blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89187 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2013, 01:23:31 PM »

Think if you don't value cut yourself sometimes you're not value betting enough. A8 bet looks good to me

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2013, 02:34:43 PM »

Oh dear.

Bad isn't good, until it gets worse. Impending update...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »

card dead for ages after losing £130.00 first hand of the night qq v   three clubs , me and Red were waiting for some nice hands but never came, 2 guys stacked up early on and then managed to 3 bet raises and then donk them all off and then progressed raising £8.00 blind, moved table and walked of with a £300 profit, then took me 2hrs to drive 30 miles, M1 was horrendous, was gonna park up at services and kip till the visibility got better. Saw u went missing Nick, hope everything was ok.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »

Oh dear.

Bad isn't good, until it gets worse. Impending update...

Lol quoting this for truth.

So hard to post when you're knocking it in, but had a really fun night despite the fact I had one of my worst sessions in about 50 different ways.

Joined a table of hero's to start, had Sean, Alex, Gasgoigne, Matt, Kinboshi and Scott joined us but only briefly before I moved table due to being OWNED by Goulder every hand. Only one real hand of interest where I had to fold  to a Kinboshi £90 check-raise in a 3way 3b pot on  , feels like I block any legit semi bluffs he has.

Also lost  on  vs a steaming Vargas in a small 3 way 3bet pot where I check-raised a £50 lead for my entire stack (220) after Vargas moved in for £87, bricked out unfortunately vs 

Lost a lot of money raise-folding again, was getting my soul owned so decided to move to what looked like an easier table, look down at  and 3bet an open and get immediately cold4'd! Didn't win that pot either! Haha Grin

Played round of each, no real hands of interest apart from me stacking someone who the hand before I think took £50 off the table. He's so OOL all the time I actually got a bit of joy from stacking him with a marginal in PLO, wanted to call the floor so bad but I thought if I was wrong and I hadn't seen him lose a pot or something ridiculous I was going to be out on my arse.

Had some incred banter with Belton and a few others, boosted my mood a lot as I was already down a buy-in overall and felt like nothing was working.

Received another tilting phone call which lost me about 60 mins of playing time, there's nothing I hate more than the drama llama and unfortunately my life contains fkn buckets of it.

Came back to find the ROE dead and that I'd been moved to 1/1 Hold'em OOP to raggy. GL me. Find  and just peel a raise on the button and raggy predictably squeezes, do another peel and get an A high board, check x2, A turn I lead small he calls, and a brick river which he folded on.

Witnessed probably the tiltingist hand of the night but contained a hilarious comment from Sir Sean of Belton. He opens over a limp in a double straddled pot from the SB to £26, 3 people call. Gets checked all the way to the river and a guy shows  for the joint "Poker's hard, everyone is solid these days" Grin

Table soon becomes a hero table again as Scott and Alex sit.

Scott plays this hilarious pot!

Alex then stacks me with  vs  on  three diamonds where I butcher the entire hand basically. Honestly I don't actually deserve to have money when I play poker this horribly.

Left shortly after, decided to spin my car in DTD carpark this time, completely lose control and miss a £60k Range Rover by about 6ft. Was doing 30 all the way home as it didn't look like the roads were gritted AT ALL, also the turning into my road the front locked up and I had to quickly slam the car into first to prevent another crash.

Having a bit of a break cause I need to sort some personal shit out before I play again, I'm also working until wednesday which means no poker until then. Gonna be playing the APAT 6-max on friday which I'm really excited for, and hopefully do some winning on the 1/1 and then post March' results for you guys to see.

Ttfn.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »

How could you have possibly butchered the K high flush vs nut flush hand vs me? Be less results orientated imo.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »

How could you have possibly butchered the K high flush vs nut flush hand vs me? Be less results orientated imo.

Ha, you're probably right, although a fold pre is the best option.
polaroid83

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »

Mmm Scott shows a set. Always a set.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »

Wow awesome. Saw the title and after my 2 week sabbatical had to head straight over here and make a post.

I have only ever seen you playing at Dtd and would have to say you are without doubt one of my top 5 Dtd regs. I will always find time to have a chat with someone who is so pleasent, well mannered and just an all round good egg.

I'm really looking forward to reading a different style of diary from someone with a different perspective and who proclaims to be a tight 4 bettor. Hey your style works for you and you keep getting some touches.

Right I will crack on now and read this diary from page 1.

Good luck at the tables and 100% subscribed.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »

Ha, you're probably right, although a fold pre is the best option.

Can't remember the action pre (folding is obviously fine) but don't berate yourself for going broke here, I don't know anyone that doesn't (except for that glasses guy that flats full houses).

Alex is right, of course, don't worry too much about the results of hands like this. Go back to this hand in a week and try and tell yourself you played it badly for going broke. It's thinking such as this that has hindered me for a long time, especially in tournaments. Although I hate the term "cooler," 'cause it feels like an excuse rather than logical reasoning a lot of the time, I think it applies here.

Chin up and no more near-deaths please.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 12:55:31 AM »

Think if you don't value cut yourself sometimes you're not value betting enough.

this

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »

some hands just arent meant to be...

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »

Some hero's ITT!

Pumped for this week, managed to squeeze myself out of a 3am start on Saturday so after tomorrow I've got a good week to grind + Easter.

Let's win some moolah!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2013, 11:39:01 AM »

Gowan kid, get the lot this week.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »

Great new addition to the diaries.Well done young man.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »

Tonight's plan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: