blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Back in Notts...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back in Notts...  (Read 38783 times)
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

550 deepstack day1... A lot of Heros playing it today. Hopefully we accumulate a lot of betting disks.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »

550 deepstack day1... A lot of Heros playing it today. Hopefully we accumulate a lot of betting disks.
Good luck boss. I'm swotting up on Deuces before I return to crush 

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »

Deepstack:
This February's deep-stack was the first 500 i'd played. Day 1 i had the same table for the entire day which started to become a bit tedious when Lalith Sheena 3 bet every single opener to my direct left. I really didn't know if the guy was continuously getting hands or just had my number, but it was pretty hard to re-assess and 4 bet him when the biggest hand we had all day was AJo. I ended the day with 72k which i was somewhat happy with after what felt like my biggest grind at a table.
Day 2 i met Deadman early for a run good Costa so obviously it was fate that when we get to DTD i was sat to his direct left, closely followed by Millidonk to my left. While it was good to have a few faces on the table I continued my card dead stretch from Day1 and watched everyone shy away from playing against Deadman as he picked up the blinds. I finally busted after shoving 49k from the SB at 2k/4k 500ante with A2s to the CO open and a Deadman limp. Deadman called off with AJo and took it down. Pretty sure this is still a profitable shove a bunch of the time as the CO was opening pretty wide and relatively passive and i know Simon would likely play him down the streets with any two IP.

Cash:
Such a swingy weekend. I won't bore people with the full HH's but i managed to get it in on DC as like an 80%+ favourite a bunch of times and got sucked out on, then lost all my marginal flips. Got out of a hole on the 1/2/4 after just finding a bunch of cooler spots (; Sorry Phil Clarke). Monday i went to Gala and continued to give my stacks to Sean "Run Good" Belton when we 3 bet pre out of the SB to his 7 open and one limper, C-Bet the flop and get it in vs an SB flop raise -> 4 bet shove with....

<   on....  

Online:
Still going strong. Cashed out a bunch of my 1/2 PLO roll and we're currently $2.1k net Profit for the year in MTT's not counting any PLO tournament winnings.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »

Deepstack:

Day 2 i met Deadman early for a run good Costa so obviously it was fate that when we get to DTD i was sat to his direct left, closely followed by Millidonk to my left.

i assume this counts here too right?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2014, 07:00:04 AM »

Febuary Poker: The Month of the Bad beat??

As the title suggests February's poker has been a bit of a shit one. Today i bust a UKPC seat 6 away with A9 < A3 when we both had relatively big stacks Button v Blind, Saturday i bust the incredible 100 in an orbit after coming back with 235k with an average of 135k and in the Super 50 Giant last weekend i lost AQ < AJ for the Chip lead with 13 left, along with Goulder stacking me last night with KK < 88 AIP for ~400. If it wasn't for online i genuinely think i'd be near busto recently as it's been the only thing keeping me going. Anyway this isn't so much of a rant more just a plea to the live poker gods to let my variance even out sometime soon and let me actually get a piece of the cake.

Thankfully online is going okay. We're around $3.5k up in MTT's on the year and 1/2 PLO has become my break and butter stake recently. Still fading buying a new laptop, mainly because of doing chunks live, but I did treat myself to a new TV the other week, so Pokerstars on a 32" Samsung is a lot easier to multi-table. I think i'll probably be sticking to online for a while now and probably just play online satellites into the bigger live comps. GPS Sheffield may be the next one for moi.
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:28 AM »

Been having a rough couple of weeks at live cash and definitely been seeing the shittier side of variance.
We have however just got the better end of a deal in the $33 Omania 3 ways for a nice 4 figure Tuesday.
Still #LoveTheGame, no matter how cruel =) 
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2014, 05:04:17 PM »

Nice... Love the Omania...

You playing the main this weekend...?

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »

Hopefully, might involve me selling a greater % then i'd normally like if i don't satellite it tonight though
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »

March Poker - The Summary

Played lots of Poker [  ]
Finished 1st in a comp [X]
Winning Month [X]

April Poker - The beginning

Bricked the Deepstack [X]
Played the worst hand I've ever played [X]

Here come the details...

So March was possibly the least volume in poker I've had in a longggggg time. After losing chunks at the end of Feb I took a bit of a break and concentrated on some real life stuff. As a result I've got two final round graduate assessment centres lined up for London, one this week and one postponed until later this month / next month. Poker wise, Mike (RBC_Mike) came down to visit last weekend, which could only result in a weekend of degeneracy. Played live Friday and Saturday and managed to bink the Super 50 for a score and a 275 seat.

Cash has been going alright the past week and I've put in a fair amount of Volume at the live tables. I did however do the most uncharacteristic thing ever yesterday and misread the nuts on the river in PLO to grant somebody a stack of 5-600. My thought process being, must be a chop, I can't flat call the nuts though when in position.... "Pot", oh, that is a bigger straight......

The deepstack cliffs were pretty dull. It involved 6 bet shoving AA and not getting called by a CO vs Button war who apparently had AQ. We then get in AKhh < AA for the lot after blinding down with 0 hands and Ben Vinson to my right taking all my blind steals.

I've got a lot on for the rest of the month with my dissertation due and these graduate interviews. I'm looking forward to a relaxed May and hopefully a lot of Poker volume with fingers crossed a guaranteed Grad Job.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:09:22 PM by Derbylad » Logged
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »

Also... for any Breaking Bad fans.... enjoy this doppelganger. Apologies in advance if this is a blondeite or someone people know...

Click to see full-size image.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »

Also... for any Breaking Bad fans.... enjoy this doppelganger. Apologies in advance if this is a blondeite or someone people know...

Please get Red Dog in the thread to confirm this is Dingleberries from his Hank story, that would just make my day. The thread is in the Rail, have a read if you haven't already. Story of the century.

Dingleberries!!
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »

good luck with the Interviews today.....

TTD...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »

Pleased to announce some life news that I got the Grad Scheme.... (In before thin brag)
Back to London in September
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2014, 06:12:29 AM »

Not a HH.... Generalisation

PokerStars Hand #115314836307: Tournament #898794988, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2014/04/26 5:43:37 WET [2014/04/26 0:43:37 ET]
Table '898794988 21' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: maninshed (33279 in chips)
Seat 2: GHolden7 (29137 in chips)
Seat 4: turner019 (6141 in chips)
Seat 5: Psych0P4th (31557 in chips)
Seat 6: martan308 (23275 in chips)
Seat 7: 1chiban (12248 in chips)
Seat 8: Giovani_1985 (10929 in chips)
Seat 9: slyca (8464 in chips)
maninshed: posts the ante 100
GHolden7: posts the ante 100
turner019: posts the ante 100
Psych0P4th: posts the ante 100
martan308: posts the ante 100
1chiban: posts the ante 100
Giovani_1985: posts the ante 100
slyca: posts the ante 100
Psych0P4th: posts small blind 500
martan308: posts big blind 1000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GHolden7 [As ]
1chiban: folds
Giovani_1985: folds
slyca: folds
maninshed: folds
GHolden7: raises 1000 to 2000
turner019: folds
Psych0P4th: raises 1500 to 3500
martan308: folds
GHolden7: Huh?

I've seen more and more players adopt this trend of min raising a bunch of hands preflop rather than choosing a regular 3 bet sizing whether it's IP or OOP.
In this exact spot the villain is playing 13/9/4 over 78 hands. After OPR'ing him he seems like a general fish but he's already taken some pretty weird lines.
It seems like far too many times in this spot i'm folding / C.Folding and losing 3/4bb's but then a wide variety of players still use it as an induce with their major holdings.
Is flatting here the generic option? and are we only pulling out the 4bet when we've noticed it as an abnormality?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:15:49 AM by Derbylad » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »

Please get Red Dog in the thread to confirm this is Dingleberries from his Hank story, that would just make my day. The thread is in the Rail, have a read if you haven't already. Story of the century.

Dingleberries!!

That's him! He's totally unmistakable. The likeness is uncanny isn't it?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: