blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111928 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »

I do have one gripe with Malwarebytes for Android. (Come to think of it, this applies to most apps)

There are no instructions included. You have to work out how to use it by trial and error.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »

You get an email from someone, it goes into your inbox

The next day you get another email from exactly the same email address and it goes into your spam folder

Why?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »

How does my computer know I am just about to receive a mobile phone call or text message about 3 seconds before my phone does?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 27, 2015, 04:24:38 PM »

How does my computer know I am just about to receive a mobile phone call or text message about 3 seconds before my phone does?

I imagine the signal that the call generates hits your pc at the same time as your phone but your phone has to process the signal first and the rings or bleeps. On your pc it's just interference.

Ah! The element of surprise
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 30, 2015, 01:20:22 AM »

Why do the toilet doors of the new Airbus A380 have ashtrays?

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: January 30, 2015, 01:28:19 AM »

Apparently, even though you're not allowed to smoke, aviation law still requires that they fit an ashtray so that when some idiot breaks the rules and lights up, he won't have to put it out in the waste bin.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2015, 02:00:24 AM »

Apparently, even though you're not allowed to smoke, aviation law still requires that they fit an ashtray so that when some idiot breaks the rules and lights up, he won't have to put it out in the waste bin.

Thanks Tom , that makes sense

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: January 30, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »

Why do people drive like idiots at the first sign of a little bit of snow on the road? 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 30, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »

Why do people drive like idiots at the first sign of a little bit of snow on the road? 

Only other people. We drive just fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 30, 2015, 12:10:55 PM »

Why do people drive like idiots? 
FYP  (other people obv.)

Embracing the variance.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: January 30, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »

I'm talking about people who don't clear the snow from their windows, don't consider other drivers (block exists or corners where they can see people will need to manoeuvre on the slippy road), or drive with their accelerator flat down and wheels spinning merrily in the snow whilst their car goes nowhere.

This morning a van was stuck on a hill, and cars behind him were pulling out to go round him, going on to the other side of the road and therefore holding up traffic coming the other way.  When I stopped to help and give him a push (as did a lorry driver who was coming the other way), I asked him how long he'd been there for. 10 minutes!  No one had offered to help in that time, and instead were merrily causing the road to become congested as they ploughed on their merry way (going nowhere slowly).  He didn't  need a push in the end, as all he needed was a bit of space to roll back down the hill and then choose a clearer route.  It took less than a minute.  Are people really that engrossed in their own little bubble that they can't see what's going on around them?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:14 PM »

I'm talking about people who don't clear the snow from their windows, don't consider other drivers (block exists or corners where they can see people will need to manoeuvre on the slippy road), or drive with their accelerator flat down and wheels spinning merrily in the snow whilst their car goes nowhere.

This morning a van was stuck on a hill, and cars behind him were pulling out to go round him, going on to the other side of the road and therefore holding up traffic coming the other way.  When I stopped to help and give him a push (as did a lorry driver who was coming the other way), I asked him how long he'd been there for. 10 minutes!  No one had offered to help in that time, and instead were merrily causing the road to become congested as they ploughed on their merry way (going nowhere slowly).  He didn't  need a push in the end, as all he needed was a bit of space to roll back down the hill and then choose a clearer route.  It took less than a minute.  Are people really that engrossed in their own little bubble that they can't see what's going on around them?

This is so true in todays world. Saying that I'm not entirely sure it hasn't always been like this.

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: January 30, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »

I stand at the end of my lane sometimes, and I see people approaching from a distance. They pass, no more than a yard away without ever looking at me at any time.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 30, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »

I stand at the end of my lane sometimes, and I see people approaching from a distance. They pass, no more than a yard away without ever looking at me at any time.

Maybe they're scared you'll punch them off their bike?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

Maybe they're scared you'll punch them off their bike?

Piss of before I deck you.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: