blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 51870 times)
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »

Not played much at same table as you, but when I have you always came across as friendly and relaxed and I can't ever remember seeing you have a row at the table.

Is there anything in live poker that angers you?   

How do you cope with bad beats ?

Slowrolls are tilting. Had to get used to it in Deauville! But mainly the people who moan at dealers, tilts me pretty hard.

I cope with bad beats fine, doesn't effect me at all really. The only times I get frustrated is when I do something bad myself or do the opposite to me read.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »

If (big if) you ever were to pull the trigger on a big bluff and the villain is tanking for eternity over whether to call, do you ever think "how am I going to explain this to Shola?"

No, we are play our own games. Never get mad at each other for anything we do when were playing.
I'm defo going to have to run some big bluffs vs any blonde who has read this now!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »

If (big if) you ever were to pull the trigger on a big bluff and the villain is tanking for eternity over whether to call, do you ever think "how am I going to explain this to Shola?"

No, we are play our own games. Never get mad at each other for anything we do when were playing.
I'm defo going to have to run some big bluffs vs any blonde who has read this now!

I'm a station. Just saying Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »

Hi simon,
ive played with you twice at dtd, i saw this posted on facebook and thought id ask you a few questions cos you have had great success and seem like a nice bloke Smiley .
i play poker alot and love the LIVE game too but not had any massive success (yet lol).
1) whats been your longest period 'running bad'? roughly
2) did you think of quitting poker at any point?
3) has it had any effects of your life/relationship with family?( if too personal i understand), i just wana ask a question thats kinda not directly about the game but what the game might have had a effect on?
4) and last of all, do you manage your winnings well, or go on spending spree once won?lol

regards,

Ross

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

it wont work on any blondes mate, you can't bluff idiots.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 01:17:42 PM »

Who was ur toughest opponent u played against ?     JP Kelly, not even close.

Standard nandos order?      5wings, corn, creamy mash. Plain.

Does shola still. Coach you?     Ofcourse

What's ur goals for this year?    To finish it with more money than I started with

I remember u kinda complimented me once, did u mean it or was it a bluff?   If you folded AK pre and I said well done it may have been a bluff ;-)

I do remember talking to you about folding AK pre in tourneys and i was like, woah i never fold AK pre. you was like easy fold mate ur such a fish.

the compliment i was talking about was in a £100 ar dtd. When we was heads up i had 2-1 chip lead and u offered me a even chop

Smiley

Just me
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2013, 01:47:47 PM »

Questions via text message from chinese Franky
1) Have you ever bluffed me in tournaments or cash game?     Yes ofcourse, we've played loads of hands together!
2) Who Is you favourite chinese person in poker?              Some guy from DTD who says ISIT a lot!
3) What have you done to improve your game lately?         Nothing inparticular, just learning more and getting better everytime I play.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »

Hi simon,
ive played with you twice at dtd, i saw this posted on facebook and thought id ask you a few questions cos you have had great success and seem like a nice bloke Smiley .
i play poker alot and love the LIVE game too but not had any massive success (yet lol).
1) whats been your longest period 'running bad'? roughly
2) did you think of quitting poker at any point?
3) has it had any effects of your life/relationship with family?( if too personal i understand), i just wana ask a question thats kinda not directly about the game but what the game might have had a effect on?
4) and last of all, do you manage your winnings well, or go on spending spree once won?lol

regards,

Ross

1) probably about 4/5 months, got in a bit of make up, but was out it after stoke GPS.
2) No, I love the game...if I ever started struggling i'd just play lower stakes.
3) Nope, I started with nothing before poker so my family are happy, its not like i'm playing with life savings or anything. All my money is from poker. My family are always on the Online rail when i make an FT, they love it.
4) We manage our money well but we do always make sure we treat ourselves when one of us has binked something.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »

where do you think you would be in poker if DTD had never opened?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »

that's a great question!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »

where do you think you would be in poker if DTD had never opened?

Best question yet. I dont think I would be anywhere near where I am today, I don't know if i'd even be doing this for a living. I mean I found live poker at DTD and I played there solid for like 3 years, Shola was at uni in notts and I went in and grinded £50 comps and 50/1 cash games and I have learnt day by day from then. if I wasn't playing everyday for those 3 years I probably wouldn't have had the success I have had recently. I picked up so much experience. I learnt player tendacies, the way they react with all types of hands in all types of spots and those reads I have now are why I'm doing well today.

Long story short I love DTD, Thanks ROB!
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:13 PM »

that's a great question!
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »

What's been your best moment in poker thus far?
What's been your worst moment in poker so far ?
Short & long term aspirations in poker ?

Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

What did you do before poker? Do you think you will still be playing poker in 10 yrs?

Lets see if anyone can guess my job before poker? No one post if you already know though!

I don't have a 10 year plan, here and now things are great. for 10 years time, Que Sera, Sera.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: