blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  ANB GPS Birmingham - LATE NOTICE - SOLD OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANB GPS Birmingham - LATE NOTICE - SOLD OUT!  (Read 16930 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2013, 01:25:47 AM »

Thanks for the most entertaining 10 mins I have had on blonde in an age Smiley

Ul
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2013, 01:43:44 AM »

Lost a big one.

AKo UTG vs nit CO 3bt

We ship in the 32bbs to put him at risk.

He has dem bullets.  Its never a bluff from him, but its obv not just AA.

Meh.

19bbs and were grinding..........

Follllllldddd
u fold ak to 13 bigs effective pre ?

No we have 19 after losing 32bbs.

And you just fold pre pat?

With the J4, I dont see how we can do anything other.. We can't play poker with 6k @ 2/400.

Or can we??

My bad

could we not flat and see a flop
Re evaluate and use our post flop tekkers

OOP vs a nit? If we're flatting its because we think he has QQ, JJ, AQ. All of which won't do their money on A or K high flops.

To me it seems like a ship or fold pre.
Don't mind either.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2013, 02:05:04 AM »

We can't play poker with 6k @ 2/400.

well this is the wrong attitude..

James Atkin did. Just bagged up 61k

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »

J4 check/call > check/jam > fold > open shove

AK standard

J2dd fold pre.  It's interesting that you chose that hand to not really discuss on as that is def your biggest mistake of the tournie.  Its a terrible hand to get involved with in level 2 of a live MTT.  Forget insane hedges etc its live fold and make pairs no need to FPS and try and force something to win 350 chips (which is the best case scenario of taking it down pre) at level 2.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:56 AM »

Yeh it defo says something that you said pre "wasn't up for discussion" as this is clearly a problem when like scotty says, it was the biggest mistake of the tournament (J4 is close 2nd)

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »

Yeh it defo says something that you said pre "wasn't up for discussion" as this is clearly a problem when like scotty says, it was the biggest mistake of the tournament (J4 is close 2nd)

If you had two players who literally call every cbet but fold 100% of turns unless they donk turn.
Or similar super linear lined players where you think you would never be put into a tough spot or have pressure applied unduely.

What would your opening ranges pre be?

We had da second nuts... In a live comp. Is anyone trying to tell me the postflop is a mistake??

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »

Lost a big one.

AKo UTG vs nit CO 3bt

We ship in the 32bbs to put him at risk.

He has dem bullets.  Its never a bluff from him, but its obv not just AA.

Meh.

19bbs and were grinding..........

Follllllldddd
u fold ak to 13 bigs effective pre ?

No we have 19 after losing 32bbs.

And you just fold pre pat?

With the J4, I dont see how we can do anything other.. We can't play poker with 6k @ 2/400.

Or can we??
I know you had some reads and stuff but come back 7th March 2013 and tell me its the correct play.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2013, 07:46:04 AM »

No, Adam, check the thread..

The J4 hand, similar to the AK I genuinely didn't have a 'solid' happy plan.

I said ITT, I had no idea what to do with J4.
I guess I could bet/fold 1100.. Seems better already in reflection, but maybe this is because I've spent the last 6 hours playing cash with this whale and now feel completely I his head.

The reason for saying about J2dd not being up for discussion 'pre' is because it was a live situation vs two players I was super happy with..and I think close to atc will the profitable 3 way wth position against these two.
Obv we dont get into a situation if we dont open.

But we did, then flopped 2nd nut flush with redraw.  Obv not folding now.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »

But the main thing where the delusion comes from is saying you think you're in the top 5% of the field yet failing to understand that 6k at 2/400 is still fine! 'what can I do w/6k at 2/4' yes you can't do triple floating but you can grind solidly with a small stack and pick your spots, one of the most important tournament strategies.

You obv had a fun time, everybody enjoyed the thread and that's what it's all about.

Btw I'm still super convinced ak is a fold. If he shoves then call but when he 3bets from 19bbs or whatever and he is a nit you're probably gonna see kk+

You have no fold equity so 'putting him at a decision' doesn't really work.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

Hendon mob plz
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »

I ain't gonna jump on the band wagon here John. I think that you have provided excellent value in your staking thread. It is most entertaining and props to you for posting all the nuts and bolts especially the stuff that leaves you open to abuse and ridicule.

I do have a point to make in that there is a guy in the last 27 of the EPT Deauville that I only heard about the other day. Someone posted gl to this guy who had a pretty impressive Herbiemob for a relative unknown. On Pokerstars TV he gives an interview about how at 1 point he was down to 3000 chips and now 4 days later is in a good position to make some serious dough. This guy is called Gordon Huntly.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=137400

Live donkaments really are about ABC for the majority of the time. Everyone one knows how to move to the music and everyone in the room is hearing Dolly Parton and line dancing. To see you crashing through everyone trying to do the moon walk like Michael Jackson is having me in stitches.

I love your passion but I worry about your sanity

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 08:57:37 AM »

No, Adam, check the thread..

The J4 hand, similar to the AK I genuinely didn't have a 'solid' happy plan.

I said ITT, I had no idea what to do with J4.
I guess I could bet/fold 1100.. Seems better already in reflection, but maybe this is because I've spent the last 6 hours playing cash with this whale and now feel completely I his head.

The reason for saying about J2dd not being up for discussion 'pre' is because it was a live situation vs two players I was super happy with..and I think close to atc will the profitable 3 way wth position against these two.
Obv we dont get into a situation if we dont open.

But we did, then flopped 2nd nut flush with redraw.  Obv not folding now.

Wasn't critical of j2dd hand or the AK one. Will leave them up to Pads. The j4o is really bad. You go from a "grinding" attitude to a what is 6k @2/400 ya know. With the J4o you said "IDK what to do" and i just wanted to reaffirm you picked a bad option mate. Ul and keep up the grind. A+ thread too.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »

I ain't gonna jump on the band wagon here John. I think that you have provided excellent value in your staking thread. It is most entertaining and props to you for posting all the nuts and bolts especially the stuff that leaves you open to abuse and ridicule.

I do have a point to make in that there is a guy in the last 27 of the EPT Deauville that I only heard about the other day. Someone posted gl to this guy who had a pretty impressive Herbiemob for a relative unknown. On Pokerstars TV he gives an interview about how at 1 point he was down to 3000 chips and now 4 days later is in a good position to make some serious dough. This guy is called Gordon Huntly.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=137400

Live donkaments really are about ABC for the majority of the time. Everyone one knows how to move to the music and everyone in the room is hearing Dolly Parton and line dancing. To see you crashing through everyone trying to do the moon walk like Michael Jackson is having me in stitches.

I love your passion but I worry about your sanity

<3 Herbie

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 09:49:50 AM »

But the main thing where the delusion comes from is saying you think you're in the top 5% of the field yet failing to understand that 6k at 2/400 is still fine! 'what can I do w/6k at 2/4' yes you can't do triple floating but you can grind solidly with a small stack and pick your spots, one of the most important tournament strategies.

You obv had a fun time, everybody enjoyed the thread and that's what it's all about.

Btw I'm still super convinced ak is a fold. If he shoves then call but when he 3bets from 19bbs or whatever and he is a nit you're probably gonna see kk+

You have no fold equity so 'putting him at a decision' doesn't really work.

Shove was 32bb Pads, so you put him to a decision, but how much of his 3betting range has one in this spot and do they not just always have it in this spot live?

I thought fold after seeing 'AKo UTG vs nit CO 3bt' and we have to put in 2/3 our stack to find out if we're flipping or under it...

JB just says nit, so we don't know how big, but maybe a nit flats AK because we've opened utg and he wants to hit a pair before continuing  Cheesy

I might be dribbling nonsense though and am only gutted his run wasn't much longer as it was an epic rail Smiley

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »

Just lost a big pot vs the guy on my right I thought was 'good'.

He opens utg and I 3bt him again, (3/4times already) and as expected Steve finds a cold 4 MP2, 'Ludo' finds a call, and I 5bt to induce Steve..
We have btw.

He thinks about it.. Takes a few minutes and after a long time decides on a fold. Ludo peels (hero).

FLOP

I check back genuinely concerned he can have KK/ JJ as I never expected him to cold call, ever.

TURN
, he leads for 3k into 5k.  I take a little while.. (dont want to seem to eager) and flick in the call.

RIVER

He leads for 8k, and I think through the options..
Fold - were beaten by a big part of his value range.. He can have AK, but we also block it..
Call - we've checked to induce, and induced... Its hard to have strong hands here....
Raise - we've shown him twice we have checked flops with good hands, its going to be really hard to call with anything <flush.

I decide on the 'safer' option (but doesn't include a sick fold) and call.

To be shown and have Steve shout "oh I had 88, that's sick"

Lolz.

Dented, damaged, spend 10mins listening to Ludo and Steve discuss the merits of raise/ call/ calling 78cc pre.....oop.

How often have u called off 11k here with AA in level 1/2 and its good?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: