blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:13:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 111733 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »

1. Why doesn't snow melt as soon as the temp goes above freezing? Last week after the snow at the weekend, it nearly all thawed away within 24 hours, yet one little patch, not in the shade, steadfastly remained for nearly a week despite temps reaching 7 or 8 degrees. Why?

2. Why do you weigh exactly the same after having a crap as before?

3. Why doesn't the water in the Hoover Dam evaporate when temps are like 40 degrees plus?

4. Why do so many people follow religions when there zero evidence that there is a God. Are people really that gullible?

5. Why do so many people support the big clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. Isn't the fun of supporting a football team expericiencing the ups and downs of a local team, with success being even more sweet when you very expericence it? And you actually go to games, rather than watch on tv, living 200 miles away from your teams home ground?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:04:43 PM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:18:46 PM »

1 - dunno
2 - you don't
3 - it does, like millions of gallons a year
4 - yes they are that gullible
5 - where grew up, family, friends, fav player, local team is shit. etc.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »

1. No idea.

2. I don't, have known myself to lose 2lb+

3. See 1

4. See 3

5. I wasn't into Football as a kid, a friend at school was an Everton fan so I kind of followed them for a few weeks... My uncle, who ran my Dad's snooker club at the time had been a united fan for 20+ years, he insisted I support United and bought me a kit etc. I wasn't sure why I'd listened at first because I don't remember them doing too well, but was rewarded with an FA Cup in 1990 and never questioned my uncle again Cheesy

I used to fly up occasionally for games, but have never been a proper 'fan' like yourself and nowadays it would be too much hassle for me to go. I envy the guys in some ways who trek around the country supporting their club, but I truly am an armchair fan now and much prefer NFL to football anyway!

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »

1. Something to do with it being ice rather than snow... thats all i can offer

2. You dont, house scales variance

3. It does

4. I believe the answer is LOL religion

5. Persuasive family on impressionable youngsters  (who does Jake support?)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »

1 - Because a ghost lives there
2 - Because you're a ghost
3 - Hoover Dam full of ghosts
4 - To spite Kinboshi
5 - Something about ghosts
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »

He keeps saying "Chelsea" when asked, but I hope/trust/believe he's saying that just to wind me up.

I'll have to batter it out of him otherwise.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:16 PM »

He keeps saying "Chelsea" when asked, but I hope/trust/believe he's saying that just to wind me up.

I'll have to batter it out of him otherwise.

It's amazing how fast a child can change its mind

After not eating for a week (ty John bishop)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:49:16 PM »

5. Why do so many people support the big clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. Isn't the fun of supporting a football team expericiencing the ups and downs of a local team, with success being even more sweet when you very expericence it? And you actually go to games, rather than watch on tv, living 200 miles away from your teams home ground?

All the people who question why people don't support their local team seem to believe that this is the only reason why supporting a football team is fun.

You still get up's and down's from any team - but if you don't grow up in a household (or a even a whole city) where being an avid football fan is the norm you could just look at who plays consistently entertaining football and support them rather than a local team who play terribly.

Or it could just be like I did, support Man U because a girl I fancied when my family moved to Hastings supported them  Cheesy

Ultimately I think a genuine fan is someone who actually cares whether the team wins or loses, and it's irrelevant how they started supporting them.

NB: Although I suspect in many cases I would suggest - 'follows' would be a better term than 'supported'

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:38 PM »

1. Because snow is white, it is very reflective and so bounces away most of the sunlight which would otherwise warm it up. It the snow partly melts and then re-freezes, the new crisp outer layer will help it last even longer. In this situation, only a warm air mass will be really effective in melting the snow.

2. You don't

3. It does, but there's a lot of water ...

4. If God didn't exist we'd have to invent him.

5. For all sorts of reasons. Equally puzzling is why do some people feel obligated to support small local teams and spend their lives and their disposable income following them? Oh, and how many Darlington or Hartlepool or followers also own a replica shirt for one of the Big Six, or Barca/RM?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »

1. Because snow is white, it is very reflective and so bounces away most of the sunlight which would otherwise warm it up. It the snow partly melts and then re-freezes, the new crisp outer layer will help it last even longer. In this situation, only a warm air mass will be really effective in melting the snow.

2. You don't

5. For all sorts of reasons. Equally puzzling is why do some people feel obligated to support small local teams and spend their lives and their disposable income following them? Oh, and how many Darlington or Hartlepool or followers also own a replica shirt for one of the Big Six, or Barca/RM?

One of the best things about moving up here, was the amount of support I saw for the local team.

Darlo were terrible even before their current plight, but the kids in the town centre were more likely to be wearig a Darlo shirt than any other team.

Compared to everywhere else I've lived, it was a refreshing change.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 02:30:25 PM »

2. You don't

One of the best things about moving up here, was the amount of support I saw for the local team.

Darlo were terrible even before their current plight, but the kids in the town centre were more likely to be wearig a Darlo shirt than any other team.

Compared to everywhere else I've lived, it was a refreshing change.

I moved north in late 1987 and watched Darlington at The Feetham's in their Conference Season. It was great fun as they rolled over most visiting teams with style and panache aplenty. Keeping their fulltime squad obviously helped.
Still haven't been to The Safecracker's Stadium, not even when Northampton Town (my home town club) visited. It's the only ground in the North East where I've not supported The Cobblers, and that includes having seen them at Roker Park and Feethams

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »

2- I take it you are getting off the scale to have a crap?

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »

There's more:

6. Is "a lot" one word or two? What about "thankyou"?

7. Why are people rude to strangers when it doesn't benefit them at all? Some bloke was driving down the road, slowed his car down, unwound his window and shouted "you fat *****" to me a couple of weeks ago. Why would he do this?

8. WTF causes some traffic jams? No roadworks, no crash, no nothing, yet traffic is at a standstill. Then 10 minutes the road is clear.

9. Why do people leave football matches with 5 minutes to go? Would they leave the cinema 5 minutes before the end of a film just to "beat the rush"?

10. Why is airline food notjust shit, but really shit? Can't they just buy loads of ready meals from Sainsburys and heat them up? Only £3 a time. First class passengers could have M and S ready meals.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:15:53 PM »

11. Why is the word ***** censored on Blondepoker? I mean, we're all adults and it's an important part of the vocabulary.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »

11. Why is the word ***** censored on Blondepoker? I mean, we're all adults and it's an important part of the vocabulary.

It's because ***** doesn't want ****** the *** to ******.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: