blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 10:02:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272976 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  10% situation
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10% situation  (Read 2825 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:47 AM »

Player A - Plays 3/4 times a week and will sometimes have 2 shots at buyin (re-entry) and is a poker player.

Player B - Plays now and again and will only have one entry at tourney buyin as has other commitments

Both players play the same events quite often from the Genting tour to the Deepstacks at DTD. But as above, I have always worried about sticky points on the 10%.

What happens in a situation of Player A has a re-entry as busted first entry and Player B sticks to his one entry? But both are playing Day 1B...

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:57:55 AM by aaron1867 » Logged
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »

I'd say whatever they agreed beforehand regarding re-entry would dictate what happens.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »

I'd say whatever they agreed beforehand regarding re-entry would dictate what happens.

There is nothing usually agreed, that's the problem.

However, Player B (well it's me) is usually not sure whether he can be bothered to play, so I suppose the RE doesn't matter? But then I look at it like it does, because I'd like to be 10% with him if he makes it with 1A, etc.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »

It's for A and B to sort out between themselves.

Always much better to do this stuff before they sit down for day 1.

One option to agree is that A gets his second bullet back before the 10% is calculated from the net but that is one option in a large range.

A and B should discuss it between themselves, though.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »

If you have always worried about it, you should have sorted it out previously.  It seems fairly obvious to me that standard would be you get 10% of the first entry unless you are paying something additional.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »

Agree to trade 10 on first bullet. Player B has option to buy 10 of second?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »

I would say that in the unlikely event that you have cashed...... Give Ken his 10%.

If Ken has cashed again and is disputing owin you money....... Ken is right and take what he offers.

Mates are for life and you only have Ken so remember that.

Wtf.... Why would Ken ever swop with you in the first place Smiley

Just be grown up about it and trying to emulate me. I know I'm your hero

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »

I would say that in the unlikely event that you have cashed...... Give Ken his 10%.

If Ken has cashed again and is disputing owin you money....... Ken is right and take what he offers.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »

If u don't wanna swap in future lie about having aces against him

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:41:15 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Smiley   Lol was just guessing. 10% swops go wrong so often and just not worth falling out over. Generally you swop with someone you love n respect anyway so unless its a major cash it ain't usually for that much money anyway.

I have moved stables recently and always have swopped with just 1 person 5/10 % and this new person is only my 3rd regular swop in 20 years. The last 3 times I sat down at Dtd he has shock my hand with sums discreetly placed their ranging from £15 to £60. I feel guilty that its not going in the other direction but he is more than happy because although they are bowl comps swooping with me has turned his luck around. Things had been that bad that he had recently just come back from self exclusion.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »

We are not falling out about it for sure, it's not even something we discuss really, but it has gone through my mind a couple of times.

The RE makes it a little awkward as I am hardly ever going to have 2 bites at the cherry.

The last time we was 10% was in the January deepstack. I think he played both days and didn't make day two in either of those and in Day 1B I did and just mincashed, he had two entries & I had one, however I don't think I told him I wa splaying until the day of 1B and then we agreed on the way there to swap 10. It would have just been questionable if he had made Day 2 the firs time round & before 1B started that I ask him about 10%, etc.

I think like mentioned it might best to discuss it when I next see him, which might be this weekend.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »

lol. That was never about money. It was about respect for a friend. He does not want me talking about him on here which I respect and understand. Twice now we have tried to sort things out, the first time I apologised and it immediately kicked off again, and more recently he found it neccessary to get me out of bed naked at stupid o'clock in the morning and burn my ear for an hour.

I said to him he is like an ex girlfriend, the sex is always nice but the relationship is never the same once you fall out.

<3 Chippyman.

Please don't quote coz I may have to remove again Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »

lol. That was never about money. It was about respect for a friend. He does not want me talking about him on here which I respect and understand. Twice now we have tried to sort things out, the first time I apologised and it immediately kicked off again, and more recently he found it neccessary to get me out of bed naked at stupid o'clock in the morning and burn my ear for an hour.

I said to him he is like an ex girlfriend, the sex is always nice but the relationship is never the same once you fall out.

<3 Chippyman.

He told me at DTD when I finally met him that he did not have the aces.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »

<3 Chippyman.

He told me at DTD when I finally met him that he did not have the aces.
oh you *****

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »

<3 Chippyman.

did he insist you get naked?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: