blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:12:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Standard spot with overpair (KK) - Live 1-1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Standard spot with overpair (KK) - Live 1-1  (Read 791 times)
Reidy-FX
Probation

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »

Playing Live 1-1, 9 handed.

Table has been running a couple of hours, generally pretty loose-passive pre-flop, lots of limping. Post flop play has been straight forward from everyone, nothing fancy.

Me - UTG (£160) I have not been nitty, limping along when in position with speculative hands, raising big hands, but playing tight in early position (if anyone is paying attention)
Villain 1- HJ (£80). Not been at the table long, not seen him do anything of note.
Villain 2 - BTN (£110). Been at the table from the start. Plays a wide range pre-flop and quite tight/straight forward after the flop. I won a decent size pot earlier in the night from him when I raised the button pre with 33, checked back the A-T-5 flop, then turned a set against his flopped top two pair.

The hand:

I get dealt KK UTG and make it £4. I have made it 6 pre-flop several times at the table, but every time it has been folded around, so i make it 4 this time.

Called by Villain 1 (HJ) and Villain 2 (BTN)

Flop (£14) 

My plan from here on is to bet-bet-bet any non-Ace and non-four card straight on the flop and turn, then maybe evaluate the river.

I bet £9, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 raises to £18.

Now i'm pretty happy i'm ahead of Villain 1, but would like some input on what range we would give a passive opponent min-raising on this flop, and how to proceed.

Hands we're behind that he would probably play this way that are in his range - Any set and any combo of 5-7.

I think he would have re-raised QQ pre, and maybe JJ some of the time, and would have called 10-10 and 9-9.

How often is he raising pair&gutshot draws? Overpairs?

I admit i was unsure how to play the hand from this point.

Hero???

All opinions welcome.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: