blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2013
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2013  (Read 20545 times)
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »

Well run Vince. Well held on Mtt, nice 3rrd Horsey.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »

Extraordinary reality check that 85% of us would have done better if we had just said "Favourite".

Better in terms of finishing position, but not in terms of the comp!  It's a bit like an mtt with 9 places paid, altering strategy so that rather than losing a critical flip for a FT stack and coming 15th, you do something else which means you come in 11th.  Better, but no difference.

Enough darts get thrown where someone is going to hit a longshot.  Trying to overtake them while going e/w on Sprinter Sacre might be hard going.  Enough people had the right idea on the final day, if you are 50 pts behind the leader, choosing 4/1 shots in each race guarantees that you don't win the competition.

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »

Thanks for running the comp Mere-great effort, kinda wish i'd sent in late/or not sent in my entry everyday and got the random picks you promised for such entries, I could not have done any worse! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:08:43 AM by Nico29 » Logged
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

Thanks for running the comp Mere-great effort, kinda wish i'd sent in late/or not sent in my entry everyday and got the random picks you promised for such entries, I could not have done any worse! Smiley

I made 28 random selections during the competition and returned not a single penny. Smiley

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2013, 10:34:22 AM »

I made 28 random selections during the competition and returned not a single penny. Smiley

Not as easy as it sounds, Vince, it somewhat reminds me of Les Dawson playing the piano badly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:17 AM »

Not as easy as it sounds, Vince, it somewhat reminds me of Les Dawson playing the piano badly.

Making random selections is as easy as it sounds. Smiley

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »

But tough to continually check for inadvertent bias to your RNG...

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2013, 10:46:55 AM »

But tough to continually check for inadvertent bias to your RNG...

I had it validated by Alderney GCC.  Wink

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »

Stats are on selections made when a big % of the field are trying to shoot for the stars to catch a clear leader at the top, as an example I picked big prices for the comp  in almost all the races yesterday but only had a bet on one of them. If there had been a load of people still in with a chance for the last 2 days the selections of most would  have been different but MTT lived up to his name and destroyed the field with two big priced winners on day 2 so it became going for gold time if you were behind from then.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: