blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  London Staking Package
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London Staking Package  (Read 10078 times)
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »

call Smiley

What's he got?

Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 02:44:47 PM »

Chipped up to 50k or so (500/1000/100) Willie opens EP 2700, I call CO 22, big blind (old guy who has just sat down completes BB). 732r Willie bets 3,900 and gives me some verbal based on a hand before. Because of the history I had to raise (8,300) as I was pretty sure I would get on. Old guy now moves in for 50k

??

Hes only repping 4 combo's and your getting a really good price at just under 2/1. I wouldn't hero fold sets readless in a live MTT, could easily show you JJ+ even A7. I also fold preflop i think.

@whollyflush on twitter
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2013, 02:46:35 PM »

45 ssssssuited  Smiley
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »

He had the ak!
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »

Busted unfortunately. Will post up TR tonight

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »

Sorry for delay in posting this up

I started day 2 with 30bb. On the very 1st hand of the day I 3b the button vs a 25bb CO open. He called and donked a QT4cc flop and folded to my jam. (This is one for lil Dave's scrapbook).

Next significant hand I limped SB with QTcc (yay limping) vs what I suspected to be quite an aggressive hooded type. He raised quite small and I called. Flop ATx I check called a small bet, turn T check check, river 5 which completed back door diamonds. I bet and he raised an amount which looked like it was for value and given his turn check back it didn't seem like a bluff at all. Not really a lot I'm beating but I did end up calling and beat T7o

I called with in a multiway pot and the flop came 963hh. Everyone checked to me on the button. I knew if I bet no-one would really believe me for a hand and that I'd have trouble continuing vs a check raise but I think I had to bet here. Everyone folded around to Willie (who was the last person to check to me). He put in a small ish check raise. He had made a few small raises/3bets since we started, most of which hadn't worked. His raise was 5k more and he had about 25k extra back. I was playing about 55k. This was a pretty close decision I think between folding and jamming as even sets I would think he'd bet given there was only 1 person left behind him on a board like this. I ended up folding but am not sure about this one.

A few hands later I call Willie's open with two spades (as described in previous post). I think fold pre may be right. I usually err on the side of calling if it's marginal either way and with 50k I think I can just about call 2700. 3 way to the flop of 732r and as I said before I raised Willie's Cbet and then the BB moved all in for 50k more having me covered. My 1st reaction was that I'm never folding but when I actually sat and thought about it I knew he was going to show me a set. If I had I'd have called in a flash but apart from if he's defended 73 I can't see much else that an old guy new to the table wants to shove his 50bb in with facing an early position cbet and a raise in front of him. Sure some random old guys are going to overvalue or something in this spot but this guy has only been sat down for 2 hands so I've no idea if he would. Most wouldn't, I'd think. Bottom line was 40bb were too valuable to me in this tournament to guess and call off here when my instinct told me I had 1 out most of the time.

I hadn't spoken to him when I made the original post in this thread but he did come up to me in the break to ask me what I had. He said he had 77 and had played it badly. No real reason why he would come up to me and not tell the truth but either way I think I'm happy with the fold

Later I called a raise with KTcc on the button after a raise and call. Flop was KT7hh and everyone checked to me. I bet and Wille was the only caller. Turn was a heart, check check and river was Two Clubs. Willie lead very small and I felt I could still raise for value. This turned out to be a mistake as he had a flush Sad

Blinds went up and I didn't find a hand for a few orbits (or there was significant action in front of me). On my final hand the SB (who was new to the table but was big stacked, and seemingly loose/bad) opened and I went with 33. He had ATcc and turned a ten.

Mostly frustrating day where big hands ended up second best. Could have saved some chips vs Willie but it wouldn't have been enough for me not to shove my last hand in any case and I doubt he is folding his AT so results likely the same

UKIPT next week - on to the next one and all that

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

Unlucky Karl

Thanks for the TR
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

UKIPT day 1B today

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2013, 12:11:37 PM »

Did another day 2 - this time we're coming back with 41,500 from a starting stack of 15,000

Was a bit of a rollercoaster. I chipped up early and was picking good spots against the weaker players to climb to 50k which was 2.5x the average. I then decided to run a huge bluff against a super aggressive Russian guy which in hindsight was a mistake. He opened 100% of sb's to my bb and the button player was incredibly tight so over the course of the day (stayed on the same table the whole day) this was a significant number of times. I decided to play back once and this must have literally been the one time all day he had a hand and it cost me half my stack. Was probably a bad idea as I won almost 100% of the pots where I called him in position and played post flop. Lesson learned maybe.

Blinds will be 800/1600/200 when we go back so a little room to move although not much. The field is looking massive. I think 100ish got through from the 400 yesterday. Day 2 is Friday.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2013, 12:13:42 PM »

Good stuff Karl.

I WILL try & reply to that e-Mail today!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 04:25:30 AM »

Gl Karl.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 02:43:19 PM »

Busted 200/1100 unfortunately

HJ shoved 12k @ 800/1600/200 and I reshoved A9o which is probably the very weakest hand I'm going with here and lost to AJ

Blinds went to 1k/2k/200 folded to the button who opened to 4k (last unopened pot he raised the button with 52 and had since doubled up). I shoved 26k with KQo and lost to

GL to Ryan who joined my table just before I busted

WPT next

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »

The Italian guy with the 55 spun his stack to around 500k.

Then he decided to cold 4b/6bt jam over an UTG open/5bet with AJo from the BB into AA for a 700k pot at 3/6k.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »

Played WPT day 1A yesterday. 25k starting stack playing 8 1 hour levels on day 1. Made it through the day with 46,300 going back to blinds of 400/800/100

This day 1 fell into the pattern of both the previous 2. Great start and then unable to kick on towards the end of the day. I knocked out Steve Watts quite early making a light call down in a 3b pot and peaked at about 60k. I got moved table about 5 times during the day which didn't help too much but 58bb into day 2 is ok in my book. Day off today, back at them on Sunday.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2013, 01:28:13 PM »

Nice start,  Sunday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: