blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  DTD 300 / Monte Carlo + GUKPT D (ALL INVESTORS PLEASE READ - selling bullet #2)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD 300 / Monte Carlo + GUKPT D (ALL INVESTORS PLEASE READ - selling bullet #2)  (Read 19533 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »

I don't really see much wrong. 

Though it isn't a massively significant thing, I think they are better separate.  I don't want to be sending folks too much money when the 2nd bullet isn't needed.  Sometimes I might just want to pay for one bullet.  Sometimes I might be a bit short, or might be having trouble with stars deposit limits etc.

Also, I don't really like the idea of people knowing they have a second chance.  Even if Tom is likely to get his reload through' I'd still prefer it if he knew he couldn't take it for granted.  I know I would far rather sit with 30K chips than 7K, and I expect everyone has thought fk it when on a short stack at some time in a tournament, and this has happened entirely on my own dime.  I think I have made the point before, that people who sell at premiums can have a financial incentive to throw away short stacks if they can re-enter.  If you combine these things when it is late on day 1 and someone is sat on 10 bigs...

The one thing that Tom could have done was send us all a PM.  I could easily have missed that we had been asked for a second bullet.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »

Tom, now the MC has finished you are going to have to think about your stake threads and number of entries knowing the actual number of billets you are going to use, because both this stake and the GPS at Sheffield, you have been very unfair to backers with having an extra bullet, etc.

Firstly you played GPS, bust was brutal, but you go on to try and stake a second bullet and backers may have lost out as some was not involved in the second bullet.

You then do it again with this stake. I felt as if I was under pressure to take some of my original % because it would feel shit to see you bunk something major and have nothing in it. Not to mention that it goes without saying that some people may just miss the opportunity to reinvest because they do not check regular and could have missed out.

Please re-think next time, think its a but unfair IMO.

GPS Sheffield is next, if you think you are going to use 2/3 bullets, then ask for them, you are selling out, do won't be a problem & I'm sure it's no problem to send refunds on unused bullets.

Furthermore this is not good for the old BRM, busting out early and brutally, doesn't mean that it's a good idea just to flick it in again, you still need to be a lot more disciplined, which is something you don't seem to be at all.

Hope you see where I am coming from & I'm happy to back again (I'm only small fry though Wink)

Well played on cashing though!!

ignore this obv
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »

Aaron, how about you stop insulting people (like MC on updates) and generally stop being an idiot on the forum and go self ban yourself for 5 years. Tom has done absolutely nothing wrong here and neither have 99% of the other guys you try to have a go at.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »

Aaron, how about you stop insulting people (like MC on updates) and generally stop being an idiot on the forum and go self ban yourself for 5 years. Tom has done absolutely nothing wrong here

Tom, now the MC has finished you are going to have to think about your stake threads and number of entries knowing the actual number of billets you are going to use, because both this stake and the GPS at Sheffield, you have been very unfair to backers with having an extra bullet, etc.

Firstly you played GPS, bust was brutal, but you go on to try and stake a second bullet and backers may have lost out as some was not involved in the second bullet.

You then do it again with this stake. I felt as if I was under pressure to take some of my original % because it would feel shit to see you bunk something major and have nothing in it. Not to mention that it goes without saying that some people may just miss the opportunity to reinvest because they do not check regular and could have missed out.

GPS Sheffield is next, if you think you are going to use 2/3 bullets, then ask for them, you are selling out, do won't be a problem & I'm sure it's no problem to send refunds on unused bullets.

Furthermore this is not good for the old BRM, busting out early and brutally, doesn't mean that it's a good idea just to flick it in again, you still need to be a lot more disciplined, which is something you don't seem to be at all.

Hope you see where I am coming from & I'm happy to back again (I'm only small fry though Wink)

ignore this obv

I had a huge post in mind but all I can say is morons gotta be morons. Insulting someone you invest in after they cash in a tough tournament just because they didn't line up 2 bullets is fkn ridiculous.

I know a lot of people if they only knew they had one bullet would play a 10bb stack different to if they knew they could just flick in an extra bag for a different day 1.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »

My post is a fair opinion on it.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »

Aaron...I think you need to give some serious thought to what you say before posting

Tom has done nothing wrong here......as a stand alone proposition it his fine....if he wishes to try again then providing he gives the same stakers an option to buy its fine too (it may be useful to say in the OP something  like "watch this space for second bullet options")

As Doobs has mentioned there are a lot of good reasons to initially request staking for one bullet for both parties concerned

I personally dont think you set your stall out to troll but Im afraid you do come across that way at times especially when you are effectively challenging somebodies integrity

We all make mistakes (me included) but obviously these can be avoided by "taking a step back" and think before we start to debate a topic.

The world and the forum is a nicer place when there is harmony.

Peace x
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:31:12 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »

I'm not questioning his integrity, just the whole point of Tom adding a second bullet in OP's would just help generally, no? I think Doobs has made some fair points, but so have I, but I have misworded perhaps.

If people who are backers are not using blonde often and don't log on when Tom asks for second bullet and Tom binks, I wouldn't feel great. Like said, this is the second time top, would help people to just post for two bullets to save himself and backers time?

I only made the point to help, still think its a fair one considering.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

I'm not questioning his integrity, just the whole point of Tom adding a second bullet in OP's would just help generally, no? I think Doobs has made some fair points, but so have I, but I have misworded perhaps.

If people who are backers are not using blonde often and don't log on when Tom asks for second bullet and Tom binks, I wouldn't feel great. Like said, this is the second time top, would help people to just post for two bullets to save himself and backers time?

I only made the point to help, still think its a fair one considering.

As Ive already stated as a stand alone proposition its fine and I do understand your thought process...to be honest I think its more the tone that offends...anyway .... some food for thought !
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »

aaron -- why don't you just regulate it for stakes you are interested in if you think it's a problem, e.g. 'hey, you planning second bullet if required?, if so interested, book me x%'

seems a lot easier than post hoc trolling...
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »

Will ship all funds now guys, should be with you all within the hour.

Aaron - Was speaking to a couple of people about this and really didn't intend on firing 2 bullets at the MC. Having only played one previous £1k to this, I didn't totally know how comfortable i would be playing at this level + I really expected the field in general to be of a much higher standard - hence me selling with 0 markup (Obviously there were some sickos in the field though). However i the first bullet i fired i felt i played to the best of my ability and was slightly unfortunate to bust so early on. I thought I was massively +EV in the field, therefore considered re-entering, however i only did so after asking a some people whose opinions i respect whether it was OK etiquette, giving nearly 1 days notice - they agreed it was.

However to make things simpler next time - if i have any intentions what-so-ever of re-entering then i will include in OP Smiley

@ Doobs - I sent a few pm's out to those who didn't reply within an hour or so Smiley

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »

Ok mate. Hope you realise was just trying to help, definitely not trolling. Always happy to take a piece.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »

For what it's worth, I don't think Aaron has done anything intentionally wrong here. Other than how the tone his post has come accross he has a valid point. A proposal should include all the salient points to a prospective staker and that should include whether there is contemplation of a second bullet. It may not be necessary to collect the money for the second bullet upfront but it would make things easier if it was. It would probably be wise to also get contact details for each staker other than just relying on Blonde.

Just my thoughts.

P.S. Aaron, you seem like a good kid with the right intentions but as Fraser said earlier you just need to think how your posts sound before you click send.

Ah! The element of surprise
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2013, 06:26:42 PM »

Sent funds to:
Eso
Pleno
Dean
Aaron

Waiting on details from:
Doobs
Adam P
Callum
Ed
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:08 PM »

Stop trying to grim me you have my details!

Slacker!

Get it shipped on stars so I can spunk if back into the poker community!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: