blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Back in Notts...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back in Notts...  (Read 38778 times)
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »

Heading to the vic tonight, TR to follow. It's probably going to be one of the hardest fields with the GUKPT exiters, but likely to play 1/2 PLO or 1/2 NLH.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 01:46:10 AM »

So tonight's TR...

Did a win [ X ]
Played lots of hands [   ]

Tonight i was pretty much torn between the Vic and the empire, after seeing the Vics twitter feed saying the waiting lists were deep. Mr & Mrs Deadman were at the Vic though and it seemed rude not to go and pay a visit. My 1/2 NLH table was placed straight away with Shola, so i was already at a disadvantage and in fact we played about 6 hands at best before being called for 1/2 PLO.

Hands of interest... Numero 1
          on  Two Diamonds

checks to us in the cutoff and we lead for just under half pot... called in two spots.
Turn
checks all the way round
River  
MP donks for half pot, for anyone who plays in the vic the guy was Lalit... who should have missed draws in this spot a bunch.... however he somehow slow plays the 46xx.... GG

Numero 2
We then beat 'Mr Bond' (probably the best player at the table) and get it in on the turn with     on      ... vs his bare K with straight draws for ~£120 each.

Numero 3
We then isolate wth   vs a guy who's been opening frequently, he calls 42 pre, with 75 behind and donk leads the remainder on a    board...
We sigh call it off and bink the offsuit J to take down the lot.

I called it a night with £290 profit and a pretty decent massage. The train journeys home are always pretty tedious back to West London and i was starving to say the least.
The night ended with a subway to which the following happened...

Just about to enter subway at the same time as a posh hot brunette, a rare sight at 12:40 at night. The ques surprisingly long yet after a short wait the eastern European guy then asks the girl what she would like. With a resounding sound the girl then asks for "a 6" please". At this point 'the moment' happened, the moment where you are both in sheer appreciation of what you have just witnessed, and irregardless of multi-cultural barriers you both know to pull a little smirk and give each other acknowledgement that you have just both thought exactly the same thing, and are both trying to keep it together and not give the perverted game away. Unfortunately i did not receive any special discounts for such appreciation however i felt that me and Mr Eastern European sandwich artist now share an affinity.

...The rest of the weekend should see me playing in either the Vic or the Empire, so likely more TR's to come...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:48:25 AM by Derbylad » Logged
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 03:34:55 AM »

Mr Bond the best player at the table....? Lol... More stories of being an Englishman in London please...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »

Mr Bond the best player at the table....? Lol...

The line up was him, lalit, fernando, gassan etc....
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »

Last nights TR...

Green figure for the start of the month [ X ]
Played lots of hands [ X ]
Won at holdem [  ]
Won at PLO [ X ]

So last night i intended to play in The Vic, but after a short GL to Simon and Shola the list was about a 40 minute wait for anything.
I ended up going down to the Empire where there was about 5 1/2's, 1 2/5 and a list for 1/2 PLO... Marv.

The 1/2 game here is pretty nice, with 1/2 being the lowest buy in, and only the few occasional bum hunters that sit with the minimum.
I got sat on a table with three guys sat next to a table with several empty pint glasses and all functioning at a sound level of someone inebriated.
These are the moments in poker where i feel everyone shares deep appreciation for ipods / mp3 players etc... and the incredible technology behind noise cancelling earphones, because no "Maaaayyyyyte", I don't want to hear your Australian voice whining how that was "So Sick" every 2 minutes.

I was happy with my game in both NLH and PLO. My variance for the night was ~650 and grinding out of a £400 hole felt like a win in itself regardless of the 250 profit. I'll post one hand on PHA.

Something that is becoming tedious though is the degeneracy of Live Cash in London, even more so then Nottingham, mainly because the tubes end at ~12:30am and the games are juiciest at 3am onwards. All of this wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have a 9-5. Tonight i'm going out in Shoreditch so no TR's to follow, may play a nice sunday schedule though and still virtually railing Nick "Tight4Better" Flanagan after buying a small % of him in the deepstack.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »

Last night Shoreditch got cancelled so i used my degenerate sleeping pattern to my advantage and went to play at the Empire again...
Mini cliffs is won £100 however at one stage was winning 700+. Ended up losing a BI in Omaha, then got coolered in one orbit with top two vs a straight and backdoor flush vs backdoor flush, where he must of thought it was Xmas when i value jam the river.

The hand that was most tilting was the PLO hand. We're holding   and 3 bet pre to 27 from the SB after a raise to 7 from MP, called in two spots.
The flop:  

I pot and get tank called in both spots.
The turn is the  .

I've got ~£110 behind after the initial pot of £83 on the flop, and put the remainder in. I then get a tank fold and some arabic guy reaching deep into the tank. He then gives me a speech play saying have you got a 9?
After someone calls the clock on him he calls. The river is the and i announce a straight.

At this point the guy goes "oh you've got a straight" and is looking like he's mucking. After what seems like about 10 seconds he then slow rolls pocket 4's.

Anyway over 3 days we're winning ~620 for the start of March which is a step in the right direction.
Sundays today, GL Heroes
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:30:33 PM by Derbylad » Logged
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 02:17:12 PM »

Last night Shoreditch got cancelled so i used my degenerate sleeping pattern to my advantage and went to play at the Empire again...
Mini cliffs is won £100 however at one stage was winning 700+. Ended up losing a BI in Omaha, then got coolered in one orbit with top two vs a straight and backdoor flush vs backdoor flush, where he must of thought it was Xmas when i value jam the river.

The hand that was most tilting was the PLO hand. We're holding   and 3 bet pre to 27 from the SB after a raise to 7 from MP, called in two spots.
The flop:  

The turn is the  .

I've got ~£110 behind after the initial pot of £83 on the flop, and put the remainder in. I then get a tank fold and some arabic guy reaching deep into the tank. He then gives me a speech play saying have you got a 9?
After someone calls the clock on him he calls. The river is the and i announce a straight.

At this point the guy goes "oh you've got a straight" and is looking like he's mucking. After what seems like about 10 seconds he then slow rolls pocket 4's.

To say the least words of extreme bile were sprayed over the table and i was pretty surprised i wasn't banned from the Empire. He tried to justify himself to which i responded "what the fuck were you calling the flop for, to hit quads and quads only?"

Anyway over 3 days we're winning ~620 for the start of March which is a step in the right direction.
Sundays today, GL Heroes

Not sure about the pot on the turn? you got to be putting these guys on either similar hands to yours to hands that have 89 in them like 89JT double suited or even hands like KK89 QQ89 etc... Think you might get a check down there, depending on what position you're in, no point in turning your hand into a bluff when there's not enough in the stacks to get a fold from both players, plus it's the Empire.

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »

The flop:  

The turn is the  .

To say the least words of extreme bile were sprayed over the table and i was pretty surprised i wasn't banned from the Empire. He tried to justify himself to which i responded "what the fuck were you calling the flop for, to hit quads and quads only?"

Sundays today, GL Heroes

Not sure about the pot on the turn? you got to be putting these guys on either similar hands to yours to hands that have 89 in them like 89JT double suited or even hands like KK89 QQ89 etc... Think you might get a check down there, depending on what position you're in, no point in turning your hand into a bluff when there's not enough in the stacks to get a fold from both players, plus it's the Empire.

Oh i'm not justifying the pot on the turn, but i think vs the guys that it was, they're more likely to iso if they have top two / a set on the flop. They both had ~600.
If they did have a 9 etc... then yeah i'm effectively burying myself but on the odd occasion they're floating with straight draws etc... especially after tank decisions we win with no showdown, and even if they do have 9x we still have a nut draw and some outs.

It was more the fact it was a tank decision with a full house that tilted me.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 05:50:44 PM »

Having a pretty good day so far, Nick cashed the £300 and i've just free rolled the sunday million for a $16 satellite.... $1,000,000 ftw...

Confirmed GHolden

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/2296598_82C794D666
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 09:14:37 PM »

<3
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »

Had my fourth winning session for March last night continuing the mini heater...

I played 1/2 NLH at the Vic pretty late, around 4am. The table was pretty weary and we made the game when we started playing pretty loose aggressive with some cold 4 bets and putting an end to the preflop limping.
Pretty standard wins, and didn't even have to luckbox anything, happy enough with my play, and managed to get one guy to spazz it all in after we limp Kings pre for balance. I've posted one hand to PHA...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60534.0

Ended up winning £1205, making March's graph even healthier...

Click to see full-size image.

Unsure what to do this weekend, still debating what to play and where.
rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »

Sick heater, mbnnnn

Dying's for fools.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

upward graphs! wadda life Tongue

NEWY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »

gratz. where did u get the graph to record results from?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

gratz. where did u get the graph to record results from?

Looks like excel.

Grats on the heater Lad. Come and donate in DTD one time?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: