blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 51862 times)
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »

Simon  great to see you doing so well. What I see is the point I think I made on a previous thread when Jason was asking for advice.When Simon plays a comp he is 100% going to 'work' . He prepares well, he is focussed,observant and has a high level of concentration. He understands the emotional dynamics on deep stack competitions and is both patient and aggressive. I had the pleasure of taking a walk on the prom in Blackpool with him,sharing a table in Blackpool as well as having the misfortune of having him on my table in Deauville. He has a great attitude to the game,money and life. He would be a great catch for any company looking to back someone and good luck on that score.
           As for a question? Well how is it that on 50:50 flips your results are 95:5. Is this part of your game you have worked on? :-)

Takes lots of skill and practice to run this good.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:46 PM »

Are u and Shola planning to get married?

Are u gonna have a stag do? Can I come?

Who would be your best man? Do I have a shot at it?

Plans for Vegas? Will you be selling action via certain staking boards?

Yes we were actually taling about it recently, probably next summer we think. Ofcourse you can come!!
Best man is an interesting question? Would have to think about that one.
going to book vegas as soon as as schedule is out. probably go for 4 weeks again. Will be selling action i'm sure, will see if I can reach 300 post by then! Its really hard!!!!

10% please

What price round you bet yourself at in a Countdown
Challenge v Stato?

Having just met you a couple of times, you seem a really nice guy and pretty balanced. Do you ever degen? What's your worst every degeneracy incident?

There is no price. He is so ridiculous.

I can't even think of one. I don't really spew ever, I don't gamble on anything either. Just a life nit as well as a poker nit.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2013, 03:59:05 PM »

What rating out of ten would you give the Jim Jarmusch directed movie 'Dead Man'?

Not seen it.. It sounds good tho so a 10.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »

I suspect that you don't tilt, is that true?

If you feel yourself getting close to it, what do you do?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

20 or 40 stacks?
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »

I suspect that you don't tilt, is that true?

If you feel yourself getting close to it, what do you do?

No I do tilt. Used to tilt really bad. Have controlled it loads better in last year though. Don't do anything inparyicular now, just if I feel like I'm spewing I'm tighten my range and try not to make mistakes.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »

20 or 40 stacks?

40 if I have enough. Love building intimidating towers.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »

I agree, it's without doubt a key reason to his success. It's so hard to just sit and watch every hand and not go on your phone / ipad / even listening to music like Simon says you can miss that one key bit of information that leads to a great call/fold. Pretty amazing how he can do it even in small tournaments.

Yeah it's a massive skill to possess for sure.

Congrats on the last 6-12 months Simon 

Guess I should ask a couple of questions...

How long before you expect to join us true sicko's and reach the Blonde Hall of Fame ?

Do you think I have a drink problem ? Tongue

Catch up soon, I expect you to have won at least two more biggies by that time.
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »

When faced woth big decisions, How much do you apply to studying/ discussing poker theory? Bad equilibrium, implied/reverse implied odds, bubble factors that are discussed in many books/ on forums/ training sites?

Or for example do you tend to stick to the pot odds, and reads only like many other live players?

I don't really have much of a analytical mathematic approach to my live game other than the basics, my live success is mainly due to my live reads and my feel for the general game Flow and dynamics of all the different situations you come across when playing live poker.
Hope this answers your question. If I'm honest I didn't really understand a lot of the words you said. ;-)

Nash equilibrium d'oh
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »

Bad equilibrium is having Dirty Diana on the same album as Liberian Girl

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:05 AM »

Brilliant.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:52 AM »

Brilliant.

Tal delivers, and delivers, and delivers.

Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2013, 10:47:20 AM »

I agree, it's without doubt a key reason to his success. It's so hard to just sit and watch every hand and not go on your phone / ipad / even listening to music like Simon says you can miss that one key bit of information that leads to a great call/fold. Pretty amazing how he can do it even in small tournaments.

How long before you expect to join us true sicko's and reach the Blonde Hall of Fame ?

I remember a hand we once played at Dtd on a cash game. Ray came in steaming drunk, rambling about something I couldn't really understand. He sat down on my left and started to play. A short while after that we got into a hand. Now i can't remember the exact hands but basically I'd raised pre and he had called. HU to the flop is when he decided to double check his cards, at which point he held them up way to high and I saw them both clearly. So I said 'ray I've seen your cards'! To which he replys 'na ya didn't, get on with it'! So I told him again and then I said look I've got the best hand(which i did have) but this isn't right so I'll just check. He then fires out a bet! I say what you doing ray I've got you beat and I can see your cards! 'Na ya didn't, get on with it'! So I say fine I call then, but I've tried to tell you. This goes on the same on the turn. I'm ahead still and it goes check-bet-call again. The pots getting quite big now. Then ray someone rivers his miracle gutshot and I had to check-fold the river.
So... Do you have a drink problem? Very possibly! ;-)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »

Lol story checks out!

Lolmondatooaments

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »

I remember a hand we once played at Dtd on a cash game. Ray came in steaming drunk, rambling about something I couldn't really understand. He sat down on my left and started to play. A short while after that we got into a hand. Now i can't remember the exact hands but basically I'd raised pre and he had called. HU to the flop is when he decided to double check his cards, at which point he held them up way to high and I saw them both clearly. So I said 'ray I've seen your cards'! To which he replys 'na ya didn't, get on with it'! So I told him again and then I said look I've got the best hand(which i did have) but this isn't right so I'll just check. He then fires out a bet! I say what you doing ray I've got you beat and I can see your cards! 'Na ya didn't, get on with it'! So I say fine I call then, but I've tried to tell you. This goes on the same on the turn. I'm ahead still and it goes check-bet-call again. The pots getting quite big now. Then ray someone rivers his miracle gutshot and I had to check-fold the river.
So... Do you have a drink problem? Very possibly! ;-)

I had forgot about that actually, lolol.

Do they still have those 50p chips  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: