blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Looking for backing on partypoker.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for backing on partypoker.  (Read 3347 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:15:41 PM »

Hello blonde.

Firstly, let me tell you a little about how I treat poker these days.

Currently I grind on average 4 times a week. Sometimes 6 times if I am feeling up for it and sometimes when morale is low, just twice or 3 times. About once a month I will usually only play twice in a week as rather annoyingly I only see my girlfriend for 1 week a month as she lives in Holland. This is looking to change as I am buying a monitor shortly to hook up to my laptop.

What do I do in my spare time?

In the summer I try to play a lot of golf in the day. Competitions are a bit awkward as they are typically Sunday mornings and I don't like to get up early. Every Monday I do volunteer work as a maths teacher for people who really struggle with Maths. I play football once a week and I am on and off playing squash depending how my knees can take it. I am also currently into coaching as it makes a nice bit of money on the side. I only have 2 students at the moment.

Since being on my own (I used to be backed by John Eames) I have mostly played on party, I took 2 months off when FTP started up and put my money on there but since that site hasn't really got going and the ROD's died I moved back to party.

Sharkscope since being on my own dime:

Click to see full-size image.

OPR since records began on party and stars:

What am I currently playing?

$6r
$11r
$22r
$22fo
Other similar buyin turbos
Shot taking at the weekly/monthly sunday major

What am I exactly looking for in backing on party?

I am looking to play all the tournaments bigger than the ones I have listed which comes to about $700 in buyins on a weekly schedule and about $1000-$1500 on a Sunday. Of course we can still discuss what you do and don't want me to play as there is a high roller every sunday that has a $530 buyin. Obviously if possible I would like to play this but it is certainly up to the backer. I really want to play the full schedule, the regs that I play with on party are so awful and are capable of beating the bigger games and I feel like I am missing out right now.

I can manage 9-12 tables and will still be grinding the smaller tournaments on my own dime.

Ideally I am looking for 1 or 2 backers for this as any more than that and it starts getting complicated and a pain in the arse to ask for money to keep sending you all money all the time. I will leave this up on blonde for a week or so and if there is no interest then I will cross post this to 2+2. If anyone would like more information from/about me then get in touch via PM or skype (lucky_scrote) or if they would like some HH's to go through then feel free to ask and I will hand some over.

I hope someone takes up this opportunity with me to make some money.

-Dan "lucky_scrote" Carter

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:01 PM »

What profit split are you proposing?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »

What profit split are you proposing?

50/50

<3 ENSUING
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:06:32 PM »

thought of playing cash mate? would be v interested in a staking/backing deal.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

I'm not interested in cash to be honest, I love tournaments too much.

Thanks for the offer though Smiley.

<3 ENSUING
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »

no problem, offer is likely to be open for forseeable future, gl in this.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »

I'd be interested in having a % share. I don't have the funds to even provide half of what you require thou let alone back you 100%.

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »

sick ROI's albeit unsustainable and over small samples, impressive non the less. GL with this mate, the stakers are very thin on the ground at the present.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »

Would love to do a MOd style staking and have a load of us with %  if you do save me some pie please
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »

Would love to do a MOd style staking and have a load of us with %  if you do save me some pie please

It seems silly to turn this down if nothing comes a long but from my own experience of backing and being backed you need 1 or 2 people that you know are fairly well rolled because when you're in a lot of makeup and your backer isn't in a position to send you any money two things happen:

He sells you (it's hard enough to get backed, let alone sell someone in xx makeup)
He takes it on the chin knowing there is a chance he might not get his money back.

If you get 5 or 6 people involved on here backing someone for the sort of games I want to play it isn't impossible for me to get into $10k make-up. When I was backed before I was in $70k make-up once, I know a lot of people get in a lot more but to be honest the buyins are a lot lower and the tournaments are less frequent (as well as being softer) so I think I would be realistic in saying that getting 5k in the hole is going to be somewhat likely, $10k still quite possible and any more than $15k looking very unlikely but also not impossible.

With what I have said, can you imagine 5 people taking 20% and one person needing to drop out because they can't afford to lose any more than $3k. That then means that the remaining people will need to supply more money for backing and then their rate of supply will need to increase. It'll be tough for someone to come in whilst I'm in makeup.

Perhaps if nobody takes my offer within a week I will post up on 2+2 and then give this idea of a MOD style staking a chance. It's better than nothing I guess but I think very strict regulations will need to be put in place otherwise I can see it getting a bit out of control.

<3 ENSUING
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »

Ask Jon Spinks, quickly

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:52 PM »

With what I have said, can you imagine 5 people taking 20% and one person needing to drop out because they can't afford to lose any more than $3k. That then means that the remaining people will need to supply more money for backing and then their rate of supply will need to increase. It'll be tough for someone to come in whilst I'm in makeup.

Mondatoo on here has a staking deal and it works well just like that.

If one backer can't continue (as has happened with Monda's staking) he sells the makeup (usually at a discount) or gives up his piece. Pretty simple.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »

Mondatoo on here has a staking deal and it works well just like that.

If one backer can't continue (as has happened with Monda's staking) he sells the makeup (usually at a discount) or gives up his piece. Pretty simple.

Easier to find replacement backers though when a % isn't that expensive.

GLGL Dan.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: