blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Free rolling a day trip to Cheltenham – looking for blonde’s help
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free rolling a day trip to Cheltenham – looking for blonde’s help  (Read 1854 times)
ExiledDub

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »

Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker on Blonde for the last three years or so and I can honestly say that finding Blonde has been an enriching experience and I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to read the thoughts of the numerous excellent posters.  However, I have yet to post on any thread, mainly due to a combination having little relative expertise on the points being made and a lack of time.   I have been meaning to start a micro limit PLO thread on the PHA board as PLO is my game of choice but I have not had the time to do so yet.

Instead I have decided to create this thread to ask for Blonde’s help in getting to Cheltenham.  I share in the passion of many of my compatriot Irishmen in the enjoying watching national hunt racing although I have limited knowledge of the sport beyond watching the major races each year and attending the odd day's racing with little real experience of betting beyond sticking a pen in the paper to pick a horse.

A couple of mates are planning on making a day trip to the festival and I would dearly love to go too but due to various factors cannot afford the cost (reckon a one day trip including train, ticket, food, drink is probably not far short of £200).  One of my friends suggested placing £50 on Jezki in the first race of the festival and I am very tempted to give this a shot, although it means waiting until the week of the festival to find out if I am going and to book the train.  However, that suggestion gave me the inspiration to post here - having previously read the Tips for Tikay and the Buying Sh!t  - Way of the Nit threads – to see if I can free roll my way to Cheltenham with the help of blonde.

I have heard before that some sport betting sites offer free bets when you join (besides poker sites I have not joined any sports betting sites) and I was thinking of signing up for one or more of these and trying to spin up the £200 either through multiple bets on Jezki or multiple bets on other things. 

My questions are which websites offer the best new joiner deals (I see that 888, Ladbrokes, WilliamHill are offering £88, £50 and £25) and are there any restrictions regarding cashing out any winnings from these bets as ideally I would like to be able to withdraw the money immediately to pay for the trip?  Outside of betting on Jezki has anyone got any ideas for an upcoming bet or bets that might be worth a shot? 

I appreciate that I am asking those with knowledge of share that with me with no value for them but I thought that this would be a good fun topic for my first thread and if I can spin up the £200 and go to the Friday of the festival I will post a trip report in true blonde fashion.

I have a decent knowledge of most sports (football, union, league etc.) but am clueless when it comes to sports betting so would be very grateful if anyone out there would share their thoughts on this plan and any ideas as how best to spin up either the free bet or £50.

In case anyone is wondering why I don’t go on a poker spin up, I am currently playing useless at poker (not that I was ever playing well) so to spin up £200 from my current bank roll is not realistic due to skill and time deficits. 

As a novice poster, I apologise in advance, if I have broken any posting etiquette in the above.

Thanks, or as you would say, flame away.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 01:26:29 AM »

This could be a really good thread.

You'll be able to turn £50 into £200 with no problem just using the signup bonuses.

Some of play through restrictions but most don't.

To be sure of making the money, you'll need to open a Betfair account too and just take the free money, rather than gambling.

Time is short, so better get started straight away.

Have you got a Betfair account yet?

If you haven't I could refer you as a friend, and we both get free bets from them too.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:34:05 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:27:46 AM »

Good luck fella!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 03:11:13 AM »

the irish make me laugh, they never back english horses the whole festival, just their own
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 03:12:04 AM »

oh, and gl mate
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:20:45 AM »

Yer good luck, i'd buy the racing post this Saturday. All betting firms will be advertising, warming up for Cheltenham.
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »

This could be a really good thread.

You'll be able to turn £50 into £200 with no problem just using the signup bonuses.

Some of play through restrictions but most don't.

To be sure of making the money, you'll need to open a Betfair account too and just take the free money, rather than gambling.

Time is short, so better get started straight away.

Have you got a Betfair account yet?

If you haven't I could refer you as a friend, and we both get free bets from them too.

Firstly, thank you for the reply, this is exactly the type of advice I was hoping for, so it is much appreciated.

No I do not have a betfair account (the only accounts that I have are all poker ones, party, stars, FTP and sky).  I haven't got PM status yet as I have not made 10 posts but will rectify that promptly and if you could refer me for a Betfair account that would be great.

I am at work atm so do not have much time until later this evening to do sign-ups and place any bets. 

With regards to just taking the money from the free sign-ups, how does this work in practice (apologies again if this is a ridiculously novice question), do you just sign-up, receive £x free into your account and go to the cashier to withdraw? 
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »

Good luck fella!

Cheers, fingers crossed.
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »

the irish make me laugh, they never back english horses the whole festival, just their own

Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but yes that is one of the things that I love about watching the festival (have only seen it on TV before) particularly as a kid back home, cheering home an Irish winner or seeing how many Irish winners there were that day.  Clearly, from a betting perspective it makes little sense to choose your horses based on nationality, but when there are few sports in which your country is world class you make sure to enjoy the ones where you are, I guess backing an Irish winner adds to the excitement. 
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »

Yer good luck, i'd buy the racing post this Saturday. All betting firms will be advertising, warming up for Cheltenham.

Cheers and will do.
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »

oh, and gl mate

Thanks, need as much run good as possible. Could have said thanks in my original reply but need to boost the old post count so I hope that you don't mind me using you as a statistic. 
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »

Okay am nearly at the magic number 10 and will need to get stuck into the day job so apologies for the next couple of posts.
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »

+1
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »

+2
ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »

+2