blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  8th Birthday.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 8th Birthday.....  (Read 10813 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »

I remember when Blonde first started and a group of you all turned up at Walsall with matching Blonde shirts and bleached blonde hair. I thought what a bunch of tossers Smiley. Anyway I have a habit of branding players with certain monikers to help me remember them. I played with Tikay and in my mind he was tagged 'Chris Tarrant'. So for 2 days it was like why is Chris Tarrant looking at me like that? I wonder why Chris Tarrant is raising there? And after every question the sound de de de deeerrrr went through my mind.

You are suggesting I RAISED?

That kite won't fly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »

The forum software showing its age a bit too...

it is yes. sorting that out is proving fun

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »

I remember when Blonde first started and a group of you all turned up at Walsall with matching Blonde shirts and bleached blonde hair. I thought what a bunch of tossers Smiley. Anyway I have a habit of branding players with certain monikers to help me remember them. I played with Tikay and in my mind he was tagged 'Chris Tarrant'. So for 2 days it was like why is Chris Tarrant looking at me like that? I wonder why Chris Tarrant is raising there? And after every question the sound de de de deeerrrr went through my mind.

Why would you brand tikay like chris tarrant? One is annoying tv presenter, and the other is. Oh. I see.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

@Tikay, where do you expect the forum to be in 5 years? What % of the top 100 posters atm do you think will be posting in 5 years.

Great great forum.

Shame El Blondie doesn't pop in now and again.

Very much so. His presence would not mean much to "new generation" Members, but for balance, yes, I'd love that. He had a very wry & dry sense of humour, too. He was, strange as it may seem to some now, THE draw-card at the time.  

Now he lives in the Philippines, & he pretty much became disenchanted with blonde, I'm afraid. We had some testing times with blonde, he & I, quite normal in business relationships, but we hooked up in Vegas last year & I'm pleased to saw we are cool now.  

For the wider blonde Membership, I doubt his presence would mean much, the fashion being that old-skool have no real standing now.

I'm not sure if you were there, but do you remember the talk Dave gave at  a Catman organised event?  I'd not long been a member of blonde at the time but managed to get an invite.  Met up with Claw, Ace2M and another chap (Dave - can't remember his blonde name, something Dave funnily enough I think) at Waterloo and we headed to Cat somewhere in London.  Others were there too, I can't remember who off the top of my head and apologies if I've missed someone obvious.  That was a great night for someone like myself who was new to poker to be associating with the likes of DS, a fantastic introduction to poker.   Claire won the little freeroll tournament I believe. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »

@Tikay, where do you expect the forum to be in 5 years? What % of the top 100 posters atm do you think will be posting in 5 years.

Great great forum.

Very much so. His presence would not mean much to "new generation" Members, but for balance, yes, I'd love that. He had a very wry & dry sense of humour, too. He was, strange as it may seem to some now, THE draw-card at the time.  

Now he lives in the Philippines, & he pretty much became disenchanted with blonde, I'm afraid. We had some testing times with blonde, he & I, quite normal in business relationships, but we hooked up in Vegas last year & I'm pleased to saw we are cool now.  

For the wider blonde Membership, I doubt his presence would mean much, the fashion being that old-skool have no real standing now.

I'm not sure if you were there, but do you remember the talk Dave gave at  a Catman organised event?  I'd not long been a member of blonde at the time but managed to get an invite.  Met up with Claw, Ace2M and another chap (Dave - can't remember his blonde name, something Dave funnily enough I think) at Waterloo and we headed to Cat somewhere in London.  Others were there too, I can't remember who off the top of my head and apologies if I've missed someone obvious.  That was a great night for someone like myself who was new to poker to be associating with the likes of DS, a fantastic introduction to poker.   Claire won the little freeroll tournament I believe.  

I was there, yes, I remember it well. I'm afraid blonde had it's leg well & truly lifted that night. CatMan had "CatGirl" with him, too. Interesting couple.  

Good fun though. I recall Claire being there, & Shelley Rubenstein, who used to scare me a bit back in the day, but we get along wonderfully now. She runs The Century Club in Shaftesbury Avenue these days.

There must be a thread about that night somewhere.

EDIT - There you go.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=8515.0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:09:35 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »

"I'm afraid blonde had it's leg well & truly lifted that night."

Something not so good happened?  I didn't realise, sorry

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 11:13:26 AM »

"I'm afraid blonde had it's leg well & truly lifted that night."

Something not so good happened?  I didn't realise, sorry

Nah, no prob Graham.

Catman had pitched a deal to us, but it never panned out so good, & we wrote the cost off before it cost us any more. The evening was supposed to cost blonde nothing, & be the precursor of a UK Tour or somesuch, but I think it ended up costing us the fat end of a grand. Communication errors.....

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 11:17:27 AM »

Catman always came across to me as an opportunist shister. (Having watched his documentary series about opening what was essentially a pole dancing club). Hope that does not sound too harsh Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »

Catman always came across to me as an opportunist shister. (Having watched his documentary series about opening what was essentially a pole dancing club). Hope that does not sound too harsh Smiley

Personally, I would not have used those words, no, but I get your drift........

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:37 AM »

Just checked my join date. Really didnt know id been a member that long. Says a lot really

sola virtus nobilitat
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »

Just checked my join date. Really didnt know id been a member that long. Says a lot really

Same. Thought I had been here about 4 years.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »

how many 2005 members are left?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 04:53:21 PM »

I'm from the 2005 class and I didn't even know Boo when I started . . . .so be careful kids you never know who you might meet Wink

Marky147 or Taximan that tournament in Spixworth outside Norwich that I think we all attended (Taxi I believe you bubbled and Marky you were TD?) was that before 2005?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »

Great great forum.

I saw Dave about 18 months ago at APT Manilla , he seemed very happy with life .

Also saw  Gareth " The Nugget " Jones from Blackpool, he has changed his appearance entirely, gone are the days of wearing a suit and tie. I hardly recognised him.  

I believe Magic Sami from Walsall has now joined them in the Philippines and they all seem to be enjoying life. Good on them.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:50:46 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »

Great great forum.

I saw Dave about 18 months ago at APT Manilla , he seemed very happy with life .

Also saw  Gareth " The Nugget " Jones from Blackpool, he has changed his appearance entirely, gone are the days of wearing a suit and tie. I hardly recognised him. 

I believe Magic Sami from Walsall has now joined them in the Philippines and they all seem to be enjoying life. Good on them.

I was wondering why I haven't seen him at the Broadway for a while.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: