blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  ANB GPS Birmingham - LATE NOTICE - SOLD OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ANB GPS Birmingham - LATE NOTICE - SOLD OUT!  (Read 16826 times)
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »

But the main thing where the delusion comes from is saying you think you're in the top 5% of the field yet failing to understand that 6k at 2/400 is still fine! 'what can I do w/6k at 2/4' yes you can't do triple floating but you can grind solidly with a small stack and pick your spots, one of the most important tournament strategies.

You obv had a fun time, everybody enjoyed the thread and that's what it's all about.

Btw I'm still super convinced ak is a fold. If he shoves then call but when he 3bets from 19bbs or whatever and he is a nit you're probably gonna see kk+

You have no fold equity so 'putting him at a decision' doesn't really work.

Shove was 32bb Pads, so you put him to a decision, but how much of his 3betting range has one in this spot and do they not just always have it in this spot live?

I thought fold after seeing 'AKo UTG vs nit CO 3bt' and we have to put in 2/3 our stack to find out if we're flipping or under it...

JB just says nit, so we don't know how big, but maybe a nit flats AK because we've opened utg and he wants to hit a pair before continuing  Cheesy

I might be dribbling nonsense though and am only gutted his run wasn't much longer as it was an epic rail Smiley

Equity Win Tie  
MP2  39.78%  23.66%  16.13% AKo
MP3  60.22%  44.09%  16.13% JJ+, AKs, AKo

Even if we give him a optimisitic AQ in his range:

Equity Win Tie  
MP2  42.82%  28.08%  14.74% AKo
MP3  57.18%  42.45%  14.74% JJ+, AQs+, AKo

Eveeeeen if we give him 99/TT and AQ

Equity Win Tie  
MP2  43.14%  32.55%  10.58% AKo
MP3  56.86%  46.28%  10.58% 99+, AQs+, AKo

I just don't think its standard to go broke here, we are opening from UTG and a NIT is 3betting us.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »

As far as the AA hand goes, that was underplayed, and would just go ahed and bet the flop. As played, river is prolly w/ev.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »

I ain't gonna jump on the band wagon here John. I think that you have provided excellent value in your staking thread. It is most entertaining and props to you for posting all the nuts and bolts especially the stuff that leaves you open to abuse and ridicule.

I do have a point to make in that there is a guy in the last 27 of the EPT Deauville that I only heard about the other day. Someone posted gl to this guy who had a pretty impressive Herbiemob for a relative unknown. On Pokerstars TV he gives an interview about how at 1 point he was down to 3000 chips and now 4 days later is in a good position to make some serious dough. This guy is called Gordon Huntly.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=137400

Live donkaments really are about ABC for the majority of the time. Everyone one knows how to move to the music and everyone in the room is hearing Dolly Parton and line dancing. To see you crashing through everyone trying to do the moon walk like Michael Jackson is having me in stitches.

I love your passion but I worry about your sanity

I thought you might like him Herbie Smiley he won a PCA package a few years ago and just never stopped, gets it under the radar
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »

As far as the AA hand goes, that was underplayed, and would just go ahed and bet the flop. As played, river is prolly w/ev.

This is the problem with the AA hand.

He said after the hand he thought I had QQ. I was hoping he towned himself with AK type hands.

But when he goes raise, call, call he just doesn't have all the big hands.. So then its hard to find 'reasonable' hands that can bet big on that river.. Flushes are hard to make.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »

Im glad people enjoyed the thread, and I know I put up all the hands and spots and plays that the rest of the population probably wouldn't because it only invited criticism or abuse.

But please dont anyone tell me that I just "had a good time, rofl'd about, punted"

I played really really good poker for a lot of yesterday.  I made some good reads, most were highly marginal.
I made some 'easy' folds with big hands.. (very proud)
And I made a couple of mistakes.
The AK is potentially a mistake.. Maybe change that to 'is' a mistake, because of the player.
There are much much worse ways to lose 32bb's.
I barely bluffed of a single chip.. And tbh on my first table I played great, I just ran 2ndnut flush into nuts.
Second table ill leave upto MC...

But with my work trips coming up it looks like there won't be any ANB action on here for a bit.
Cork is just too much of a shot.
Shame though.... Really wanted to get out the guns and have a pop

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »

Hendon mob plz

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=107714

Completely forgot to out this up, shame the majority of my mtt success has been in £50/100 fo's that aren't festival stuff...
Think there might still be one or two cashes attributed to the other John Black's as well.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

Just thought I'd say that having shared a table with John throughout his 2nd bullet I thought that although he made a couple of questionable decisions, he played really well aside from that and was a pleasure to share a table with.

Watching him have an Extra Hot Nandos with Extra Hot Sauce and not raise an eyebrow was quite interesting as well!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2013, 05:37:53 PM »

Just thought I'd say that having shared a table with John throughout his 2nd bullet I thought that although he made a couple of questionable decisions, he played really well aside from that and was a pleasure to share a table with.

Watching him have an Extra Hot Nandos with Extra Hot Sauce and not raise an eyebrow was quite interesting as well!

Meh, Nandos' 'extra-hot' sauce is as extra-hot as Findus lasagne is 100% beef.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2013, 06:40:45 PM »

Lolz

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:34 PM »

Lolz

It was my pleasure, I can assure you.

You really are as nice as you come across in your posts.  Glad we didn't have any decisions vs each other.. Fairly sure id get battered.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:50 AM »

It was my pleasure, I can assure you.

You really are as nice as you come across in your posts.  Glad we didn't have any decisions vs each other.. Fairly sure id get battered.

I'm sure my 11bb shoving ranges will be a little more accurate than yours, not sure that qualifies as battered Smiley

#manloveitt

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »

ul john,

how much i owe you?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »

ul john,

how much i owe you?

One more bullets % pls..

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

There's only one j black, only one j black....spewing along, spewing a song, spewing in the j black wonderland!

There's only onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee............

Smiley

Luv ya really bud, also hvnt read any of the thread, just hoping there's a spew-ps will delete above if gen offended!

EDIT: Just read fred. B4 you read below, bear in mind you are gen one of the ppl I actually like most in poker.

Don't wanna be harsh but just meh John.

Mate, for someone with such an amazing poker mind-you really do the most basic things wrong.

In some ways yr top 5% of the field easy, in others you're bottom 5%-you really are.

You over complicate the simple, level yourself horridly and burn all your edge with ridic fps.

A structure like this shouldn't be abused in such a way, it should embraced.

Don't wanna be harsh and doubt a single word will get thru tbh, but gen hope one day it clicks with you. Such a waste.

So many great players-i'm not counting myself in this bracket-itt giving you priceless advice, do you really think they are all wrong?

I hate the 45s play, the j2s, j4 plays so so much.

AK is one of those fml spots, i don't pass tho-imo even a nit will spew on occasion v some1 like you who just makes em blow up with kq/aq/mid pairs here.

Pads range is too tight.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:24:37 PM by Nico29 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: