blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:29:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Life's Luck. Random Thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life's Luck. Random Thoughts.  (Read 45846 times)
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2013, 07:28:40 PM »

SF2T best game ever. On any platform. From any era.
Good call sir! I remember that day I bought nintendo power magazine and it had the main menu cheat to make the screen turn blue! Memories.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »

Hello Craig.

Sonic was an amazing game. I protested as a kid, purely as I was Nintendo through and through.

I have a complete C-64, fully boxed with over 100 games tucked away.
One weekend, I will get all my consoles set up and have lonely night getting highscores on games that have been forgotten!

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »

HeroQuest.

I can talk about Nintendo's all day, and will get back to them later.

There was a guy on my street called Lee. He never played football, was a few years older than me and never really played outside apart from 50/50 in a few nights a week.
When your a kid, you will speak to anyone. I noticed one day he had a SNES Controller box in his bin outside his house so knocked on his door and asked if I could play. Haha. We played Street Fighter for a bit, and he didn't want to play me anymore, so he mention about some board games. I picked one called 'HeroQuest'.

I've search on youtube for this game and watched some videos, but honestly cannot make sense on how you really play. But, back in the 90's it all made sense to me.
If you haven't ever seen this game. It's a strategy dungeon game with skeletons and cool shit. You would even paint your characters! Then try and collect treasure from a dungeon avoiding skeletons, traps and falling boulders. It use to take ages to set up, but as soon as you rolled the dice, you loved it. Any strategy game that involved warriors, skeletons, goblins or wizards I would be in.

This takes me back to my childhood, as does all the games console talk altho i was deffo a SEGA kinda guy!!! Sonic > Mario back then (Now obv the opposite!)

I was a massive SF4T on the DreamCast, and managed to pwn the world as Akuma. Smiley

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »

Looking back, the simplicity of the games magic created an infinite lifespan.
I could play for hours.

I have purposely missed off a game from my list.. One that was released on the Playstation One and a game which I have racked up more than 300 hours playing.

The game, in my opinion is the greatest game ever created.

Here's a clue.

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »

Thx for your post S4OOTER.
The dreamcast is the only console I have never owned! I chose the Sega Saturn during that Era.
Do you remember any other games on there which were any good or that you enjoyed playing? Crazy Taxi was on the dreamcast I think?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:40:27 PM by Tommy Bingham » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

Looking back, the simplicity of the games magic created an infinite lifespan.
I could play for hours.

I have purposely missed off a game from my list.. One that was released on the Playstation One and a game which I have racked up more than 300 hours playing.

The game, in my opinion is the greatest game ever created.

Here's a clue.

Confirmed by far the greatest game on any playstation console ever. Could compete with hours spent Smiley
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

Yes mate!
Anyone who likes this game is instantly a guy who deserves a drink at DTD sometime.

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »

One of the games I've played for probably 1000 hours with countless replayability is Deus Ex, super old but if you've not heard of it you need a brain scan!

Probably reinstalling it when I get home Grin
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

One of the games I've played for probably 1000 hours with countless replayability is Deus Ex, super old but if you've not heard of it you need a brain scan!

Probably reinstalling it when I get home Grin

Will book in for brain scan next week mate... 
Gona check it out on youtube tomorrow.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »

HeroQuest.

I can talk about Nintendo's all day, and will get back to them later.

There was a guy on my street called Lee. He never played football, was a few years older than me and never really played outside apart from 50/50 in a few nights a week.
When your a kid, you will speak to anyone. I noticed one day he had a SNES Controller box in his bin outside his house so knocked on his door and asked if I could play. Haha. We played Street Fighter for a bit, and he didn't want to play me anymore, so he mention about some board games. I picked one called 'HeroQuest'.

I've search on youtube for this game and watched some videos, but honestly cannot make sense on how you really play. But, back in the 90's it all made sense to me.
If you haven't ever seen this game. It's a strategy dungeon game with skeletons and cool shit. You would even paint your characters! Then try and collect treasure from a dungeon avoiding skeletons, traps and falling boulders. It use to take ages to set up, but as soon as you rolled the dice, you loved it. Any strategy game that involved warriors, skeletons, goblins or wizards I would be in.

This takes me back to my childhood, as does all the games console talk altho i was deffo a SEGA kinda guy!!! Sonic > Mario back then (Now obv the opposite!)

I was a massive SF4T on the DreamCast, and managed to pwn the world as Akuma. Smiley

Must admit I preferred (significantly) Soul Calibre

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »

We had about 5 games for our Dreamcast at Uni and mainly Fighting Sims.

Dead or Alive (the film is also awesomely awful!)
SF4T
Tekken

These were abused, but also racked up hrs on

Evil Dead
Alone in the Dark

I shared the house with a Gameaholic whom owned every console and we found ourselves racking up hrs on Resident Evil (all games) and obv GTA in the later years, as well as the std Boys nights of WWE and FIFA/Pro Evo tournies.  (I was a pro evo > fifa tho).
Just saw him post a video on Facebook at a recent gaming convention where he got the chance to play the Street Fighter World Champion (Ryan Hart) - He lost 2-0 but was close, so fair play to him

Weirdly the last console i owned was a Xbox 360 (original) in which i hammered NBA and UFC games for a little and then got bored.

My top 10 games ever (all consoles)

1. Sonic 2
2. Resident Evil Series
3. Pokemon
4. Sega Rally
5. SSF4
6. Mortal Kombat
7. GTA
8. Pro Evo
9. EA Hockey
10. NBA Jam

Special Mention to Goldeneye, but i was officially the WORST player ever

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2013, 10:32:14 PM »

Yes mate!
Anyone who likes this game is instantly a guy who deserves a drink at DTD sometime.

Haha, I used to get up 5-6am to grind it before school, sooo good.

LOL, also never played Deus ex, know of it but never played it.
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:18 PM »

Screen rings bells but not jumping out at me, however at nearly 30 my brain isnt fully functional

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »

We had about 5 games for our Dreamcast at Uni and mainly Fighting Sims.

Dead or Alive (the film is also awesomely awful!)
SF4T
Tekken

These were abused, but also racked up hrs on

Evil Dead
Alone in the Dark

I shared the house with a Gameaholic whom owned every console and we found ourselves racking up hrs on Resident Evil (all games) and obv GTA in the later years, as well as the std Boys nights of WWE and FIFA/Pro Evo tournies.  (I was a pro evo > fifa tho).
Just saw him post a video on Facebook at a recent gaming convention where he got the chance to play the Street Fighter World Champion (Ryan Hart) - He lost 2-0 but was close, so fair play to him

Weirdly the last console i owned was a Xbox 360 (original) in which i hammered NBA and UFC games for a little and then got bored.

My top 10 games ever (all consoles)

1. Sonic 2
2. Resident Evil Series
3. Pokemon
4. Sega Rally
5. SSF4
6. Mortal Kombat
7. GTA
8. Pro Evo
9. EA Hockey
10. NBA Jam

Special Mention to Goldeneye, but i was officially the WORST player ever

Awesome list buddy.
Resident Evil was such an awesome step in gaming and the atmosphere it created, unreal. ResEvil 4 was a masterpiece.

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »

Yes mate!

Haha, I used to get up 5-6am to grind it before school, sooo good.

LOL, also never played Deus ex, know of it but never played it.

As depressing as it sounds, Getting to Level 99 was one the greatest acheivements of my life. Haha

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: