blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "In the Well" with Simon Deadman
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Simon Deadman  (Read 51855 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »

haha

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

Yeah Simon was  a great read

If you fancy a beer in Leeds get in touch

Sounds good. um did you tell me who you are though? lol
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »

Thanks guys. enjoyed answring all your questions. Also got a few more posts in, will be at 300 in no time :-)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »

Thanks guys. enjoyed answring all your questions. Also got a few more posts in, will be at 300 in no time :-)

5% if you're selling at spot :-)
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »

Hello Simon,

Its Mitch here, sometimes I hide behind my screen name of 'Mitch' to stay anonymous, but I feel its time to come out of the shadows.

Enjoying reading your answers so far, my questions are as follows.

1) Can I arrange the stag do? (Don't tell Shola obv)

2) In any of the comps you have done well in lately, how many times do you think you have been all in for your tournament life with a total bluff. More of a post flop bluff where u have jammed turn with no hand because of a read or whatever, not 4betting all In pre with A4s etc.

3) Who have you got the most reliable tell on in poker?

4) Why do you feel you haven't really put much time into bigger live cash when you were grinding the lower limits for so long?

5) Can you come back for football more often, weve been losing.

Kthnxbai.

Ah the large ginger one...I remember you.

1) a Mitch run stag do could be absolute carnage! I'll ask Shola.
2) for tourney life with no pair or draw. not that I can remember. Man people are going to start realising how much of a massive nit I really am. I need tighty to keep telling everyone one i'm an aggressive Lag player. ty tighty.
3) Shola, I can have not watched the hand at all, walk over while some guy is thinking of calling her on river and know whether she wants a call or not, and it annoys her that i'm almost always right and most people find shola pretty tough to read. but she is the same with me. Thinks its because we know each others game inside out.
4) fear of you taking all my tourney winnings from me.
5) I really miss football, just been away all the time recently. :-(

Does that mean, we are as close as you are with Shola, because you walked over midway through a hand I played at ukipt Edinburgh and while the villain was tanking my bet on the river you texted me my hand and you was 1 off the kicker haha.

We have spoken about how you have changed your game and I took onboard your advice and it is already paying off, getting me deep in every tournament I've played this year except one ( and to be honest I played the opposite of what you told me in that one haha) so your advice has been like the proverbial light switch in my head.

My question is what made you realise this yourself, was it what somebody told you or did you figure it out yourself through self reflection after another near miss in a tournament?

Also....if you or Shola had a chance to play durrr heads up for £1,000,000 in a free roll. Who would you decide to play him and why?
Deadman

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »

Hello Simon,

Its Mitch here, sometimes I hide behind my screen name of 'Mitch' to stay anonymous, but I feel its time to come out of the shadows.

Enjoying reading your answers so far, my questions are as follows.

1) Can I arrange the stag do? (Don't tell Shola obv)

2) In any of the comps you have done well in lately, how many times do you think you have been all in for your tournament life with a total bluff. More of a post flop bluff where u have jammed turn with no hand because of a read or whatever, not 4betting all In pre with A4s etc.

3) Who have you got the most reliable tell on in poker?

4) Why do you feel you haven't really put much time into bigger live cash when you were grinding the lower limits for so long?

5) Can you come back for football more often, weve been losing.

Kthnxbai.

Ah the large ginger one...I remember you.

1) a Mitch run stag do could be absolute carnage! I'll ask Shola.
2) for tourney life with no pair or draw. not that I can remember. Man people are going to start realising how much of a massive nit I really am. I need tighty to keep telling everyone one i'm an aggressive Lag player. ty tighty.
3) Shola, I can have not watched the hand at all, walk over while some guy is thinking of calling her on river and know whether she wants a call or not, and it annoys her that i'm almost always right and most people find shola pretty tough to read. but she is the same with me. Thinks its because we know each others game inside out.
4) fear of you taking all my tourney winnings from me.
5) I really miss football, just been away all the time recently. :-(

Does that mean, we are as close as you are with Shola, because you walked over midway through a hand I played at ukipt Edinburgh and while the villain was tanking my bet on the river you texted me my hand and you was 1 off the kicker haha.

We have spoken about how you have changed your game and I took onboard your advice and it is already paying off, getting me deep in every tournament I've played this year except one ( and to be honest I played the opposite of what you told me in that one haha) so your advice has been like the proverbial light switch in my head.

My question is what made you realise this yourself, was it what somebody told you or did you figure it out yourself through self reflection after another near miss in a tournament?

Also....if you or Shola had a chance to play durrr heads up for £1,000,000 in a free roll. Who would you decide to play him and why?

Sorry Liam, only just seen this.

Glad to have helped but i'm sure I didn't say much that you didn't already know. Glad you've been doing well since.

I got some advice a while ago that stuck with me, the advice was that when your deep in a tournanment its not always about making the mathematically  correct decsions with your hands. It's all about getting the money.

SolarCarro

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »

Excellent thread

Thanks to Simon for some brilliant answers and to all the posters for the great questions!

All these great players in Leeds, where do i have to go for a game of live pokerz....ummmm Leeds

Damn!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »

1/9 GUKPT gl.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2014, 01:52:51 AM »

1/9 GUKPT gl.

Anyone else have to double check when this was posted because they have seen this so often? Cheesy

Oh captain, my captain!

VBOL, sir.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2014, 02:03:56 AM »

1/9 GUKPT gl.

Anyone else have to double check when this was posted because they have seen this so often? Cheesy

Oh captain, my captain!

VBOL, sir.

good luck Simon, another second place locked up!
off point Tal, what a fine fine film that quote is from!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2014, 08:29:38 AM »

Just sticky the thread.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2014, 08:30:09 AM »

He's too good

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »

That final table isn't going to be easy with Floppinhel and Karl there.  Good luck

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »

GukPT Manchester
£1000 NLHE Main Event
Entries:192
1st – £42,000 – Rhys Jones
2nd – £40,000 – Simon Deadman
3rd – £39,000 – Steve Warburton
4th – £15,000 – Richard Kellett
5th – £11,500 – Nathan Jackson
6th – £9,500 – Dahe Liu
7th – £7,500 – Karl Mahrenholz
8th – £5,500 – Graeme Crozier
9th – £4,000 – Mark Harding
10th – £3,500 – Ish Patel
11th – £3,000 – Nigel Wong
12th – £2,500 – Ian Simpson
13th – £2,500 – Dat Chen
14th – £2,500 – Terry Owens
15th – £2,000 – Chun Man
16th – £2,000 – Guy Johnson
17th – £2,000 – Mark Lane
18th – £2,000 – Mo Qureshi
19th – £2,000 – Adam Piotrowski
20th – £2,000 – Mark Whitney
Prizepool – £200,000

Many congratulations. Again.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:55 PM »

1/9 GUKPT gl.

Oh captain, my captain!

VBOL, sir.

1/3 GUKPT gl.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: