Allez!!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2013, 06:44:05 PM »

Never. Ever. Never...look when you get a walk. (a) Implied tilt of finding a great hand is too great, (b) just mucking them without looking is very boss indeed.

Literally.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »

Literally.

In one respect, if you never look at your cards, they have no actual value. Amateur theoretical physics ftw.

I always look, although sometimes make a bit of a song and dance by peeling one at a time.

If it's aces, laugh it off and shake the hand of the small blind for his soul read. Easy game.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »

An old cowboy once told me "there's no point looking up a dead horse's arse".

Feel free to use that next time you get a walk as you flick them in no-looky.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »

Had a real roller coaster session. Been moved onto a table with Paidrac ( some Irish legend ) and Jude Ainsworth (?). Well was holding my own and even got a substantial check raise in early which got through. They are all eyes though watching how you play every hand and how you respond to any kind of pressure. Any way just as I was buckling I got AA which for once I slow played and got seriously paid taking me up to 60k. This was to last about 5 minutes when I flopped two pair only for Jude to I assume fop a made flush as he called me all the way and rammed the river such that I couldn't call. Never felt so much  like an amateur.
      However I am still in. We are on a dinner break and although I only have about 28k average is about 38k. I seriously botched one hand where I get AK on the button and only called the mid position raise. Flop comes JQ rag. Villain bets, I min raise and he blasts a massive bet in. Again felt truly schooled and no idea why I wasted a big hand,position and chips......................
       So apart from butchering hands,being schooled and bleeding chips calling min raise with suited aces and never hitting its all going incredibly well.
        What didn't help was having changed tables I left my bag behind ( iPad, passport) only for it to apparently gone walkies. This created a wee tilt period until it was found just where I had left it in the previous break ( in the bar ). Is it age which creates the feeling of always having lost something..........you know......where is my phone, glasses,car keys. Every day is a constant sequence of mild terror as you think you have lost your phone,glasses etc. Hopefully Tikay and Red Dog will report similar affliction or I am seriously in trouble.
         Whilst it still remains quiet here I have no doubt the main event will be awesome and with an overlay predicted and some barmy play their should be some 'value' as well as some serious fun.
            I am going to try and get my game head on now as I really cannot afford to make any more mistakes so I will sign off.

Of course ' You can follow me on Full Tilt Poker '  or some tosh like that.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2013, 09:23:41 PM »

Jude Ainsworth is pretty aggro.  He always plays like he has it.  He seems to always have me in his pocket when I play him and seems to be able to select to sit on my table.

Of course, now I have said it, it is inevitable he will have it when you hero him.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

You are in serious trouble Ian. I can't remember the last time I thought I had lost something.

Good luck in schooling them kids. A bit of run good is all you need.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: