blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reaction to a bad beat
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reaction to a bad beat  (Read 6355 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »

Live tier by ten change on 8 23 30

Online Tier by ten change on 8 23 30

It's "tierce" Paul which is French for "third" as the bet covers one third of the wheel.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »

The full name of the bet is, "Le tiers du cylindre."

We generally abbreviate it down to just 'Tier'.

But yes, it does mean 1/3 of the wheel.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »

Live: Sigh. Say gg. Shake hands with people. Leave table. Single bad beats don't bother me, and usually play so few hands/hour live that it would probably take a really sick run of 3-4 beats in a dozen hands or so of each other to tilt me. Just going to happen so rarely. I suffer more from boredom tilt live because I'm playing so few hands, but because I'm a live fish I know if I bring anything with me to stop me losing focus, I'll stop paying attention to the action which is just as bad.

Online: First few beats I'm like "Meh, whatever". After a few beats occasionally get fed up and swear at the computer, play like a total donk (nothing new there) for a few minutes before I realise that I'm tilting and stand.

Disconnecting is way more tilting though. I have a problem on Sky Poker where if I go above like 15-16 tables I end up DDoS'ing myself, Sky Poker disconnects, I have to restart the client and reload all of the tables. Then because the tile button doesn't work properly with two monitors I have to move all my tables back in to position one at a time, while still trying to play all of these SnG's.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:28:39 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »

once you've played 500,000 hands of PotLimitOmaha on the internet you'll be so immune to bad beats that a really sick part of you actually enjoys them Cheesy

I also have no qualms whatsoever when people jump about and celebrate outdrawing someone in live poker, they looked doomed and they won, they should be happy - well done them.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »

I don't normally react outwardly at all. Usually very good at giving a smile and a "NH" and cracking on.
Have to admit to slipping and totally over reacting to one this week though.
I play a friendly pub game once a week. It's only £3, and it's always mental.

The side action has always been turbo SnGs, but I've been nagging them for a while that they'd be better trying some micro cash instead.
for the last 3 weeks they've started a 10p/10p game and it's beserk and the beats are horrendous.
I'd got myself a really good seat to the left of the two most aggro players who were opeingin for anything between 70p and £2.
Was nitting up, waiting for a spot.
Villain with £13.50 makes it a whopping £3.50 UTG (I remind you this is 10p/10p)
I look down at AA. I have him covered by a couple of quid so hollywood a bit bvefore shoving.
He snaps mt off with J,10
flops a J, turns a 10.
Uncharacteruistically turned the air blue.
Too close to closing time to reload.
Just got to wait till next week to get a refund, but it's like that every week.

Despite being cash, the games have tended to play down to HU with one person walking away £100-£140 up.
10p/10p!
Not sharing location Smiley
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:04:57 PM by AdamM » Logged
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »

I don't normally react outwardly at all. Usually very good at giving a smile and a "NH" and cracking on.
Have to admit to slipping and totally over reacting to one this week though.
I play a friendly pub game once a week. It's only £3, and it's always mental.

The side action has always been turbo SnGs, but I've been nagging them for a while that they'd be better trying some micro cash instead.
for the last 3 weeks they've started a 10p/10p game and it's beserk and the beats are horrendous.
I'd got myself a really good seat to the left of the two most aggro players who were opeingin for anything between 70p and £2.
Was nitting up, waiting for a spot.
Villain with £13.50 makes it a whopping £3.50 UTG (I remind you this is 10p/10p)
I look down at AA. I have him covered by a couple of quid so hollywood a bit bvefore shoving.
He snaps mt off with J,10
flops a J, turns a 10.
Uncharacteruistically turned the air blue.
Too close to closing time to reload.
Just got to wait till next week to get a refund, but it's like that every week.

Despite being cash, the games have tended to play down to HU with one person walking away £100-£140 up.
10p/10p!
Not sharing location Smiley

Pretty standard stuff in the pubs round here that still have a poker scene. One of our locals has a 5p/10p evening with a max sit down of £10 that can see over £1000 on the table at the end.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »

once you've played 500,000 hands of PotLimitOmaha on the internet you'll be so immune to bad beats that a really sick part of you actually enjoys them Cheesy

I also have no qualms whatsoever when people jump about and celebrate outdrawing someone in live poker, they looked doomed and they won, they should be happy - well done them.

PLO definitely makes you a lot more resilient when it comes to bad beats as there are some horrors out there and they all arrive at your door sooner or later especially when you play online.

Live beats can be a lot harder to take for me anyhow, especially when you have invested nine or ten hours of your time in a tourney, although I try very hard to take them on the chin and not to show any emotion.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 09:23:07 AM »

Online this guys voice rings through my head either when I've been bad beat or, when I know one is coming, I might call the next card(s) in his style:

Love this compilation!

Thanks for posting this vid, i just been crying with laughter.. 

Satellite King
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 04:01:40 AM »

This is now my goto for all bad beats

mouth

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

This is now my goto for all bad beats

Prob not mine.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: