blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shenanigans Of A Flanagan.  (Read 89201 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2013, 03:48:48 PM »

Also wtf is with all the reg filled 25/50nl?!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »

Also wtf is with all the reg filled 25/50nl?!

Probs HNR the 100nl regs

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2013, 06:28:58 PM »

Spewed in a really gross spot for like close to a 1k pot with a questionable/optimistic holding going on live reads, turned one of them full house thingies but didn't win.

I saw that pot. Live reads live shmeads. You should not have a raising range on that flop - flat your entire continuing range. Yes, including your type hands.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2013, 02:20:08 AM »

Spewed in a really gross spot for like close to a 1k pot with a questionable/optimistic holding going on live reads, turned one of them full house thingies but didn't win.

I saw that pot. Live reads live shmeads. You should not have a raising range on that flop - flat your entire continuing range. Yes, including your type hands.

hh for the fans obv...

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »

Your bed gets more action that this diary. And thats saying something!

Hit us with the updates.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2013, 12:52:49 AM »

How's it going? In meme or .gif

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2013, 04:27:43 AM »

Having a bit of a bad time atm, I'm not gonna go into the massive moaning and "How can I beat the fish when they have K and 3" etc even though it feels like all I want to do right now is scream and break something into a million pieces.

Outside of poker, people are fucking me around as usual. I'm currently owed 1k by couple non-poker friends which I'm obviously not getting back, but this is obv gonna affect lending in future and has made me sour about the whole "being a nice guy" thing to people who are in financial trouble.

Will do a proper long update tomorrow, I'm tired and tilted, I'm going to bed, alone.

Forever alone.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »

Love the LOTR pic...

hh for the  hand mentioned above.

Never a borrower or lender be.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time mate, I've had the same recently and I found that just the aspect of 'winning' irrelevant of the stakes helped me.  So just fire up some 0.01/0.02$ and play a few hundred hands to remind yourself you can win some moneys... and if you feel like gambling or having fun, then do it there - its cheaper!

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:12 PM »

Love the LOTR pic...

hh for the  hand mentioned above.

Never a borrower or lender be.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time mate, I've had the same recently and I found that just the aspect of 'winning' irrelevant of the stakes helped me.  So just fire up some 0.01/0.02$ and play a few hundred hands to remind yourself you can win some moneys... and if you feel like gambling or having fun, then do it there - its cheaper!

While this is good advice in some cases, you must read between the lines lest you become a complete cynic. Let's not forget that we're here to love one another and to help one another.

Say not unto thy neighbor, "Go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give," when thou hast it by thee.

I would never lend to someone I didn't consider a good friend, and if mere paper has the capacity to tear the fabric of a friendship, remind yourself that they probably were not the person you thought they were.

I agree with John's idea of playing small just to get some gamble out of your system, and to remind yourself that actually you love poker because if you didn't then you would have stayed at Tesco! Also remember that poker doesn't owe you anything; just because you found and ace and a king doesn't mean you deserve to make a pair with it! You are not entitled to win just because you have good hole cards. That sounds obvious and condescending now, but try to remind yourself of it in-game; it's tougher than it sounds. £1k downswing completely standard as well, please don't merge diaries with Matt Harris Wink
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »

Yeh you play 1/2 and deep 1/1 games.

- £1k = [ ] downswing [X] bad night

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

Stat of the day: 10% of my 1/2 sessions lifetime have been 4figure losing sessions. And I run good remember!

edit: of course you remember, take your OFC turn Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »

Soz guys, posting after a bad session is something I need to cut out as the moans really do come out!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:30 PM »

For those of you not sure what a £1k "downswing" looks like...

Click to see full-size image.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »

the classic moaning it in!! never fails! wiiiiii

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »

Moaned it in like a champ didn't I?

Last night went v well. Ended up playing 4 handed props with Belton, Marris and Adi, hit KKK for a nice £150 Wink

Played a few of dem poker hands, couple tough spots and a big pot with an Ace and a King, proper moaning it in for my biggest pot of the night.

Tough spot #1-

Tank folded jacks to a FredW 3b, normally this is absolutely terrible but Fred has been nitting up a bit and was playing pretty hood so.

Spot #2

- Rec open £6 out of £60, we 3b KK to £25, Fred cold4's £64 with £300 behind, 5b/call vs peel? We're OOP.

Spot #3

- I open UTG over Straddle  , 5 callers including Jack Allen, I cover him he has about 400.    Two Diamonds, I cbet 30 and he makes it 64, £250 behind. 3b/call? Feels like I'm gonna be in a horrid spot on a brick turn vs a super good opponent who's repping sets but also a lot of crushed hands like  three diamonds three diamonds?

Lastly.. 1/1, occasional straddles, whale who's just tripled to 330 thanks to a nice river card limps, we £6 with AK, good reg £31 OTB (360 stack), Asian guy with £50 stack calls, whale calls. We £125, reg folds, asian guy all in and whale CALLS.

two hearts

We £165 and he check-jams with an obv QQ. Ship it.

AK, U MADE A PAIR WELL DONE.

End of HH's, not much else going on in the world of the Flanagan atm, maybe that'll change soon though. Problem is I've been grinding super hard this month, wanted to get a good start. Doesn't really leave a lot of time for a social life, this will change though, just about finding a balance and keeping that Live EV up.

I've also been massively getting into open face chinese, if you want to play on the App or Live (SO SO SO much more fun) let me know and we'll sort something out.

Monthly Results

Total Live Sessions: 25
Total Online Sessions: 24
Total Live Wins: 18
Total Live Losses: 7
Total Online Wins: 18
Total Online Losses: 6
Best Live Win: +£1100
Worst Day: -£680
Tournament Entries/Cashes - 3/2
Total Hours: 225.5
Hourly: Fucking more than I was on at Tesco.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 34 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: